• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most useless/unnessesary Pokemon?

LugiaFreak

Years
  • Bidoof = Slave

I believe that Bidoof was created soley to annoy the crap out of Pokemon trainers.

EDIT: Although, it does make a good HM slave. Enslaving Bidoof and making it do your bidding is always entertaining. ^_^

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • and its so useful, nobody remembered it here.

I remembered it, but I never mentioned it cuz I <3 it^^.

xD, you're right, it is useful!

Bidoof/Bibarel. I don't care how much you say its ability Simple is good. I hate dislike it (gets in the way when Speed EVing).

Last edited:

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • Bibarel's Unaware ability is great; noone seems to take it into account; No stats can be boosted or lowered? **** yeah!

Also, an unneccesary pokemon *in my opinion* would be.....Luvdisc. It's ugly, and no point in existing.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I'd argue no Pokemon is useless. If you enjoy training with it or capturing it or..whatever, it's all up to what you make of the creature :D

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • Personally I don't thinks any Pokemon are worthless, they are probably there for a reason and just because they don't seem strong doesn't mean they aren't. All Pokemon are different in their own way and you've just got to be patient with them before they pay off.

Take Magikarp as an example, It's probably worthless and all it can do is splash and flop around, but once it evolves into Gyarados then it has endless possibilities and It's a great asset to any team (not to mention a scary face ;).)

So yeah, for me all Pokemon are probably worth something and all of them, if used right, are not totally useless/unnessary Pokemon.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • Personally I don't thinks any Pokemon are worthless, they are probably there for a reason and just because they don't seem strong doesn't mean they aren't. All Pokemon are different in their own way and you've just got to be patient with them before they pay off.

Take Magikarp as an example, It's probably worthless and all it can do is splash and flop around, but once it evolves into Gyarados then it has endless possibilities and It's a great asset to any team (not to mention a scary face ;).)

So yeah, for me all Pokemon are probably worth something and all of them, if used right, are not totally useless/unnessary Pokemon.

I agree very much. :cer_nod:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Two words with one "&": Bidoof & Bibarel. They are lousy Rattata/Raticate or Zigzagoon/Linoone (these guys were OK) wannabes, and although Bibarel makes a GREAT HM slave, they're pretty much worthless.

I also think it was pointless making Rhyperior, Electivire, and Magmortar. Those things are FUGLY compared to their second stage forms >.> They may be powerful, but they really shouldn't be existing...

Years
  • I really think Kangaskhan is unnecessary. I havent seen anyone use it since R/B/Y and its not even all that great. I can agree with Dunsparce and there is this one I cant remember its name but its a plant type. Cherrim maybe? Yeah thats a pretty unnecessary pokemon.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Two words with one "&": Bidoof & Bibarel. They are lousy Rattata/Raticate or Zigzagoon/Linoone (these guys were OK) wannabes, and although Bibarel makes a GREAT HM slave, they're pretty much worthless.

I also think it was pointless making Rhyperior, Electivire, and Magmortar. Those things are FUGLY compared to their second stage forms >.> They may be powerful, but they really shouldn't be existing...

Bibarel is actually pretty good, and is way better than Raticate and Linoone.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Dunsparce isn't Useless. It gives me great Lols with Serene Grace.
    Nothing feels greater like slowly working your oppenent down, watching them flinch at your every move..
    Infact, No Pokémon is Useless - each one can be used in it's own way.
    Even Magikarp.

JessieB

Pixel Princess
    Years
  • Baby pokemon, for sure. And Magikarp and Feebas, until they evolve, of course :)

But seriously, baby pokemon drive me up the wall. They're cute, but until they evolve, they're just annoying.

Vyren

Evolutionary Failure.
    Years
  • For some reason I think Venomoth, I guess it can be strong, I just can't ever remember it.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Most usless pokemon ever is.........

Magikarp

Unless you have tons of Rare Candies on you, you're screwed, most of the time

Farasha

The Eevee Lady
    Years
  • I'll agree with whoever said Dunsparce. I caught one pretty early in my Silver version and then was incredibly disappointed when it turned out it was a horrible Pokemon. I even trained it up and everything.

Back