• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen ~*!*~MOST ANNOYING GYM LEADER OF RSE~*!*~

~*!*~ANNOYING~*!*~

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2013
    norman.. the hardest gym leader i've ever faced it still wasnt that easy with a fighting type

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Definitely has to be Whitney. That Miltank was too much to handle so early.

toothfairy

Battling since Blue
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    I HATED Norman! Especially when i tried to mudkip solo D: he was just too rape

Bellasaur

no$gba hurts my eyes :(
    Years
  • The first time around the only leaders that really gave me trouble were Tate and Liza [I had no idea Tate was a boy til I read it on Wikipedia [Random fact for you there :P]]

But the second time around I've sailed through them all. I just took Gym 7 down with Grumpig [Confusion to protect Gyarados] and Gyarados [Surf and Dragon Rage just to finish them off]

Tate is a boy? OMGWTFMAN. D:

Winona and her flippin altaria. That thing destroyed my team. Tate and Liza were hard because I always insisted on using blaziken when I was battling them and I didn't have a dark type. Flannery's torkoal was a little hard to beat, too.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Flannery.

I have no problems with dispatching her Slugmas - They're essentially there to provide EXP - But her beastly Torkoal always puts the brakes on what would otherwise be a full-blown sweep. Unless I started off with a Mudkip or caught a Marill/Numel/Geodude and trained it up some, there is no way in which I can confidently go up against her.

I believe that Liza and Tate deserve a mention, but only their Emerald recreation. The R/S version of Liza and Tate is nothing in comparrisson.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Tate and Liz were the hardest for me. I got sick of my team so I got rid of the one pokemon that could probably take them both on his own and switched him for wailmer (which was always killed by solarbeam before he could do any real damage)

dash!

Epic
    Years
  • ughhhhhh Tate and Liza. That stupid earthquake bird/levitate combo never fails to annoy the sh** out of me. >_<

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Winona. Her Pokemon aren't much trouble, but her Altaria is impossible to beat. If I use a Rock type Pokemon to use a Rock type move, she 'Quakes me. This thing has never failed to annoy me. Honorable mention goes to Brawly, who I rarely have anything good against him that early in the game. In my most recent Sapphire playthrough, a Zubat just stalled it out (Fighting move on Zubat = divided by 4 resistance). I really haven't ever had trouble with Tate and Liza though. I usually have a Dark type on hand to beat her.

XJ55

Tate and Liza D: In Emerald I had to repeat several times that battle!

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2015
    Roxanne because of that damn nosemon. Not to mention Wattson and my extreme dislike of all Ground types, excluding GenV.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I remember Norman giving me a lot of trouble, though Tate&Liza does deserve a mention for being annoying with their well-worked combos.

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Hmm Winona annoyed me because of her haxy dragon dance boosts with Altaria. Especially when it has earthquake. I found tate and lisa annoying in R/S because they were easily beaten by fishing up two wailmer and spamming surf. Flannery was a little annoying because of attract. The gym leaders were done well in R/S/E I don't have many problems with them in terms of difficulty expect stupid Tate and Liza.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Sadly, Wattson. I always chose Mudkip as a starter and was sonicboom-ed by Magneton the whole time, it took me quite a while to realize that Magneton didn't have levitate. TT_TT

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2014
    Wattson was sometimes an issue. Tate & Liza were a pain in the ass. And sometimes Flannery was too. Overall I'd say Tate & Liza were the hardest.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This thread is from 2009. It's 2011. Please do not revive old threads. Thanks!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back