• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves Pokemon can learn, but shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    I still love the idea of hopping on my pokewalker pikachu's shoulders and having him fly me places. I like to think he shoots a giant lightning bolt out of his tail for propulsion.

Explaination: Basically, in one manga, there was a pikachu that would fly by using balloons tied to its back. The game's reference to the pikachu with balloons is done by teaching a pikachu the attack fly. The same with the surfing pikachu. The surfing pikachu is a reference to both the anime and manga about the time there was a pikachu that knew how to surf on a surfboard.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    LOL. this thread is hilarious xD

my friend was wondering how wooper could learn ice punch xD
    and i guess same with other pokes with no arms learning punches/moves requiring hands o:

and dugtrio can learn ariel ace... like really? really?
    and sure, a mew can fly, but i'm not trusting it to carry my weight >.>

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2014
    Tyranitar can learn Surf, Dratini learns Thunder Wave and Jynx exists.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Hariyama, Rampardos and Rhydon learn Surf.
    I know it carries us over water, but in battle it actually summons ... um, water ?
    Seriously ? o_O

`Espeon

Is back! :D
    Years
    I have no idea how the heck Tauros can learn Surf.

Same with Surfing Pikachu. I cam imagine Pikachu some how summoning a giant wave and surfing it with a surfboard + surfing over the Pokemon, but carrying a heavy trainer across water is kind of stupid. O.o

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    Ugly 3rd Evolutions using Attract. Nuff' said.

Edit: Venusaur using Rock Climb? wut o.o
    When I think of Rock Climb I think of a hicker, like Geodude. xD

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    If someone can explain how Carvanha, Sharpedo, Seviper, Sealeo and Walrein can Swagger, I'd much appreciate it. And they're just the ones that learn it by level up, not by the unnatural means of TM87.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back