• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

most hated gym

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    In FireRed I had a little trouble getting past Misty because of her Starmie and BubbleBeam

Pokekid1995

The beatles
    Years
    If we are talking ANY region here, i guess i would go with LT. Surge in Firered

This isn't because HE is hard, the frigging solving the rubbish bin part took me forever, it is so annoying xD

heh i unlocked it the first two bins i chose

i say the hardes is whitney her pokemon seemed overpowered to me

Years
    I hated battling Norman and his Slaking(s). I had to over-level my own Pokemon just so they'd last through more than two attacks.

I also remember Flannery and Tate/Liza being a bit of an issue to defeat. Winona wasn't too bad, but I've had problems with her Altaria before.

Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson and Juan/Wallace never gave me any real problems, from what I can remember.

I started with a female Mudkip, by the way.

In Fire Red, I had trouble with Brock and Misty, mostly because I started with Charmander. Even though Charmander learns Metal Claw in that game, it doesn't erase its blaring weakness to Rock moves (which, as I recall, Onix actually uses in Fire Red). Once I'd evolved my Charmander into Charmeleon, I didn't have as much trouble with Brock.
    With Misty, I had Pikachu and Oddish to deal out super-effective damage... but that annoying Water Pulse attack always seemed to confuse my Pokemon.

dracolord775

Lord of Darkness, I think...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    I would say that the 4th Gym leader (can't remember her name) is the hardest. Her torkoal always paralyzes me with body slam and attract.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    None of the gyms are hard. only flannery's gym is 0.01% hard. I only raise my sceptile until I get a rayquaza. I defeat all of 'em with sceptile. When you get leaf blade, gyms are defeated with one attacks, I've never had any difficulties with gyms.
    Juan's gym is the most fun. Norman's is the easiest, Just use Leaf blade on all Pokemon, You can defeat them without even a scratch.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    In Sapphire, mine was probably Fortree's gym. The puzzles really annoyed me, but were fun - I hate how they're easier in Emerald. And Altaria was incredibly difficult to beat. Dragon type (loads of resistances) + Earthquake (loads of things weak to it) = pain.

That was in the days when I was a noob. Good old days.

I miss those good old noobie days... *sighs*

Anyway, I agree, Fortree Gym's Altaria was an absolute pain! I mainly relied on my Blaziken, and all my other Pokemon couldn't really stand up to Earthquake or they were terrible agaist the Dragon-type. And to a lesser extent, Swellow with Aerial Ace crippled my Blaziken. Sheesh...no love for a fellow bird!

Brawly was also difficult, if he Bulk Up-spammed and followed with a Fighting move, that was really hard to recover from. Especially when his darn Makuhita did that! Peck, Focus Energy, and Double Kick were lifesavers, but it was hard not having STAB for Peck...

Wallace should have been hard for me, but oddly enough, I won with ease when I had Sapphire, despite using Kyogre against Water-types and having Blaziken as my starter...

Flannery was difficult with her Attract+Sunny Day+Overheat combo, and her occasional Rock Throw was annoying.

Everyone else was pretty easy...I loved defeating Norman with Fighting moves. But when I played through with Mudkip or Treecko, I could never get past him! But I think I was really lazy when training those starters, unlike Blaziken.. :D

So IMO, Brawly, Flannery, Norman (w/out Torchic), and Winona were the most difficult Gym Leaders to beat.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I Wallace's gym. Stupid freakin' floor puzzles! Damn good Pokemon too. I hate every part of Wallace's gym. Oh and the Trainers underneath were some of the reason I kept Blacking out! >=(. And Whatley. Stupid Magneton kept Blacking me out. Then if I did beat me Magnemite took me on. Aggh! Soooooo annoying!

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    I thought Norman was the easiest, but thats because i had a level 40ish Breloom with Sky Uppercut and Mach Punch. Winona is the hardest for me, she KOs all my pokemon with Aerial Ace.

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    The hardest Gym for me was Wattson. I was fine until his Manetric. My Groyvle would always get murdered along with my other two Pokemon I had at the time. I had like 10 pokedollars when I finally won. Of course, the next time I played through the game, I got my revenge with my lvl 25 (I think) Marshstomp.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Norman is the reason I became a big Breloom fan! I had trouble with freaking Slaking like many of you, and when I found out what Breloom could do it was love at first sight lol. Keep in mind, I don't use any healing items during battle :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2008
    Brawly and Norman. It took like 10 tries to beat Brawly and Norman's Slaking killed every one of my pokemon in 2 hits.

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    I would have to say Norman. I tried 5 times and the time I was finally able to beat him was when i got some lucky critical hits.

On that point, I had Combusken, Beautifly, Skitty, and Roselia.
    I was so happy with those critical hits!
    After beating the Elite Four I'm going to enter my PKMN in contests! (sorry it was a little off topic)

Years
    Brawly. I refuse to use Tailow (sp) god flabbit.
    Also, if a Makuhita is paralyzed, is it rational for it to go 12 turns without being stopping one bit?

J-mo

Qaulity, not qauntity*
    Years
    Liza&Tate in PKMN Emerald, hands down! Physics kept destroying my Swampert before I could get any 'Surfs' in at all, had to revive the big guy at least 8/9 times...frustating or wat lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Liza&Tate in PKMN Emerald, hands down! Physics kept destroying my Swampert before I could get any 'Surfs' in at all, had to revive the big guy at least 8/9 times...frustating or wat lol
    Liz and Tate was actually really easy for me. I just used Pokemon like Pikachu who isn't super effective against psychs but isn't vulnerable either

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    For the twins i just caught a poochyena and leveled to lvl 50 then it was easy with crunch and shadow ball. Psychic killed all the other pokemon until only mightyena was left. I was on emerald, so Juan was a problem with his pokemon and ice attacks.

Years
    Hmmm depending on the team i have i guess the hardest gym would depend but my all time most hated is probably Brawly he was just hard in emerald partly because i was doing a scramble challenge and only had a aron and grovyle at the time but still most hated

Back