• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Important Hack Feature?

Years
  • Pretty much what the title states, what do you personally believe is the most important feature in a hack, or in any Pokemon game in general? Game play? Graphics? Story Plot? maybe something else? let us all know here!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I don't know, everything you listed is crucial, but whatever it is, it has to be original, make sure no-one has done it before, that would be best in a hack.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'd say it is game play most of all. Who cares about graphics? If the game play is good, that shouldn't matter anyway. (Although graphics and the rest are nice...)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Being a game that's actually fun to play.

This is a funny thing because it really combines most elements of the game - presentation, story, general level of polish although most important, well designed battles that don't pit the player against Pokémon too weak or too strong.

Years
  • I wouldn't say graphics would be that important because unless you're using all customized sprites,tiles,etc then it's something we've all seen before. Story and a decent difficulty curve. I love it when I can get into several difficult battles that aren't deemed impossible because I don't have to go and grind in the wild for half an hour

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
    Years
  • The most important hack feature. hmmm.... either storyline or scripting. without them you can't a hack.

Years
  • To add on to the others, I think overall buginess at the first beta should be at least 50/50 (some 2 game breaking glitches is all I expect, but if you're a beginner hacker like me, I would expect a lot more glitches).

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • If it catches my attention, and the storyline makes me think and remember, then it's good (enough) for me.

Example: Pokémon Explorers of Sky. It sucked, but the story made me think about it, and so it's a good game anyways. (You got me there, Chun Soft)

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    If it's a pokemon hack we're talking about, I'm not a fan of deep and mushy storylines involving pokemon, instead efficient gameplay matters a lot more. However, 'gameplay' is quite general a definition for me. It has to do with how the hack is carried out in its whole, without focusing on a single aspect of the gameplay. For example, pokemon hacks that focus solely on a good base plot and have great scripts to show it on, then wither out on the way as the battling is set aside, aren't so good. (always imo)

Eye candy can come later, or last, for all I care.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Storyline is most important, I'd say. You can have a good hack even without changing maps at all, you can even have a hack set in Kanto (if you're hacking FR/LG) or Hoenn (if you're hacking R/S/E) and just have a completely different storyline.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    Flawless grammar and awesome scripting are what make a hack good, in my opinion. I just wish I knew how to script...

Back