• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Thank you! xD What strategies should I utilize when battling with Mienshao?

EDIT: Oh also, what is a good substitute for Custap berries? I really need one but it's unobtainable. :(

No substitutes for Custap, I'm afraid.

Mienshao is best played as a wallbreaker/scout, but that's kind of hard to do with all the Fairies running around, so it's best to scout early game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    No substitutes for Custap, I'm afraid.

Mienshao is best played as a wallbreaker/scout, but that's kind of hard to do with all the Fairies running around, so it's best to scout early game.

Thanks again! xD You're really good at this!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    EDIT: I want to do this for the lulz with my friends so: should my forretress learn explosion or Shiftry? I want to give him a surprise so if my forretress were to learn explosion, it would be too slow. If I use Shiftry (this is more of an aesthetic preference) then my nickname given to the forretress (kamikaze) would not work xD

Neither, but if you really want to, teach Explosion to Forretress once it's done its job.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Would an all-physical attacks Mega Garchomp work? Particularly if it gets a Swords Dance and a Speed Boost from a Baton Passing Scolipede (and which Baton Pass Scolipede would be the best for the job)? This is my latest crazy idea to beat the Battle Maison.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Would an all-physical attacks Mega Garchomp work? Particularly if it gets a Swords Dance and a Speed Boost from a Baton Passing Scolipede (and which Baton Pass Scolipede would be the best for the job)? This is my latest crazy idea to beat the Battle Maison.

Even with Baton Pass support, Mega Garchomp still isn't worth using outside of Sand teams. Without Tyranitar or Hippowdon, Sand Force is useless.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Even with Baton Pass support, Mega Garchomp still isn't worth using outside of Sand teams. Without Tyranitar or Hippowdon, Sand Force is useless.

So much for that idea then. Better think of something else...

Rynengan

Ray
    Years
    Advice on a Pokemon: Tyranitar

Hello, I have an Adamant Tyranitar and it has 5IVs.

I just don't know what could be a good move set or good items for it.

The Tyranitar doesn't have any EVs yet, because i don't have a complete idea of what Moves or items could be the best for it. If someone can help me it would be appreciated.

BTW: My FC is :0860-3448-6747

PM Me if you added me to add you back, so we can battle or trade.
    :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What generation is it? Tyranitar actually has a load of options, and it's up to what your team already has. Your best bet would be checking out the following links if it's gen 5 (https://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/tyranitar or https://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/tyranitar/vgc2012), while if it's gen 6, then the mega stone for Tyranitar is best really. c: HOWEVER with that said, the Adamant nature does match the CB set best but it depends where you're going with it tbh.

If you're still unsure after looking through that then check out what's in your team and what roles aren't already covered by other mons, and Tyranitar would then fit into the role that isn't already covered~

Have fun with your 5IV ttar. :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Like Forver said, Tyranitar is a Pokemon with a lotta options, some that vary between gens. So it kinda depends on what you wanna do with it and what your team is. With an Adamant nature, some of the better options are: Choice Band Tyranitar, Dragon Dance Tyranitar, and Assault Vest Tyranitar. Making it into a Mega Tyranitar isn't a bad idea either, but Tyranitar is perfectly capable of handling the metagame without mega evolving, so keep that in mind if you wanna have something else as your mega.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Hello, I have an Adamant Tyranitar and it has 5IVs.

I just don't know what could be a good move set or good items for it.

The Tyranitar doesn't have any EVs yet, because i don't have a complete idea of what Moves or items could be the best for it. If someone can help me it would be appreciated.

BTW: My FC is :0860-3448-6747

PM Me if you added me to add you back, so we can battle or trade.
    :)

Tyranitar sets to expand:
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    -Pursuit
    -Stealth Rock/Fire Blast
    Nature: Careful/Sassy
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Assault Vest
    Ability: Sand Stream

or
    -Crunch
    -Pursuit
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake/Ice Punch
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe (Jolly) or 180 HP/252 Atk/76 Spe (Adamant)
    Item: Choice Scarf (Jolly)/Choice Band (Adamant)

or
    -Dragon Dance
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake/Ice Punch
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Tyranitarite

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    What nature for Garchomp / Mega Gar? I plan to lead with my scolipede and pass him speed boosts and SD is I can.

The one I have trained in BW2 is Naughty, just wandering if I need a better nature for Garchomp in this Gen.

