• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most annoying Gym Leader

jammi567

The Gym Leader i hate the most was Witney, certainly when i was first playing the game.

shiraume

Plum Princess
    Years
  • Tate and Liza REALLY caught me offguard. I had a tough time because I don't think I had a strong enough Dark-type Pokemon to take them on with.

I don't have any problems with Candice, but it's her stupid gym that tore my brains apart trying to figure out how to smash those snowballs.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • Wow it's interesting learning who had trouble with which Gym leaders.

You see people say they struggled with such and such Gym Leader and you just think "How could you struggle with that?"

I guess everyones differences are due to favorite pokemon & what they train...

I just finished the Third Gym in Pearl, the little fighting Kid... My Kadabra had a field day in that place completely slaughtering her minions and that Lucario she has, I always love fighting Gyms because 99% of the time i have either a psychic or Flying Pokemon in my party so you kind of just walk away wondering where the challenge was.

4th Gym is the crazy looking water guy right? I'm pretty sure My Luxray will have fun with him after looking in the Prima book what Pokemon he uses...

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Either Watson in Emerald (I bought Sapphire and was shocked at how easy he is to defeat) with the Manetric, Liza and Tate in Emerald (again, I was surprised at how ridicuously weak they were in Sapphire) with the Xatu and Claydol combo or Whitney with the Rollouting Miltank. I had to try loads of times to beat those people. Whitney was probably the worst because she was early in the game so you really don't have much chance to level up a whole team then, you'd probably have to stick with your starter or get out a weak one and Sand Attack it or Growl it and use it as a "sacrifice" haha...If she was later, Rollout probably wouldn't be a problem at all.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Whitney is the most annoying. Coinsidently her Clefairy was female and kept using attract on my male pokemon. They were unable to attack but when the Clefairy was taken down easily by my female pokemon, that "miltank" continuously used moves that I hoped it wouldn't use. Though I defeated Whitney, she is the most annoying.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

Pookachu

Chuck Norris
    Years
  • Brock & Misty, because I always started with Charmander. :/ For Brock...had to rely on Pokémon caught in Viridian Forest to win, and vs Misty, I would catch some Oddish/Bellsprouts and evolve them D:

Oh yea, once I evolved my starter into Charizard before challenging Brock. <_<

Milnivri

Telefan ;)
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Tate and Liza. 2-on-2 gym battle AAAAAH

Even with a Swampert who knew Surf and Muddy Water which attacks both Rock-type enemies, their Psychic was really annoying. And Solrock's Fire Blast (he has it, right?)

Whitney wasn't that hard, you can get a traded Machop which can train fast and literally own her lor.

Years
  • I dont realy know i havn't been on my gold for a while but i think it would be Gardenia from Pearl as i chose Piplup for my starter and i had no clue the Flying type was there weakness so it took a while *Blushes*

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • The rollouting Miltank, its soo annoying. Yes thats Whitney btw, I had to level up my Pokemon 10 levels higher than her Miltank to KO that Pokemon. She was the most Move abuser ever

:t354:TG

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
  • Fantina. I think she's really that weird guy from the Emerald Battle Frontier. Same hair, just a dress and some sucky French words thrown in. Which is why I call her a 'he'

