• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most Annoying Pokemon move used against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
Years
  • Which pokemon move annoys you the most when used against you?
    Here's my list:

1. Protect/Detect

2. Confuse Ray/Supersonic/Swagger/Flatter/Teeter Dance (though I hate Swagger the most)

3. Toxic/Poison Gas

4. Rest

5. Endeavor

Reasons:
    1. Mostly I used strong moves against an opponent and whenever they use Protect, BAM! 1 PP wasted. It's damaging if you used moves like Hyper Beam when the pokemon uses Protect.

2. Urrgh, confusion always turns out to be a disaster for me. I rarely actually attack the pokemon when my pokemons confused, it's like my RNG is screwed up or something...

3. Though poison can be easily cured by Pecha Berrys or Antidotes, I still hate it coz it wastes a turn during battle and I'm forced to take damage for one turn.

4. Rest, to my opinion is considered cheap. As you all know, its a move that the enemy gains full hp and goes to sleep. Cmon, full hp restoration? Isn't that a bit too cheap? Worse, most trainers whom I fight have a pokemon with rest happen to always hold chesto berries T.T

5. Endeavor literally blasts away your hp given that the opponent has less hp than you. Ever heard of the F.E.A.R tactic? Well some of my friends use it which is extremely damaging... Basically they send out a weak pokemon with Focus Sash who can learn Endeavor and Quick Attack (Rattata for instance). Then should you reduce the rattata to one hp, the Rattata uses Endeavor... BAM! 1 hp left.
    Next round, one quick attack and you're gone. How unfair is that?

Last edited:

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I hate moves like Rest and Recover, because they drive me absolutely nuts after I spend a good ten minutes whittling a defensive Pokemon's HP down (mainly Snorlax and Chansey/Blissey) and they use a HP-recovery move. x_X

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • It's not unfair... It's tactical. >_>

But yeah, it's annoying. I hate Serene Grace + Headbutt/Air Slash/Iron Head but love it when I use it. :D

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Whichever moves cause the following to appear on my screen:

"___ is infatuated with enemy___!"
    "___ is confused!" often followed by "It hurt itself in its confusion!"
    "The foe's___ protected itself!"
    "The foe's___ recovered HP!"

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    OHKO moves that actually get a hit. Its unfair when you had the advantage to strategy.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    swagger + shedinja
    i hate swagger soooo much
    The rest + sleep talke + 2 OHKO moves is pretty gay too

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • While hax can be annoying, I don't mind it as much. What really bugs me are those moves banned by standard rules. That's Fissure, Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, Double Team, and sleep moves used after one member of my team is already asleep.

I don't care if it's in-game or not. It's annoying. ^^

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
  • Pretty much Rest and Recover. Also Focus Punch, since when a Pokemon hits you while it's charging, you get owned by the opposing Pokemon since you can't move. Sand-Attack mildly annoys me because of the accuracy loss, Swagger because it confuses and Protect/Detect because *actual scene* my Crobat once used Fly on a Fighting-type, but before he could attack, the Pokemon (I think Hitmontop) used it. It annoys me way too much. T_T

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • Recover, Rest, Protect, Detect and Rollout are all the biggest on my list. If I find you grinning after using Protect for the sixth time, your smile will have a few holes in it after a couple of moments.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Protect/Detect tops my list by far (Pelipper and Meditite, I'm glaring at you)

Confusion moves are annoying, but I have a Yellow Flute in Emerald, so basically any sorry NPC that wants to use Swagger just sealed their own demise. Confuse Ray is annoying because nothing good comes out of it, and it's often found on Pokemon that irritate me anyway.

Rest/Recover/etc. are bothersome, but I don't see them often enough to get miffed when they're used.

EDIT: Oh, and Roar/Whirlwind. Whether I'm trying to catch a Pokemon that's already trouble or whether I'm fighting an NPC and have to have the Exp. Points divided up more than I want them to be, those moves are just all-around irksome.

Last edited:

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • double team!

the most annoying move in the game. makes me wanna use shockwave/faint attack/swift

Kyuukon

I'm the 129th Thousand Member!
    Years
  • Wtf!? Rest and recover arent annoying
    because they hardly use it.
    i HATE: Confusion, Confuse Ray, Sand Attack, Leach Seed, and the other plain ones =/
    lol

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Then having played a lot of times on Netbattle, I tell you mine:
    1) Substitute + Calm Mind Leggendary
    2) Curse + Snorlax

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back