• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Tiles from Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Thanks DP.

Well, I have just started my first attempt of spriting a creature (rather than a potato). Here are two versions of the line art. Tell me which one is better, and also tell me what can be improved (so far).

More Tiles from Me

Atomic Reactor

i dont like the eyes though...

and the base of the tail on both should be wider.

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    your tiles are hot, i am using them in my game, once im finished, credit to you!

Years
  • Thanks for the comments.

Well, I have given up on the Fakémon. I don't really have enough time to go about and perfect it, as I do with my tiles (which don't take nearly as long). Speaking of tiles, I have some new ones, but only Neo-Dragon has them (and has permission to use them), so watch the Pokémon Protectors thread periodically for updates. Also, I will post some new tiles here eventually, as I have decided to make a fangame, mainly to get me into the swing of Sphere (so I can develop Let It Rain).

Thanks, and cheers.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I simply LOVE ur tiles Don Patch.
    May I use these:
    More Tiles from Me

for an up coming hack I'll probably do.
    I'll credit u when I post it.

Years
  • Of course.

Any tiles(ets) I make can be used, as long as I have not made them specifically for someone's (or my own) project, and as long as credit is given.

Anyway, I might make a quick map with some Pokémon Garden rips I did in a little bit, maybe showcasing a new tile I made (and by little bit, I mean tommorow. I am really tired right now).

Keep posted, and cheers.

Years
  • Well, my computer is currently down, but do not fear! There is always Paint on my parent's computer. Anyway, instead of making a Pokémon Garden rip map, I decided to sprite a new tree for my fangame (which is going to be made in RMXP, with Poccil's starter kit, not Sphere like I had planned). Now, I know the image is a GIF, but that is to prevent thieves (I did a little Google image searching, and found many of my sprites appear on the first page, which obviously leads (as has already led) to theft), so please do not comment on that. Now, obviously, since I already took that measure, I do not want people using this tile, so please do not ask.

More Tiles from Me

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks. Anyweay, I have made another new map, as well as a WIP for a fake titlescreen for a Cubivore sequel, and I also have an animation for the flower on the map. Oh, and I also made a guide for quick animating for flowers and other like plants.

More Tiles from Me

Here is the titlescreen. A bit basic, I know, but every letter on there was custom sprited.
    WIP

More Tiles from Me

Flower animation. Sorry for the GIF quality.

More Tiles from Me

Dewdrop Town. A small starting town I decided to make. Saved as a JPEG for a reason.

More Tiles from Me
    Here is the animation tutorial. I made this only to animate flowers and the like, not for water animations or any other ones.

Hope ya like.

Years
  • Thanks for the comments.

Anyway, I have decided to add my new tiles to the PHO tileset, as well as some new ones I have made. Hope ya like.

More Tiles from Me

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    There's a bit of a perspective issue going on with the houses. Let's look at the least triangular one as an example, shall we?

Pokemon is a top-down esque game, it uses tiles in a fixed perspective and so on. Great.
    The house now follows that rule of the standard Pokemon games, birds-eye view and all. Okay.
    Now, let's take a look at the triangular house. Now, the house seems to feel less connected with that rule, seems to be 'higher' which results in, us, seeing the house as facing us than more towards the ground.

Then let's take a look at the dome. Most likely the worst casualty of a perspective error. It seems to be almost facing us directly than focusing on the ground or so, like the houses on the bottom, and my first example. Fix those, and you'll be better off. :3

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    There's a bit of a perspective issue going on with the houses. Let's look at the least triangular one as an example, shall we?

Pokemon is a top-down esque game, it uses tiles in a fixed perspective and so on. Great.
    The house now follows that rule of the standard Pokemon games, birds-eye view and all. Okay.
    Now, let's take a look at the triangular house. Now, the house seems to feel less connected with that rule, seems to be 'higher' which results in, us, seeing the house as facing us than more towards the ground.

Then let's take a look at the dome. Most likely the worst casualty of a perspective error. It seems to be almost facing us directly than focusing on the ground or so, like the houses on the bottom, and my first example. Fix those, and you'll be better off. :3

That's because this is FR/LG style, not D/P/P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    It will be somewhat disorienting to those who can spot those tiny flaws. Please don't try to edge yourself on a style as an excuse. This is why it was criticism in the first place.

Years
  • That, and the fact that the dome is actually an oval, and not a perfect circle. Therefore, the dome is actually in the correct perspective. The triangular house may appear to be wrong too, but it is in the correct perspective. This is due to the way I made the roof, which I made that way because I do not like to overuse the same pattern. That, and the building is not that deep, just really wide.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'm not asking to release it, but if ur adding the new ones to the PHO base, do u have an estimated release?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back