• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves that annoy you

Years
  • The first thing that came to mind was Protect/Detect. They serve really no purpose other than delaying the battle by a turn (although I could see it being useful in combination with something like Toxic).

Also, anything that boosts evasion/lowers accuracy gets annoying, as it seems to work a lot better for CPU players than it does humans.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 19, 2015
    I'm kind of surprised that no body has said Nature Power yet. It's one of the many moves that makes the Seedot line almost impossible for me to use. Since most battles take place in grass, you'd think that it would turn into something useful, right? Right? But nooo, it turns into Stun Spore. I'm not sure if it's been changed since Gen III, but I kind of doubt it.

LapLace1500

I just ride....
    Years
  • All status inflicting moves. Specifically when someone uses Hypnosis and decides to go all "I'm gonna eat yo dreams!" on me. And I hate Double Team. Whenever someone uses that I don't really care, then they spam it continuously and you can't hit them once. I hate Thunder Wave on wi-fi battles. It's usually the first move they decide to use and it's annoying if their Pokemon is really fast ._.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • Also, and probably because I NEVER expect it to be in a competitive setting, Pursuit. I mean really, who does that?

I saw it coming because all people do is swap over and over and over. In-game, trainers NEVER switch unless they cannot deal any damage at all (Bidoof vs Haunter for example, and all it has is normal type moves) so it's pretty useless.

As for Protect, trainers use it to escape the inevitable death, but competitively it's used to stall out a status effect or scoping out moves, so I can understand it there.

I used to have all 4 attacking moves, but then I realized how open I left all of my Pokemon to just about anything. Now I always have at least 1 status effect / stat buff or debuff, with one or two moves. It makes the game so much easier, especially burning something physical or para-haxing something fast.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Double Team, Protect, Detect, Sand Attack. They're just cheap.

Status condition and confusion-inducing moves, especially the accurate ones like Spore, Confuse Ray, and Thunder Wave. I hate status conditions. It's so annoying having to put up with them, and then having to waste items getting rid of them after the fight.

Powerful, inaccurate moves. Because they never hit when I use them but always hit when an opponent does. Especially in the Battle Frontier.

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    I don't like any move that is +60% status-inducing and I think they should all be nerfed.

But aside from that? Well anything increasing/decreasing ACC/EVA I will find myself annoyed by and moves like Protect? Well you're only making me waste 1PP on you and delaying the inevitable.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Inaccurate moves (When the opponent gets them hitting perfectly everytime when you miss EVERYTIME)

-Fixed.

Para-hax are clearly the most annoying thing ever.

Especially when you're the one constantly locked down but the opponent isn't if he/she's paralyzed.

You use Sand Attack 6 times, they land a Blizzard.
    You get hit by Sand Attack once, you miss Tackle three times in a row.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Anyway, I can't think of any that's already been mentioned but....

Hurricane. I HATE that move. It seemed like when I was training to beat Alder every strong Swanna or Whimsicott I battled had Hurricane and would rape my Emboar with it, even if I was battling them with a different Pokemon, it would still do a lot of damage. To make things worse, it confused my Pokemon have the time.

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    Basically anything that stops you from attacking and your Pokemon's status like poisoned, paralysed, asleep, etc. Also one hit KOs!

Years
  • There are two moves that I really hate: Sand Attack, because even if I get it by it once, I manage to miss for the next seven turns. Protect, because it's just a waste of time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    Anything that induces sleep. Especially since when I use it I'm lucky if it lasts two turns, but when my pokemon is asleep it lasts indefinitely (thank God for Pokeflute).

Enemies that spam Harden or Defensive Curl, just because it takes forever to kill them.

And Electrode/Voltorb and it's Sonicboom, bypassing my Onix's defense and pwning a pokemon it shouldn't stand a chance against.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • 1) -Protect
    2) -Toxic
    3) -The combination of both 1 & 2
    4) -Thunder Wave
    5) -Minimize (with Chansey)

............Despicable moves :( (yet I am the one who uses them ....)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Confuse Ray, Attract, Dig, Fly, Protect, Detect, Endure, Reflect, Light Screen, Smokescreen, Double Team, Toxic, Dragon Dance, Thunderwave, Surf (gen 4-5).

Those are pretty much it. I hate using Surf in a double/triple battle due to it also damaging your own Pokemon, as well, now. :c
    Dragon Dance is just annoying when used against you, because they get faster. I hate things being faster than me. ;;
    I hate Fly and Dig when they're faster than me, because my move will miss if I go second. ;;

Years
  • Flash. Because, in the older games at least, you had to have it and it did nothing useful in battle. At least all the other HMs did some damage. :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Double Team and Spore. You can't hit them, or you can't move. Nothing feels worse than absolute helplessness in battle.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Swagger.

Especially when I'm using a Special Attacker such as KADABRA. Raise my attack, whoopdy freaking doo.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
    Years
  • Any moves that messes with your accuracy. Thunder Wave, Spore...Espeically on a Whimscott. Those things are fast. :'(

And lastly...Attract. I hate getting attract. A 50% chance of attacking?

...Most of the time, immobilized by love?

...Oh, no, bro. D':

Back