• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most ANNOYING status condition??

Hmm.. Which status?

• Poisoned

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Burned

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Paralyzed

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Fall asleep

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Frozen

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Badly poisoned

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Confused

Votes: 32 41.0%

• Total voters

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    -_-; How is Confusion annoying? You simply switch out, thats it. :/

Although not all of us share the same basic view on confusion as you do, it just is. Switching out is tied with that "other-Pokémon-taking-the-damage" thing. I really don't like switching out because I like to avoid splitting the Exp. points with other Pokémon. And if you would like to add emphasis on this, practically all status-effected Pokémon can be easily switched out.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I don't really like getting frozen, that doesn't happen too often but it's just annoying.

Infatuation is also annoying. WHY WON'T YOU ATTACK??? :P

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
    All status conditions are annoying. ALL OF THEM.
    But the most annoying is probably.. confusion. They tend to attack themselves more than actually strike. Or when they strike, they miss. >:

Attraction is annoying when it happens, but my Pokemon haven't been attracted for a while since I just KO the Pokemon anyway. XD

Nicku

//[N]ICKU::
    Years
    Paralyze, or Frozen, because you cant attack.
    I dont find Confused a very big problem, it is possible to attack with a confused Pokemon.
    But Fall asleep is very annoying, i hate battles were all my Pokemon fall asleep, it just make the battle .. boring D:
    Poisoned and Burned is annoying too, but i dont find it THAT annoying.

I'll vote Paralyze, because it makes your Pokemon slow, and sometimes you cant attack >_<

- Nicku

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    I hate paralysis. It lowers you pokemon's speed so much, and makes the battle drag on and on. You have to wait for the other pokemon to attack before you can k.o. them.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Freeze - my friend's Electivire has made me hate it with a passion. I swear that thing's Ice Punch has got to have a freeze rate of at least 50%: it froze my Pokémon with its first Ice Punch three battles in a row and if the first one isn't a freeze, the second or third one usually is. His Electivire's freezehaxing skills have won him two battles against me now. =\

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I hate poison,
    It makes me mad how the HP just goes down, and the screen shakes.
    But I would also say confusion, its the maddest status ever, it makes me crazy. I've lost lots of battles that way. But I would say that all the status problems are annoying in their own way

~C3LEBI

unown_hunter

Currently:finding shiney unown
    Years

it would have to be confusion. My pokemon always attack themselves and when they do i want to through my game through.

p.s.
    has anyone else noticed that when your opponents pokemon are confused that they never attack themseves

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Paralysis = Ghey.

Seriously, i had a battle with this guy and his snoralax paralyzed my Skarmory, it was then parahaxed 7 times in a row =/

Freeze is annoying aswell, just cause your pokemon becomes dead weight.

Same with Sleep

Just remember, Aromatherapy and Heal Bell are your friends =)

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    All them just suck to begin with. They ARE status effects after all. The most annoying for me is Sleep! GAH, so annoying. You can't do anything while the opponent just pounds on you! T_T

I rarely get Frozen, and for Confusion, that one doesn't really bother me either.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    For me it's paralysis that bugs me. For one, the latter of those moves are either of the grass type or the electric type, so my precious water type pokemans are vulnerable in that instance. Secondly, I like never get to move at all >.> Thirdly, if I do manage to heal the condition, 60% of the time my opponent will inflict it on me again in the same turn.

So yeah, I dislike paralysis with an extreme passion.

Years
    But in RSE, I don't seem to hate that Confusion, Sleep and Attraction that much..
    We have the glass flutes right??
    And basically in FRLG even though my Venusaur is Paralyzed/Asleep/Frozen, it still wins.
    With Toxic, Leech Seed and Leftovers of course :)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Although not all of us share the same basic view on confusion as you do, it just is. Switching out is tied with that "other-Pokémon-taking-the-damage" thing. I really don't like switching out because I like to avoid splitting the Exp. points with other Pokémon. And if you would like to add emphasis on this, practically all status-effected Pokémon can be easily switched out.
    The thing with Confusion is that it heals when you switch out, unlike most status conditions. Yeah, it gets annoying when you're training but when you get into competetive play, its pretty simple to just get a switch :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Paralysed is the only lasting one I find really annoying, sleep's not exactly fun either...
    But, I'd go for confused due to its effect...

Cheez

Infinity©
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2021
    Frozen. Just when you think you are about to win..

BAM!

They hit you with an Ice Beam and freeze you >_>

Back