• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves Pokemon can learn,but shouldn't

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Elgyem and beeheeyem make sense because it's TM51 and they're from Area 51 (aliens).
Okay, I've been willing to say this ever sinc I stumbled onto this thread: you deserve props for actually trying to figure out a reason why those guys can learn Steel wing. (since the main reason why that is the case is because TM51 used to be something they could learn but when it was changed to SW the creators overlooked that one of the lines could still learn it)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I'm still going to say that Pidgey learning fly doesn't make sense because of the fact that it's a small bird that will get crushed by the weight of a human.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
I'm still going to say that Pidgey learning fly doesn't make sense because of the fact that it's a small bird that will get crushed by the weight of a human.
Pidgey being able to learn Fly does make sense because it can fly. Here we're only going to take into account the names, descriptions, and in-battle effects of the moves, not the out-of-battle effects, which don't even exist anymore.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
Mew can learn Nasty Plot. and it's not even a TM, HM, or tutor move. and Nasty Plot's Japanese name is Sinister Plot. Mew wouldn't be thinking up a sinister plot.

Back