• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Useless pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Im talkin about pokes that idiots u hav faced hav used. mine's gotta be raticate without any of the elemental fang moves, i was tempted to let it exhaust its hp against my metagros lol

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Im talkin about pokes that idiots u hav faced hav used. mine's gotta be raticate without any of the elemental fang moves, i was tempted to let it exhaust its hp against my metagros lol

Raticate can pwn you :o (its the truth... ever heard of FEAR? :D)

Most useless.... would be Magicrap Magikarp

This goes in Pokemon General, and there's already a thread for this isnt there?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Raticate can pwn you :o (its the truth... ever heard of FEAR? :D)

Most useless.... would be Magicrap Magikarp

This goes in Pokemon General, and there's already a thread for this isnt there?

Yeah that or DunDiscrace Dunsparce, i really dont get it lol

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2008
    Well, Magikarp is THE useless Pokemon by definition. Even the game also tells us that people (in the game) wonder how this Pokemon could become so... weak.

But, actually, there are quite a lot of weak, if not useless, Pokemons in the game.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Yeah that or DunDiscrace Dunsparce, i really dont get it lol

About Raticate? O then... Ill explain :

Level 20 Raticate VS Level 100 Heracross(EXAMPLE)
    Heracross uses Close Combat
    Raticate survives with Focus Sash
    Raticate uses Endeavor
    Heracross is left with 1 HP
    Raticate uses Quick Attack
    Heracross got p*nt

You see? Cheap tactics :\

Dunsparce has Serene Grace... I know crazy

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Sorry i didnt make it clear, wots the most usless pokemon a real person has seriously used against u, as in over wifi? and wot is FEAR?

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years

Actuallly... there's something called "Rattata of Death", and can massacre a team with the element of surprise on its hands. The following set is actually my own, and is a variation of the normal Endure/Reversal set.

Raticats @ Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    - Swords Dance
    - Reversal
    - Quick Attack
    - Sucker Punch

Okay... here's what you do.

Use this beast as a lead (or not, if you want to scout for Sandstream), and (be absolutely CERTAIN that the foe will try to OHKO you) use Swords Dance. It will stay alive with 1HP, allowing you to try to sweep with Reversal, and Quick Attack for a quick KO. Sucker Punch is for pesky Ghost types that switches in to rain on your parade.

With 97 base Speed, it can outrun a number of maxed Speed Pokemon (mostly in the UU metagame), since he has one of the higher base Speeds of UU Pokemon. It's a huge novelty, but can work if you use it right. And like any Endure/Reversal set, you've got to watch out for Sandstorm.

After a Swords Dance, Raticate's Attack stat reaches roughly 522, and with the low HP boost, Reversal's talking about some serious damage. Something like Skarmory would wall him to no degree, but UU Raticate has no right playing in the same ballpark as OU Skarmory and company.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    ah i get it now Name, either way this kid was usin bite quick attack and hyper/super fang (Didnt get to see last move lol)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    About Raticate? O then... Ill explain :

Level 20 Raticate VS Level 100 Heracross(EXAMPLE)
    Heracross uses Close Combat
    Raticate survives with Focus Sash
    Raticate uses Endeavor
    Heracross is left with 1 HP
    Raticate uses Quick Attack
    Heracross got p*nt

You see? Cheap tactics :\

Dunsparce has Serene Grace... I know crazy

No i understand perfectly about F.E.A.R / Raticate

Its Dunsparce i dont get lol, the fact that it doesnt even represent a snake, has Serence Grace and the fact that it needed an Evo REALLY badly

@Magikarp haters, have you seen what Magikarp evolves into, not quite as Useless then is it Eh ?

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Dunsparce was incredibly an annoying Pokemon to battle in the N64 Stadium 2 game. It uses Toxic then Protect... Protect could go forever in that Gen.. XD

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    No i understand perfectly about F.E.A.R / Raticate

Its Dunsparce i dont get lol, the fact that it doesnt even represent a snake, has Serence Grace and the fact that it needed an Evo REALLY badly

@Magikarp haters, have you seen what Magikarp evolves into, not quite as Useless then is it Eh ?

i know I heard they might make a dragon normal evol for it if they do a 5th gen, but its generaly worthless, magikarb seems pointless, but is a beast when it evolves

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    This is soon to be moved to poke general, but I'm not here to complain.

Now, we can't call Magikarp useless. That sounds dumb. He's unevoled, so he doesn't count. You can't count unevolved. Alakazam is extremely powerful, but would you use Abra? Garchomp is a monster, but why whould you even mention Gible?

Dunsparce, damn, I forgot about him completley.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    What did I just say? Stop saying unevoled pokes. Why the hell would you even consider using Metapod when we have Butterfree? All unevoled except Pikachu w/Light Ball are useless.

So apparently you have never heard of CB Trapinch (100 Base Atk, STAB Earthquake and Arena Trap) or Deepseatooth Clamperl (Formely highest attainable SAtk it the game)? They're more NU type stuff, but they do pack quite a punch. Magnemite has also been proven capable of performing all of Magneton's tasks back in the advance format. Also, FEAR works better on Phanphy:

Phanphy @ Focus Sash (Level 1)
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    Ice Shard
    Endeavor

It's sandstorm immune and can hit ghosts with its finishing move. Stealth Rock and Spikes still screw it over, though.

But you know...the most useless thing I can think of has got to be this topic. Same old species biggotry introduced by someone with grade-school grammar. Big whop. -.-

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    True enough. But the thing is, would you consider putting unevoled on a most useless list? Honestly. Come on now. Other than a choice few, unevolved are just miniature version of their evolved counterparts. I'm sure you got my point when you quoted me. He said Metapod was useless. Why say that? Its soul purpose is to evolve. I wasn't saying unevoled were necessarily useless, but still, why bother putting them on a most useless list?

Insulting the thread maker wasn't needed. If you feel the topic useless, why post in it? Species bigotry? Come on now. Their virtual sprites. Some are great, some are useless. This is only in the wrong forum.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Alter Ego if this thread is so useless why contribute? oh and my grammar is fine accordin to my GCSE English result of an A. If ur american, thats the highest grade you can get. I talk like this cuz its quicker

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Alter Ego if this thread is so useless why contribute? oh and my grammar is fine accordin to my GCSE English result of an A. If ur american, thats the highest grade you can get. I talk like this cuz its quicker

... Why do you NEED to post quicker? :P This is a forum, not IM ?_?

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Magikarp @ Salac Berry
    Jolly Nature
    EV: 252 HP / 252 Spd
    Tackle
    Flail

It can do something .D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.