• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Overrated Type

Most Overrated Type?

• Bug

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Dark

• Dragon

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Electric

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Fighting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Flying

• Ghost

• Grass

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Ground

• Ice

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Normal

• Poison

• Psychic

• Rock

• Steel

• Water

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ice Queen

I Love May
Years
  • There is the most Overrated Pokemon but what is the most overrated type.

I think Dragons and Fire Dragons because of there strength and Fire type because of Charizard and Typhlosion.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    For me......none.

Dragon and Fire-types are rated highly for a good reason....they're good. Steel's another example of a highly-rated pokémon type, because it's the sole resist to Dragon!

Sure, a lot of pokémon get overused, which can be annoying, as you feel like a cliché when you use your favourite pokémon, but I would say all the types have their advantages...

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Dragon and Fire-types are rated highly for a good reason....they're good.

Dragon I agree with. Fire's... really not that great. It boasts only a few relatively minor advantages that don't quite make up for its weaknesses. Almost every Pokemon and its mom can learn Earthquake, which cripples most Fire Types on the spot. The fact that most Fire Types have limited movepools and average stats doesn't do much to help. Don't get me wrong; it's not a bad Type. It's just not nearly as amazing as people make it out to be. I'd prolly consider it to be the "most overrated Type".

GOG TOXIC

Competetive n00b
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    Can't really think of an overrated type. I thing bugs are underrated.
    If I had to pick one I would say ice

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • Remember that Overrated =/= Over used. Personally, I can't think of a type that is overrated, since they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Going even further, there's types that are great to have as attacks, but not always great to have as Pokemon (Ice, Bug, Fire) and vice-versa (Steel, Dragon).

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    For me it's dark and dragon, I however like dragon types. People just like dragon types cause, well their dragons...

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I'd say that the Dragon-type are overrating. They're not that hard to defeat, but everyone just wants at least one in their team. Maybe it's because of their design and base stats....

Fire-type isn't really overrated. It has as many weakness as the next type. People in general just prefer to use them.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Dragon and Fire-types are rated highly for a good reason....they're good. Steel's another example of a highly-rated pokémon type, because it's the sole resist to Dragon!

Sure, a lot of pokémon get overused, which can be annoying, as you feel like a cliché when you use your favourite pokémon, but I would say all the types have their advantages...

Yup. Pretty much what I was going to say. :)

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Isn't it obvious?

Most Overrated Type

Honestly, the only fire type that I have and train is Magcargo.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Dragon type's are highly overated IMO. Whats so good about em'

Dark & Ice types come in at a close second though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    I don't mean to be a conformist here ore anything, but IMHO Dragon-types are definitely overrated, as well as Ghost types. (Although Ghost type pokemon and moves have improved significantly from the first 1st generation)

Now if we're going to talk about the most UNDERrated pokemon types, I will instantly say Fighting and Gound types are the most underrated types :-P

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I believe to this day that dragon-type pokemon only exist as fanservice to newbs that buy into the in-game hype of them being extremely rare and powerful.

lolicebeam. >:D

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    Well, the Elite 4 leader, Lance IS a dragon-type user.

And you raise a good point there. Timb, Noobs that pick up this game will see "dragon" and instantly assume that dragon types are "pokegods" but they're in for a reality check once their Dragonites are downed by a good ice beam or blizzard movie...or when they find out they have difficulties beating steel pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm going to have to agree on Dragon types, even though I like them because a lot of people wished for that type to be combined with types like Dark, Ice or Fire (and those happened with B/W's release). I also think Water is overrated, even though I like it because there are too many of them.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Dragon types by far, they me be powerful and "legendary" but honestly, if you have a strong ice type pokemon they'll be on a one way trip to the Pokemoncenter. Although they can be useful, I findthat sometimes thier jsut to annoying to raise.

Necrø

Paramore <3
    Years
  • I think dragon types are overrated but for a reason they're totally awesome with high stats and awesome looks who could not love them :x

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I think due to the wide availability of pokémon over the internet, and cloning, part of the reason Dragon-types are awesome has been lost....to me, the amount of time it takes to raise my Dratini / Bagon / Gible after having already got most of the badges (8 for the Gen I/II and Gen III dragon, 6 for Gible in D/P) is part of the reason they're so cool.....now everybody has a Garchomp and a Salamence it kinda ruins them....

Back