• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Annoying Moves

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    wishirulz said:
    #1-spash wth is it fore is it a joke cause its not funny
    #2-block eh if your stuck with a nosepass and you have a blaziken at the same level good luck!
    #3-double team is a total wast of sace
    #4-tunt what a wast it does nothing good !!!
    #5-flash omg its good only like once in the whole game
    Taunt is actually pretty useful against buffers but in ingame playing it's a waste of space
    Poison gas (I mean common does a normal poisoning with a pretty low accuracy what a waste)
    Skill swap and trick suck at ingame playing
    Blizzard, Hydro pump, Fire blast and Thunder I mean common all these moves have much better counter parts (Ice beam (better accuracy, only a little weaker and more pp, Flamethrower (same reason as above), Surf (Same reason yet again, thunderbolt yet again the same reason, the only situation where thunder is better than thunderbolt is when you have rain dance on)
    Solar beam two turn attacks SUCK! you should only use solarbeam if your pokemon has clorophyl and sunny day is on.

Years
  • I dislike Thunder Wave aswell, but I really dislike Splash, Confuse Ray and Protect/Detect, they're all ebil >-< but not when you have them ^_^ Except for Splash though...pointless move..

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
  • A.Coz said:
    Ever heard of the SubPunch combo? Also, FP always goes last in round.
    Not when Counter is used.

Anyways, I detest Confuse Ray (Sweet Kiss even more), Attract, and Thunder Wave, and I loathe when Admin Venus uses them all at the same time! I detest when the computer uses Protect/Detect because it managed to use it four times in a row. I also dislike OHKO moves when the computer uses them... because they're INSANELY lucky.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Some of the moves I hate:

OHKOs: Once in the frontier Battle Factory I had my entire team decimated by a Dewgong who got three hits in a row with these. Way to go game balance...

Double Team/Accuracy Reducers: The ingame opponents only need to use these once in the battle and my next move is a nearly guaranteed miss.

Baton Pass: Once, sure. Twice, why not? But 10+ friggin' times? Baton Passers are the incarnation of annoyance.

Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon/Frenzy Plant: Utterly worhtless moves that every n00b seems to fall in love with.

Fireblast/Hydro Pump/Blizzard/Thunder: Equally worthless, with the possible exception of Thunder in rain. They all have better counterparts.

Zap Cannon/Dynamicpunch: Only the AI seems to hit with these.

Protect/Detect: Sure, it's useful for wearing out your opponent. But the AI seems to use these just to annoy me. Particularly the Pellipers! Five successfull protects in a row = >_<

Spore: I'm utterly sick of Sporepunchers and Sporedrummers (Is that second one even a real term?) on netbattle.

Superpower: Yes, please give me a sucky fighting move that not only makes my Nidoqueen as weak as a little schoolgirl but also incapable of withstanding a single physical attack. I'd rather take Brick Break any day.

Attract/Thunder Wave/Sweet Kiss combo: Nothing seems to get through this, simple as that. And if someone has baton passed along a Block, Spiderweb, or Mean Look then you're in for a real treat.

Stockpile/Spit Up/Swallow: At least half of my pok?mon's movepool filled up with normal type moves which require at least two turns to actually do something? No thanks.

Years
  • I can't stand Attract because I rarely actually hit the opponent because the Pokemon is infatuated with love especially if they're a computer character.

Emerald Queen

Dragon Training Apprentice
    Years
  • This is where the glass Flutes come in. I keep blue, yellow and red in my bag all the time ( and in that order of importance). This gives me a quick, easy and infinite cure for moves that cause sleep, confusion or infatuation. Mental Herb does much the same thing, but it has to be held by a pokemon so can only be used on that one.

The moves that bug me are the protective moves i.e. protect and detect. You can't do anything about them, just hope that the move will fail when it's used. Confuse ray is another one that bugs me, because you can either spend a lot of your time curing it and being re-affected, or risk wiping your self out as your pokemon damages itself.

Double team is also frustrating, as this will block even those moves which aren't supposed to miss, like Swift and Shock wave.

