• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves that annoy you

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
Years
  • Sand attack really annoys the heck out of me. Any move that lowers my accuracy really ticks me off. >.< Especially in the first gen games, Pidgey is so annoying when it comes to abusing that move. >.> Other moves that annoy me are moves that continue into the next turn. The 2nd generation of games and beyond change how those moves are executed though thank god. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    As an avid Nuzlocker i'd have to say explosion/self destruct, especially when used by Voltorb and Electrode

Years
  • Double Team, I don't mind it once but after it's been done a gazillion times when you KNOW your pokémon is capable of taking it down in one hit is the most frustrating thing lol :P

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Splash, its just POINTLESS!! Explosion, selfdestruct, toxic, confuse ray, sleep powder, poison powder, spore, pretty much any status inflicter, and moves that destroy you.

Whispeon

Newfound Ghosttype Eeveelution
    Years
  • Many people seem to hate certain moves because they are used on them, but they don't use it correctly or at all.

I feel all moves have an awesome use (Splash is entertaining :P) even if some are... situational at best.

Despite this, my least favourite move is irritating if either I or the opponent uses it - Fake Out. It deals hardly any damage, and always makes the foe flinch.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • ^ I would be ticked if I used Explosion, or Self-Destruct when the foe used Detect or Protect. I also hate Thunderwave.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Accuracy changing moves are the child of Satan. When you need one more hit on the opponent but you keep missing and eventually they KO your pokemon then that makes me rage so bad. I don't really mind status inducing moves because I use them all the time so I can't get angry when someone uses them.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • Some of the most annoying moves for me were :

Protect/Detect - Especially when the opponent successfully uses it three times in a row! >:|.
    Confuse Ray,Swagger,Flatter - I swear the chances of hitting yourself are hacked ._..
    Double-Edge - Really nasty, if you get crtitical hitted.
    Bide - If its on its last bit of HP and then unleashes, your gone.
    Sand-Attack, Minimize,Double Team - Can never hit the opponent even if they only have one boost up.

Years
  • Some of the most annoying moves for me were :

Protect/Detect - Especially when the opponent successfully uses it three times in a row! >:|.
    Confuse Ray,Swagger,Flatter - I swear the chances of hitting yourself are hacked ._..
    Double-Edge - Really nasty, if you get crtitical hitted.
    Bide - If its on its last bit of HP and then unleashes, your gone.
    Sand-Attack, Minimize,Double Team - Can never hit the opponent even if they only have one boost up.

I totally agree with all of this.

With confusion, the chances of hitting yourself are total hax.

I always have bad luck against the high-level Audino because of Double-Edge, Attract on the lower level ones is just as annoying.

And yeah, when someone buffs their evasion expect your moves to almost always miss.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • Thunder Wave! I hate it with a passion, I hate it so much I took the delight of saying... "You like Thunder Waving me that much? Ok, how do you like it when I do it back to you!!??" Despite my hate for the move, a lot of my Pokemon know the move. I'd rather hit someone with the move than taking the hit.

Back