• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most Underrated Pokèmon?

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    People usually say 3rd gen was the underrated gen and how there was only a small majority of Pokèmon used in any play through. In your opinion which Pokèmon is the most underrated of the bunch?

:3 thanks for all the posts on my threads! <3

Discuss! :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Wobbuffet. It could take tons of damage and deal twice as much. It was pretty much sure to take out 2 to 3 opponents that were the same or higher level

Sirfetch’d

Castform! I know that my love for this guy blinds me from the fact that he is very weak, but in-game he is decent with his excellent movepool which has moves like: Ice Beam, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Flamethrower, Fire Blast etc. Gives him great coverage!

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    Pelipper! Great for ingame purposes, and it can be your Surfer and Flyer. Its coverage is surprisingly good especially when you give it Shock Wave.

Years
  • I think Shiftry is underrated. With Sun up he can become a devastating Pokemon.

Clamperl evolution line is also quite fascinating IMO, Huntail looks cool and Gorebyss looks beautiful, especially with that Shell Smash it received in Gen V.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Sharpedo.

Those teeth + 120 Attack + Speed Boost = Pwnage.

Also, it's pretty good in-game since it can make nice use of Surf, and it can attack from both sides (unlike Milotic, for example). Yes, I know it has downright terrible defenses, but it's supposed to be a glass cannon, so yeah.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
  • Altaria, hands down. When I say 3rd gen dragon, people automatically think Salamance, Flygon, or Rayquaza. (no disrespect to those three, they're still awesome). I say Altaria and they go "What, that dumb cloud thing?" I love Altaria's design and it's really fun to use in battle. It also evolves early, unlike other dragons. It's not hard to train and I don't have to wait forever to teach it fly! (Dragonite, for example, has this problem).

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • Nosepass? Well, I guess if I remembered it it doesn't count. What's that eel with the seashells name again? That thing. I can't say why, I don't do much battling, but I'm willing to bet you whatever's in my pocket that it's underrated.

swift13

taylur swift
    Years
  • Nosepass? Well, I guess if I remembered it it doesn't count. What's that eel with the seashells name again? That thing. I can't say why, I don't do much battling, but I'm willing to bet you whatever's in my pocket that it's underrated.

eel with seashells lol it's gorebyss (aka prettiest pokemon ever)

on the other hand it's other evolution, huntail, is SO ugly and so crap i mean it has gr8 attack & defense but horrible speed. ;s but gen5 gave it shell smash so idk i still never used it

Back