I tend not to use defensive moves, anyway, or ones that don't cause damage. I also avoid moves with less than 100% accuracy. So, when I'm training, the moves which annoy me most are things like howl, tail whip, growl and so on, moves that don't do anything for you, but can cause irritation when done to your pokemon in battle

electricgrass

I'm a prodigy in progress
    Years
  • I hate the old R/B/Y wrap and any poison attack combo

protect/detect (unless I am using them)

splash

harden

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    in RBY I'm cheap like that and use a Swords Dance + Wrap + Hyperbeam lickitung

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Emerald Queen said:
    This is where the glass Flutes come in. I keep blue, yellow and red in my bag all the time ( and in that order of importance). This gives me a quick, easy and infinite cure for moves that cause sleep, confusion or infatuation. Mental Herb does much the same thing, but it has to be held by a pokemon so can only be used on that one.

I find it extremely frustrating to keep using the flutes until my opponent is out of PP. Also, you can't do this in Netbattle since there are no items (Except for held) there. And to top it all, there's no flute for paralysis.

Emerald Queen said:
    Double team is also frustrating, as this will block even those moves which aren't supposed to miss, like Swift and Shock wave.

Erm, no it doesn't. The only ones that block out non-missing moves are two stage attacks with hiding (E.g. Bounce, Dive, Fly, Dig) and the moves that block everything, (I.e.Protect, Detect)

Emerald Queen said:
    I tend not to use defensive moves, anyway, or ones that don't cause damage. I also avoid moves with less than 100% accuracy. So, when I'm training, the moves which annoy me most are things like howl, tail whip, growl and so on, moves that don't do anything for you, but can cause irritation when done to your pokemon in battle

No non-damaging moves at all? That makes you terribly vulnerable against counter attackers. I always like to keep at least one non-damaging move. Either a buff, (E.g. Dragon Dance, Calm Mind, Swords Dance) a direct protection move (E.g. Safeguard, Protect, Substitute), a recovery move (E.g. Rest, Aromatherapy), an annoyance move (E.g. Thunder Wave, Attract) or a counter attack (I.e. Counter, Mirror Coat, or Magic Coat). It makes for a far more efficient moveset imo.

Emerald Queen

Dragon Training Apprentice
    Years
  • No non-damaging moves at all? That makes you terribly vulnerable against counter attackers. I always like to keep at least one non-damaging move. Either a buff, (E.g. Dragon Dance, Calm Mind, Swords Dance) a direct protection move (E.g. Safeguard, Protect, Substitute), a recovery move (E.g. Rest, Aromatherapy), an annoyance move (E.g. Thunder Wave, Attract) or a counter attack (I.e. Counter, Mirror Coat, or Magic Coat). It makes for a far more efficient moveset imo.

Perhaps it does make for a better, more balanced fighter, but I tend to be aggressive and go for a OHKO approach. My philosophy is ' Hit 'em once, hit 'em hard, eliminate them before they can harm you.' That's why I have the flutes to hand: I'm not bothered by using them until my opponent runs out of the status affecting moves. I also try and type match so the pokemon I have out has the greatest advantage possible over it's foe. Where I'm faced with a dual type I can't exactly match, I aim for one or the other of the types, and attack that.

Erm, no it doesn't. The only ones that block out non-missing moves are two stage attacks with hiding (E.g. Bounce, Dive, Fly, Dig) and the moves that block everything, (I.e.Protect, Detect)

I beg to differ on this score: during my Tower challenge, I came up against a ninjask that used Double Team. I was using an Altaria that knows Aerial Ace, one of those unavoidable attacks, and yes, it missed, much to my surprise and annoyance. As it works by increasing evasiveness, rather than reducing accuracy, I guess it's a good move to have, but kind of puts a lie to the so-called 'unavoidable' attacks.

My biggest problem is that I tend to use dragon types, or pokemon with a dual dragon+ another type. They're vulnerable to Ice attacks, which was how I got put out of my challenge, by a Starmie that used an Ice Beam on my Altaria and my Flygon, before finishing off my weakened Milotic.

Sand Attack is another bugbear, because, if you can't eliminate your foe, it can get to a point where no attacks will land, leaving your pokemon vulnerable. Yet I really don't see the advantage of having it as a move: it's not 100% accurate, does no damage, and so takes up a slot that could be better filled.

Back