• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most annoying phone call

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Most calls are annoying and only a few are actually about battling =/

I just like using banks in videogames, I personally think it gives me a good fallout in case I go broke. Plus, having ALL your money ALL at once might cause you to spend more, therefore you may go broke faster. Just my opinion...

It's all good, plus kudos for liking Soul Eater =]

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
I know i mean why cant the in game mom just stop spending your money i mean the reason you had her keep it was so that it didnt get spent right away right? well how come she keeps calling me literally after EVERY battle and saying "i just spent your money on pathetic little berries that you never use, dont forget to pick them up at the pokemart.". its so annoying. and JOEY i mean come on, stop bragging about that friggin rattata, i mean your acting as if that rattata is a rare exotic pokemon. well then how come i totally pwned it!?!?! lol i didnt get as many calls on gold,and silver as i do on heartgold. wonder why. I regret adding joey's number and giving "Mom" my money. ): i wish they had a bank that didnt spend your money on useless stuff every single minute.

Kirkland

show me my silver lining
Years
Its always at some super intense moment like the part where I double battle with Silver against Clair and Lance, and I win, when all of a sudden I get a phone call; "MY RATTATA IS LIKE NO OTHER RATTATA!" -facepalm- And the part where I battled Ho-oh once I finally caught one with awesome IV's, the rattata kid calls me. DD:

Druid

she's not anyone...
Years
I have just defeated the most powerful gym leader in Johto. I enter the back room, where the ultimate dragon trainers train and train, and have passed the test that proves my worth as a pokemon's trainer, and, more importantly, a pokemon's friend. As I walk out of the chamber, my heart filled with pride, my phone rings. It is my mother.

"Hi, I was just shopping and say something that I really liked, and I bought it with your money. Sorry! The deliveryman will be waiting in the nearest pokemart or department store. I know it will be useful!"
Click.

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
Pretty much any call that's like "Well I tried to defeat a Psyduck...but I couldn't! It was close!" or "Oh wait sorry I didn't mean to call you TEE HEE~" gets on my nerves. I wish we could call them back, I'd spam the useless callers with things like "LOL MY SOCKS DON'T MATCH! 8B"

SuperLightning

Eevee Lover and Trainer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 5, 2010
The most pointless? the one that calls to tell me her snubull cuter....

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
Years
Its always at some super intense moment like the part where I double battle with Silver against Clair and Lance, and I win, when all of a sudden I get a phone call; "MY RATTATA IS LIKE NO OTHER RATTATA!" -facepalm- And the part where I battled Ho-oh once I finally caught one with awesome IV's, the rattata kid calls me. DD:

Oh GOD don't remind me about Joey!

I. Don't. Want. To. Hear. About. Your. Stupid. RATTATA!!1

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
Ugh! I think my "mom"'s calls are the most annoying!

*PokéGear's ringing! PokéGear's ringing!* Picks up PokéGear.

"Hi, Alyssa! I don't care about all your hard work on your battles, honey, so I bought some useless berries for you! Go quit whatever the hell you're doing and go pick up those berries at the PokéMart, dear!"

*Hangs up PokéGear* -_-

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
hey guys, if you don't wanna save (lose) money, just call your mom and say no =]

Maybe someday he'll call about his awesome RATICATE. xD

I sure hope he doesn't lmao

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 24, 2011
Joey
"Hey {Insert Name Here}
Remember my Ratatta?
Well Hes the best Ratatta?
Like at the top of the chain!"

Once he called for a Rematch
I went there and beat him and he had a Raticate.
then not even 2 minutes later he calls
" Hey Im Planning Stratagies with my RATATTA!"

Didnt you just have a Raticate?

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Guess who:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
"My rattata is a rattata."
You know what guy I mean.

And mom? Well, she's mom...

Toxicroak

Mustard
Years
some girl called me before i walked into the ruins of alph to do the Arceus event.

she gave e like 5 boxes of text then realized she had the wrong number..
FUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUUF!!

and some other girl who calls me and forgets what she was going to say

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I really tend to ignore the phone calls, playing through the English game I never once got called for a rematch or any of the extras the trainers offer such as swarm details and items (in paticular the Leaf Stone you can recieve from Liz just before Goldenrod City).
The Japanese import I had was quite funny however I used to recieve phone calls with a bunch of japanese characters I could not understand with a sprinkle of "RATTATA"'s included, for some reason that had a tendency to make me chuckle.
I've gotten copius amount of calls from Mom however (yes I'm that cool), and find myself having to walk in and out of the Mart to collect the items she has bought, not that I'm complaining.
But definately anything not productive or to my benefit is just annoying if I do say so myself.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
I keep getting some camper that literally keeps telling me, "Hi. Did you know that Whitney likes to hang out on the 6th floor of the Department Store?" then just hangs up after that.

Creeper? I think so.

Back