• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most important aspect of a game?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    It just needs to hold my interest. If the gameplay provides something new and interesting then I will play it regardless of story or any other aspect, it doesn't have to deep and thought-provoking to be fun. But for a game to be God-tier, it needs to have a good plot as well though. If it has a great plot as well as great gameplay that will make me remember the game years afterwards then that's the best thing it can do. Like a film, if a game wants to be considered an all-time great in my eyes, it has to be appealing in nearly all areas.

Graphics are what I care about the least. Again, like a movie, I'd much rather watch an old black and white classic with no visual effects at all than a visual wankfest with an awful plot (such as Avatar!) It's the same with games; most of my favourite games are actually from the 90s or early 00s, so the graphics aren't as good, but it doesn't make them any less fun.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • A lot of things need to come together to make a great game, but the most important thing is the gameplay. If you have a game with an epic story, beautiful graphics, and broken gameplay, then it's not worth playing. And I'm not saying that the gameplay has to be "zomg new and innovative!!!", it just has to be done well. Lost Odyssey is an example of what I'd consider a great game...it has a great story, memorable characters, pretty graphics, and solid gameplay - even though the gameplay is just a variation of the standard turn-based RPG that's been used for eons, it's solid and changes things up enough as to not get old and mundane throughout the game.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • GAME MECHANICS: AKA GAMEPLAY
    Amazing plot isn't going to save this. If the game mechanics are good and fun then you will have a great time playing this game, and if not, you have a loser on your hands.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • To me, the single most important things that define whether or not a game can be good or bad are the basic Gameplay and generally how polished and well put together the final product is. That means that it has to not be riddled with any game breaking glitches and be it has something that I can enjoy just by playing it if you catch my drift. Good storylines and eyecandy graphics may be a nice touch, but they are really just background elements to me.

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
    Years
  • I like games that feels and sounds right. Where you don't have to remember a million combinations for absolutely no reason (unless it's SC, DBZ, or MK) and the music is pretty awesome.
    Also, games that suck me in are really good too. Like Kingdom Hearts, where the storyline and gameplay made me want to play it multiple times.

Back