• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    For a physical set greninja, how useful would the move water shuriken be?

Physical Greninja should not be bothered with ever. Not only is its Attack lower than its Special Attack, its physical movepool isn't as wide as its special movepool. Greninja also has no reason to use Water Shuriken because it's weak and unreliable, and Greninja itself is fast enough not to rely on priority.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    Is there a reason why some people's pokemon occasionally seem to get extra moves, i.e. they get to do a move in between when pokemon would normally start doing moves. Experienced this with other people's Scizor and Rotom.

Also, I had a meowstic evade a move with 100% accuracy in spite of the fact that there no evade-boosting moves had been used. What was that about?

Physical Greninja should not be bothered with ever. Not only is its Attack lower than its Special Attack, its physical movepool isn't as wide as its special movepool. Greninja also has no reason to use Water Shuriken because it's weak and unreliable, and Greninja itself is fast enough not to rely on priority.

Hmmm, I've found Water-shuriken comes in handy against a trick room team since it still has priority. It's unreliable in terms of how much damage it can do, but I always try take advantage of type weaknesses so it ends up doing quite a reasonable amount of damage. I think most people probably think as you do, it seems like there are more mat-block/ ice beam greninjas out there than anything.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    Rate my Tyranitar!

Level 71 Tyranitar with the following stats:

HP :- 251
    Attack :- 239
    Defense :- 182
    Sp. Atk :- 190
    Sp. Def :- 173
    Speed :- 101

Quiet nature....

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Level 71 Tyranitar with the following stats:

HP :- 251
    Attack :- 239
    Defense :- 182
    Sp. Atk :- 190
    Sp. Def :- 173
    Speed :- 101

Quiet nature....

Uhm… what do you need help with, exactly? xD If you're wondering what moves you should teach, then I'd suggest Hone Claws, Stone Edge, Crunch, and Earthquake. It'd be able to increase its Attack and Accuracy with the first move, and sweep your opponent with the rest. If you like, you could replace Earthquake with either Dragon Claw, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, or Fire Fang.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Uhm… what do you need help with, exactly? xD If you're wondering what moves you should teach, then I'd suggest Hone Claws, Stone Edge, Crunch, and Earthquake. It'd be able to increase its Attack and Accuracy with the first move, and sweep your opponent with the rest. If you like, you could replace Earthquake with either Dragon Claw, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, or Fire Fang.

To add, a Quiet Tyranitar can use the TyraniBoah set. This was popular in Gens III and IV for its ability to break stall, but has fallen out of favor in Gen V, due to the decreasing use of the team style. It just may see use again this time because of the many bulky Pokemon introduced now. However, Focus Punch, an important move for the set, is only available as TM01 in Gens III and IV. For reference, this is what it should look like:
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Dark Pulse/Crunch
    -Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 252 HP/52 Atk/176 SAtk/28 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    Pangoro help

Was wanting to hear some builds for pangoros. Just got a shiny one so was thinking of adding it to my team. Whats the best build and item for it? unfortunately the nature is quite but beggars cant be choosers.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    Guys i forgot to tell u one detail.... its a tyranitar on my leafgreen xD not gen Iv or V

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Was wanting to hear some builds for pangoros. Just got a shiny one so was thinking of adding it to my team. Whats the best build and item for it? unfortunately the nature is quite but beggars cant be choosers.

Quiet shouldn't be bothered with ever because Pangoro doesn't specialize in special moves; by looking at its base stats, it's a slow physical attacker. However, it can compensate with Choice Scarf and it can use Parting Shot to scout and weaken opponents to give your other teammates setup opportunities. I'm afraid you'll have to find a new Pangoro:
    -Sky Uppercut/Hammer Arm/Storm Throw
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge/Poison Jab
    -Parting Shot
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I have a Volcarona on my Black 2 waiting for the PokeBank to be released so it can raze the battlefield in X/Y. It uses a set like this:

-Volcarona w/Life Orb
    Nature: Lax
    Ability: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
    Moves: Fire Blast, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, Giga Drain

Normally they run Modest natures. I did a few damage calcs, and it didn't seem like I was missing out on anything much by having a Lax nature instead of a Modest one. But it was just a few quick calcs. Would it be missing out on any crucial KOs if it runs a Lax instead of Modest nature? I'm a bit lazy when it comes to breeding an EV training, and would rather not breed a new one on my Black2, but I want the best fer my favorite little moth.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I have a Volcarona on my Black 2 waiting for the PokeBank to be released so it can raze the battlefield in X/Y. It uses a set like this:

-Volcarona w/Life Orb
    Nature: Lax
    Ability: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
    Moves: Fire Blast, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, Giga Drain

Normally they run Modest natures. I did a few damage calcs, and it didn't seem like I was missing out on anything much by having a Lax nature instead of a Modest one. But it was just a few quick calcs. Would it be missing out on any crucial KOs if it runs a Lax instead of Modest nature? I'm a bit lazy when it comes to breeding an EV training, and would rather not breed a new one on my Black2, but I want the best fer my favorite little moth.

Lax is a terrible nature. The only Pokemon who uses that nature is Custap Forretress, which uses it to help get down to Custap range. Timid is still the superior alternative nature because it lets Volcarona outspeed more threats pre-Quiver Dance.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Is there a way to get Skarmory with stealth rocks as an egg move in gen six?

Years
    Is there a way to get Skarmory with stealth rocks as an egg move in gen six?

In further addition, it's a B2/W2 tutor move so that means you'll have to wait until Pokemon Bank is released before you can even get Stealth Rock on Skarmory transferred over.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    Infestation and baton pass

Does infestation make it so your opponent cannot baton pass? Also wondering the same thing with block

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Venusaur Set

So, I found myself with a Timid Shiny Bulbasaur. I was breeding for a chlorophyl one but it just didn't work out in my favor. Anyway, I still want to try to find a way to use it.

Its egg moves are Grassy Terrain and Giga Drain, but they don't have to be necessaary. If anyone has any ideas on sets for such a Bulbasaur, I'm very interested i knowing. I'm looking for Single Battle. Team ideas to build around the Bulbasaur are also very much appreciated! Thank you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back