• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Move Combinations

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I detect a Zekrom/Reshiram combo in the works. Funzies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    No. (People really need to start reading.)

Only certain moves are able to be combined. The only three we know of are Oath of Fire, Oath of Water, and Oath of Grass.

Also, to the people who posted Gust/Thunderbolt and Gust/Flamethrower...no. Just no.

That would ruin the entire point of Gust/Hail. Gust + weather condition = attack.
    Actually the Oaths are the only moves we know so far that can mix I wonder if old moves will mix too or only new moves...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013

Actually the Oaths are the only moves we know so far that can mix I wonder if old moves will mix too or only new moves...

I could see them adding combos to old moves. It just seems likely.

Am I the only one who imagined combo attacks during double battles?

Enemy Plusle fainted!
    *Kadabra-Psychic/Charmeleon-Flamethrower*
    Charmeleon used Flamethrower!
    Enemy Minun fainted!

B-but... Kadabra was supposed to redirect the flames into an intimidating shape with psychic and cook Minun to a crisp... That woulda been so epic...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    That's what I said..

I doubt strong moves, like Thunder will be able to combine with other strong moves to create super-powered moves.
    I just summarized your words for others to understand :)
    Maybe not super powerful moves but it could cause sort of shock to all opponent pokemon causing 100 % paralyze...when mixed with Hydro pump, like when you throw water at the pokemon and the thunder will be attracted to the pokemon and paralyze them...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Perhaps we can produce fog as a weather condition now? Promising, if they add an extra effect or two. Adds power to electric, or something?

Gear Saucer could possibly be stacked... Gear Saucer+Gear Saucer= Gear Saucer+ or something to that effect.

Using it for guaranteed status effects could be good. This could help expand the double battle scene, as far as tournaments go.

Last edited:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Perhaps we can produce fog as a weather condition now? Promising, if they add an extra effect or two. Adds power to electric, or something?

Gear Saucer could possibly be stacked... Gear Saucer+Gear Saucer= Gear Saucer+ or something to that effect.

Using it for guaranteed status effects could be good. This could help expand the double battle scene, as far as tournaments go.

Fog lowers accuracy its broken enough without adding power to certain types :P

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    One of the best new features! I just hope there are more move combos then just effect combos. Also, we need a lot more double/triple battles to make it useful enough. Ha, having the starters together to perform Triple Finish from SSBB (Hydro Canon, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That's what I said..

I doubt strong moves, like Thunder will be able to combine with other strong moves to create super-powered moves.

We don't even know the base power of the oath attacks yet, so ruling attacks based on how strong they are isn't a very good idea until more info is released.

As for this system....OMGWTFBBQ! I'm happy in my pants! I've been wanting this forever! OMGOMGOMGOMG! *faints*

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Fog lowers accuracy its broken enough without adding power to certain types :P
    Point taken. lol.
    But if it's gonna be used competitively, where Random Number Generator doesn't hate your guts, imo it should have a bit more exploitable strategy to it.

Years
    I think it'd be interesting. I've actually been curious as to what may happen if one were to combine something like Giga Impact with a punch move.

Plus, imagine the legendary combos >:D

Darksun

triple rainbow, yo
    Years
    Woah, this is nice. I'm looking forward to see how the (hopefully double) rainbow animation is. : D

We got A LOT of new features this gen, that's for sure. Tripple battles, rotation battles, dream world, move combinations, miracle shooter, seasons, high link, musicals, c-gear, just to name a few.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    This combination feature seems like it has potential... What bugs me is how the moves have to be performed in order, but I guess that factors into balance, in order to compensate for the resultant effects...

I hope combo moves can get some cooler names, at least. "Oath of ____" sounds cool for one of them, but applying the name to all 3 of these moves seems like a lack of creativity...

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Maybe a new combonation for triple battles?

You will have PokeOne, PokeTwo, and PokeThree, with PokeTwo at a low level.

PokeOne attacks PokeTwo with a move that will OHKO it.
    PokeTwo faints.
    PokeThree attacks the foe with Vengeance (which now has a boosted power).

Back