• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves Pokemon can learn, but shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyoi

Onion Kid
Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2018
    Inspired by Dracoslythe's thread 'Moves Pokemon should have, but don't?'

Which Pokemon can learn moves they really shouldn't be able to learn?
    I really think doduo and dodrio shouldn't be able to learn fly. I mean, it's nice they can learn it but they don't even have wings or anything. Just how do they fly?

And also, zubat has no eyes so it shouldn't learn Mean Look. D:

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • I really think doduo and dodrio shouldn't be able to learn fly. I mean, it's nice they can learn it but they don't even have wings or anything. Just how do they fly?
    i hate this. y can a pokemon with no wings fly yet somehow bug flying pokemon cant? i rly cant see doduo flying around towns, its weird...

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i hate this. y can a pokemon with no wings fly yet somehow bug flying pokemon cant? i rly cant see doduo flying around towns, its weird...

i completely agree

i also dont get why the first evolution of bird pokemon can learn fly when their clearly too small to fly us anywhere its cruel :(

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013

In japan the attack fly can be translated as fly or literally "big jump" which is what dodou and dodrio are good at.

Also, Entei should not be able to learn iron tail

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013

In japan the attack fly can be translated as fly or literally "big jump" which is what dodou and dodrio are good at.

That's one heck of a jump, boy. Cianwood to the League in a single bound!

Gastly's elemental punches always bugged me, but I think of excuses for it. whole-body attack, or just phantom hands.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Tauros - Surf (Funny as heck though xD)
    Piplup - Surf

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    Oh that made my day, lol! Well since I'm here...

Flareon ~ Lava Plume

Kudos to Game Freak for trolling us... :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Diglett/Dugtrio with Slash. How does it do Slash without any claws?
    Sandshrew with Poison Sting. Where does the poison come from, and what exactly does it "sting" with?

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    I still love the idea of hopping on my pokewalker pikachu's shoulders and having him fly me places. I like to think he shoots a giant lightning bolt out of his tail for propulsion.

PIKA-PIK!! -zoooooooooooooooooooom-

The Red Chain

Sandshrew with Poison Sting. Where does the poison come from, and what exactly does it "sting" with?
    For Sandslash in the anime it jumps in the air and spins around.
    The needles come shooting out from it's spikes.

I haven't seen Sandshrew use Poison Sting in the anime, but I assume it either comes from it's mouth or it uses it's claws for the "sting".

As for the poison's whereabouts on both of them.. I have no idea. :pink_confused:​

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Snorlax, Wailord, Lickitung and a handful of other pokemon learn Self Destruct/Explosion. o _o

Not picking up that mess.

Logically the only ones that should learn it are Steel-Types/Voltorb line.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • Inspired by Dracoslythe's thread 'Moves Pokemon should have, but don't?'

Which Pokemon can learn moves they really shouldn't be able to learn?
    I really think doduo and dodrio shouldn't be able to learn fly. I mean, it's nice they can learn it but they don't even have wings or anything. Just how do they fly?

And also, zubat has no eyes so it shouldn't learn Mean Look. D:

I think Zubat does have eyes but is unable/won't open them.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • Theres too much for me to write down and also what moves some pokemons should be able to learn but I'll pass. Haha.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Tauros being able to surf is probably inspired on wildebeest and buffaloes crossing rivers.

as for wailord and explosion.... couldn't agree more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back