Garchomp@Mega
    Nature: *?*
    Attack and speed

Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Fire Blast
    Draco Meteor

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What nature for Garchomp / Mega Gar? I plan to lead with my scolipede and pass him speed boosts and SD is I can.

The one I have trained in BW2 is Naughty, just wandering if I need a better nature for Garchomp in this Gen.

Garchomp@Mega
    Nature: *?*
    Attack and speed

Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Fire Blast
    Draco Meteor

That might not work so well. See the previous posts between me and Platinum on this page ^^

If you're going to do it anyway, Mega Chomp needs Sand from Tyranitar/Hippowdon.
    With that and the boosts from Scolipede, the set should look more like this:

-Mega Garchomp w/Garchompite
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    Ability: Sand Force (when mega evolved)
    EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Attack
    Moves: Draco Meteor, Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Earthquake, Stone Edge

Mega Chomp doesn't need Attack EVs or a +Attack nature since it has base 170 Attack and its getting a Swords Dance from Scolipede (and then EQ and Stone Edge gets a boost in sandstorm). The EVs maximize its wallbreaking potential.

So try it out if you like. And if you do, tell me if it works or not, I'd like to know. I'm still not entirely convinced that it wouldn't work.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Ok, new question: Best sweeper to pair with Scolipede?

(This Scolipede is in game and trained and everything, so don't be all "just click a button to change his nature!)

Scolipede@Lum Berry
    Impish 252 Hp / 252 Defense

Mega Horn
    EQ
    Batton Pass
    Swords Dance / Protect

I know the nature and EVs look weird, but listen. Scoilipede only exsists to pass boosts. So his nature and EVs are all about taking that first-turn hit, then Passing.
    The two Attack Slots allow him to fight back if I can't Switch Out, or last-man-standing.

Without EV support, the base-power of his moves are high enough to kill stuff. SD and speed boost give him bigger boosts than EVs would anyway.

*Counters - Prankster Taunt, and TalonFlame

What Physical Sweeper should be his team mate? (I ussualy run Mega-Aggron, who can threaten TF away. But lacks SD to switch into any Psychics that make it impossible for Scoilipede to set up.

---------Edit----------------

Maybe Tyranitar? Rock would Wall TF and Dark would cancel incoming psyics pointed at Scolipede.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Your Scolipede doesn't sound weird at all. It makes sense to me. One little thing though; Black Sludge is better than Lum Berry here.

And Tyranitar sounds like an excellent partner for Scolipede. It covers Scolipede's Fire, Flying, and Psychic weaknesses, and Scolipede covers Tyranitar's Fighting weakness in return since it has a 4x resist to Fighting. You'll need something to deal with Water, Ice, and Ground Pokes; neither of them handles those very well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Is Mat Block worth it to put on Greninja?

If you're planning to use your Greninja for double/triple battles, then sure—with this move, it'd be able to prevent your team from getting hurt. It doesn't save you from status-affecting moves though (such as Thunder Wave and Spore), so be aware. If you're using this Pokémon for single battles, then you should probably go with Protect instead.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    If you're planning to use your Greninja for double/triple battles, then sure—with this move, it'd be able to prevent your team from getting hurt. It doesn't save you from status-affecting moves though (such as Thunder Wave and Spore), so be aware. If you're using this Pokémon for single battles, then you should probably go with Protect instead.

What about Protect and Mat block?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In my opinion, it wouldn't be a good idea to teach it both. If you really want to though, then you could—it's totally up to you. If I were you, I'd go with just one and fill out the rest of my moveset with damage-inflicting attacks. :p

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I have GREAT Wi-Fi Clefable and Togekiss. At least one of them will be a Wish Passer.

Clefable@Life Orb
    Magic Coat (removes orb damage)
    Calm 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 SpD

Wish
    Protect
    Moonblast
    Flame Thrower

I don't want Calm Mind cuz he will have to switch in and out to Wish Pass.

Togekiss@Leftovers/King's Rock
    Serene Grace
    Calm 252 Hp / SpA 100 / SpD 156
    Air Slash
    Dazzle Gleam
    T-Wave
    Roost/Wish

This set combine possible Wish Pass if I choose it. Also Classic Flinch Abuse.

Any suggestions? (they won't be on the same team at the same time. Just need a solid Fairy Type and maybe a Wish Passer)

Also, If Togekiss forgets Wish, can it ever be relearned? It is only learned by its pre-evo Togetic.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Hey guys, if we are not allowed to transfer items to the Pokebank, how are we supposed to obtain the custap berry? O_O;;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back