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I haven't played Gold, Silver, or Crystal because the internal battery in my Silver game dies out repetitively, so it seems as if I have no say in this thread about the Johto Region (however I am playing through ShinyGold). It seems as if the majority agrees that Whitney of Goldenrod City is the most annoying gym leader, and I am working through Falkner as of now and I have yet to experience Whitney's battle style. In the games and regions that I have played through, I will let my opinion be known. In Kanto of the games FireRed and LeafGreen, I really thought all of the gym leaders were pretty easy to beat. If I had to choose, it would have to be Koga of Fuschia City or Giovanni of Viridian City. Koga's poison inducing status tactics can wear down your Pokemon incredibly fast, making your Pokemon extremely easy to beat. His poison pokemon were also very bulky and annoying. Giovanni was pretty strong in terms of power. His pokemon did a huge amount of damage to my team since most of the time my team was extremely weak to ground type attacks. In Hoenn of the games Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, I had a strong opinion that Norman of Petalburg City and Winona of Fortree city. Slaking was very bulky, not to mention he had two of them. I didn't use the Truant Protect combination to beat Norman, so Slaking kept dealing massive amounts of damage to my team. Winona's Altaria really ticked me off too. Dragon Dance from Altaria helped it do massive damage to my team, and after the speed boost, none of my very fastest Pokemon could outspeed Altaria. Dragon Dance gave Altaria a huge poost in it's STAB move Dragon Claw. 120 base power empowered by Dragon Dance's 1.5 boost each time. Altaria was bulky too so even if I did manage to survive a Dragon Claw, I couldn't get a really good hit in Altaria. Full Restores annoy me all the time. In Sinnoh of the games Diamond and Pearl, I am agreeing with the majority and say that Fantina was the most annoying gym leader. Why? Mismagius was incredibly hard to take down, but she was mostly annoying because of Drifblim. Drifblim had Aftermath, and I had barely any special attacks on my team. At common points I forget that Drifblim actually carried Aftermath, and that had costed me my strongest Pokemon. Drifblim was extremely bulky, too. Fantina used Full Restore on Drifblim, which caused me to throw my DS onto the ground. Drifblim's large HP stat was hard to take down, and I had to take it down twice thanks to full restore. In short, my candidates are...

Koga of Fuschia City, specializing in Poison types. (status, bulky opponents)
    Giovanni of Viridian City, specializing in ground types. (hard-hitting opponents)
    Norman of Petalburg City, specializing in Normal types. (bulky, hard hitting opponents)
    Winona of Fortree city, specializing in Flying types. (bulky, hard-hitting opponents)
    Fantina of Veilstone City, specializing in Ghost types. (bulky stall Pokemon, status)

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Gen II:

Most annoying Gym Leader

Whteney:
    I don't hate her, but she constently spammed me with rollout. She also metronmed me, I used my Quilava, and the metronome was Water Gun, how lovely -.-.

Most annoying Gym Leader

Chuck:
    He was not as much annoying as horrible. His poliwhirl is what annoyed me, with the Water gun I barely beat him with a level 5 Tyrouge >.>.

Gen III:

Most annoying Gym Leader

Flannery:

I started with Treeko, then I Sceptile I beat her with pound, but she used a Max Revive so I had to use Struggle.

Most annoying Gym Leader

Winona:

Again Sceptile=NO against Altaria, Barly Killed it and Tropius.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    The current one is Gardenia. I started with piplup which evolved into prinplup but she STILL beat me because of that weight-dependent move.

ARGH.

Even my staravia was taken down by her, I'm not sure HOW, but she put quite a hurting on me before I took her down.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I don't have a DS, so I haven't played D/P (sobs), but I do have annyoing gym leaders from hte other 3 gyms:

Gen 1: Koga
    Koga is freakin annoying in yellow you are cruising through the first four gyms who go up to lvl 30 right? Then you get to Koga with lvl 35s. AND HIS FIRST POKEMON IS A LEVEL 51 VENOMOTH! I got creamed by him 15 times before I was able to barely beat him with kadabra

Gen 2: Morty
    Psychic and Dark types are hard to come buy at this point in the game. So I pretty much cruise through the haunters and gastlys with a few surfs from poliwag, then Morty brings out a Gengar who practically kills everyone besides my noctowl, then its a battle of hypnosis exchanges and dream eater/ confusion. I only won because noctowl woke up and used confusion before gengar could use dream eater. That was the only gen 2 gym leader I had trouble with.

Gen 3: Winona
    Winona's a flying type gym leader, right? I waltz in with a lvl 40 Manectric and Blaziken, ready to kill her- which I do, up to her Altaria. Altaria killed me cuz I couldn't put any damage on it with pokemon weak against it. I eventually had to go train up a Graveler to beat her. SOOOOOOOOOOOO Annoying

Back