• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves that annoy you

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Any moves that messes with your accuracy. Thunder Wave, Spore...Espeically on a Whimscott. Those things are fast. :'(

And lastly...Attract. I hate getting attract. A 50% chance of attacking?

...Most of the time, immobilized by love?

...Oh, no, bro. D':

It's not fast, it just has Prankster, which gives Priority to Status moves

anything that raises the opponents evasiveness, lowers my accuracy or confuses me really tick me off

Cynthia's Spiritomb in B/W really made me rage

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
    Years
    It's not fast, it just has Prankster, which gives Priority to Status moves

anything that raises the opponents evasiveness, lowers my accuracy or confuses me really tick me off

Cynthia's Spiritomb in B/W really made me rage
    Umm...Whimsicott base speed is high...Well, higher than most Pokemon anyways. And yeah, I'm well aware of what Prankster does...That makes status moves just as annoying.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Encore is 100% my most hated move ever.

It's made me lose too many games I would've won. =|

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Well I have a particular loathing for any status inducing move being used against me but...

For whatever reason Attract makes me irrationally angry. Every time it's used against me I just sit there there muttering at the screen something silly about the merits of attacking your loved ones or something equally as ridiculous while not being able to land a single hit.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I hate protect more than anything its one of those moves that just pisses me off

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I hate Swagger and Flatter. Swagger is a lame name and I hate what they do. Absolutely pointless.

I also hate String Shot. Early game annoyance.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    ARGH DOUBLE TEAM / MINIMIZE......

Once I was battling a clefable, and it started stalling me to oblivion by minimizing. Then it started using pound, pound, pound, and before I knew it, my whole entire team was completely swept by one. freaking. Clefable.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
    OMG double team and minimise also attract argh so annoying escpesially when u battle Cynthia in undella bay in B/W she uses double team with spiritomb

AxeyWaxyWoo

Awesome Sauce Trainer
    Years
    For me, Confuse Ray is definitely there!
    It's like, you're casually walking around a cave and some stupid Zubat decides to confuse you, gaahh. Then you wanna get revenge, so you try to hit it with a really hard move then your Pokemon ends up whacking itself! Grrr. >.<

I do like confusing others though. ;) ...basically, only when it works in MY favour. Hah.

And I hate moves like protect! Like seriously! Why do they exist?! -.-'

...and poison...don't get me started on poison.

Dinosaurs Eat at White Castle

I like superheroes.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2012
    For me, it's all the flinching moves. Bite, Astonish, and mainly Air Slash. All I remember was Cyrus's Crobat spamming Air Slash on me. :'(

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    Attract, Take Down, and anything that caused my Pokémon to fall asleep, get confused, or switch out. The other status problems weren't much of an issue for me.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
    Double Team, Especially on an Emolga. They Spam that and they're impossible to hit after that.

Teleport, only because it's the only move Abra knows til it evolves. Need Exp. Share.
    Actually, You can teach Abra TMs, so technically, it's not the only move he can learn till evolution.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Quash. It's just a stupid name and it annoys me that they actually made a move with this name, or even a move that does what it does. What's the point?

What the...? This is a move? Oh gosh, I looked it up and it's even a TM. I mean, TM60 could have been something more useful, like Stealth Rock, even. :/ Only a few Pokemon could even learn this move so.. like... what is this..

I never saw the point of Struggle Bug. Who would use a weak bug type move when you could use something like Bug Buzz or Megahorn?

Also I never like those Wide Guard and Quick Guard moves either. They didn't really... do much.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2020
    I hate every move that has even the slightest chance of making my Pokemon miss or not attack. It's just a gigantic waste of time. I mean come on Typhlosion, light stuff on fire already!

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I can deal with status inducing moves, what I can't deal with is powerful attacks, especially critical hits that come out from them, such as Dragon Rush, Earthquake and Dragon Pulse to name a few.

Back