• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

zygardian harbinger

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    In addition to that, statwise, it's very weak, with bad physical stats, average special stats, low speed, and average HP. It's also very vulnerable to common moves such as Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Thunder or Thunderbolt, and so on. Its resistances don't give it much coverage, either.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    Masquerain is unviable, even with Intimidate. It's 4x weak to Stealth Rock and doesn't have much to set itself apart from Venomoth, who does Quiver Dance passing better thanks to access to Sleep Powder to incapacitate an opponent, as well as Wonder Skin for a 50/50 chance to evade a status move:
    -Quiver Dance
    -Sleep Powder
    -Baton Pass
    -Substitute/Bug Buzz
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge/Focus Sash
    Ability: Wonder Skin/Tinted Lens

My only problem with venomoth is its lack of access to defog in this gen. Out of the only pokemon who can use it on a baton pass team, they both share the fire weakness with venomoth. I still really like the idea though. I guess mawile could do the same job with the intimidate pass, but there's that fire weakness again, and I wouldn't be able to mega evolve it. I don't see mawile as that viable without its mega evolution.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My only problem with venomoth is its lack of access to defog in this gen. Out of the only pokemon who can use it on a baton pass team, they both share the fire weakness with venomoth. I still really like the idea though. I guess mawile could do the same job with the intimidate pass, but there's that fire weakness again, and I wouldn't be able to mega evolve it. I don't see mawile as that viable without its mega evolution.

That's why you have teammates to provide the Defog support for you. You can't expect a lone Baton Passer like Venomoth to do everything for the team, can you?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Hey! I have Pokemon X, but no friends yet, but I have a friend code.

I wanna find more people to battle, so how does it work? Do we have to trade friend codes to be considered friends? Or can one person just put in their code and it'll automatically link? And do we both have to be online on a DS to get invites or something?

Thanks, and my code is in my sig!

If you add a person's friend code in your 3DS and at the same time that person has added you, their Mii should appear in the PSS under "Friends." You can click on their Mii and choose the option to trade or battle with them. And yes, you need to be connected to the internet for the invites to go through.

You can also find people to battle through Battle Spot without the need to add their friend codes.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    My question has been completely forgotten about. . .
    My question: how did you have a "mock battle?" Was your original opponent a friend of yours and you decided to ask him/her to battle again in order to check? If the answer to this is yes, then your friend could have swapped items.

Anyway, Nidoking has to have Choice Scarf to outspeed Serperior. As to how Terrakion outsped Nidoking, the only valid explanation is Nidoking must have used a negative priority move like Dragon Tail or Roar--however, seeing as Nidoking has to have Choice Scarf in order to outspeed Serperior, this explanation is invalid due to Nidoking being choice-locked into whatever move it has used against Serperior.

With these in mind, it's safe to assume that it was a glitch. Until you could produce the same results under the same conditions, this is the only rational explanation. Glitches still happen, though not as often.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    My question: how did you have a "mock battle?" Was your original opponent a friend of yours and you decided to ask him/her to battle again in order to check? If the answer to this is yes, then your friend could have swapped items.

Answer: You can have a Mock Battle with anyone you have met in Battle Spot. Once you record a battle, you may recreate that team and challenge it on the VS Recorder. The VS Recorder also places the same EXACT items that the battle used by the opponent. I use this to learn, break down, and simulate the opponent's strategy so that I can be a better Pokemon trainer.

Anyway, Nidoking has to have Choice Scarf to outspeed Serperior. As to how Terrakion outsped Nidoking, the only valid explanation is Nidoking must have used a negative priority move like Dragon Tail or Roar--however, seeing as Nidoking has to have Choice Scarf in order to outspeed Serperior, this explanation is invalid due to Nidoking being choice-locked into whatever move it has used against Serperior.

I also believed that Nidoking had to have a choice scarf. But once I frisked the opponent via Mock Battle, I discovered he was using a Black Sludge. Mock Battles completely recreate the opponent's team, and uses the same exact items the original battle had. There is no way the opponent changed the item considering the opponent was not even present during the mock battle.

With these in mind, it's safe to assume that it was a glitch. Until you could produce the same results under the same conditions, this is the only rational explanation. Glitches still happen, though not as often.

If a glitch is the only answer that makes sense, then it's a shame that Pokemon Battles can be won/lost in this way. I know that I should not be complaining since I won the battle anyway, but I came to the forum seeking the manner on how did a player manipulate stats and used it to nearly win the battle against me. I figured that if I had that answer, I can redistribute the stats on my Pokemon and be a better trainer.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Now a REAL Question:

In Online Free Battles, if the opponent disconnects his wi-fi to avoid a loss/resignation, does anyone get credit for a win?

Today in Wi-Fi battles, I legitimately lost 1 battle, but I almost won 2. But when the opponent lost hope in winning, he disconnected his Wi-fi. I hear that I still get credited for the win, or the one who had more non-KO Pokemon is the winner. How does this work?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Last time I checked, in rated battles, a disconnection counts as a loss but the other player gets nothing most of the time.

After receiving many requests from players who enjoyed battling online with Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, and Pokémon White Version 2, we have responded by ruling that any Trainer who disconnects from the server in the middle of battle, regardless of reason or circumstance, will have the battle recorded as a loss, and accordingly experience a drop in rating. When you are battling online, please be sure that you have a reliable Internet connection, and play fairly and with consideration for your fellow Trainers!
    source: https://www.pokemonxy.com/en-gb/primary_feature/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    vague question, but what would the best moveset for my kangaskhan be?

Mega Kangaskhan is the Kangaskhan to use:
    -Fake Out/Power-Up Punch
    -Return
    -Sucker Punch
    -Earthquake/Crunch
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Kangaskhanite
    Ability: Scrappy

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I have no clue how to use a Aegislash in competitive combat. Anyone knows what two other Pokemon would compliment Aegislash?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I have no clue how to use a Aegislash in competitive combat. Anyone knows what two other Pokemon would compliment Aegislash?
    Aegislash is a formidable Pokemon on its own but it appreciates teammates that can switch-in to ground-type moves (either with levitate/ground resist), fire-types, dark-types (particularly bisharp), and the likes. Physically defensive Rotom-W is a good Pokemon to have with Aegislash, I suppose.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    Usually Mega-Gengars are Max Speed and have a plus Spd nature. And Greninja's base speed is 122, while Mega-Gengar's is 130.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Usually Mega-Gengars are Max Speed and have a plus Spd nature. And Greninja's base speed is 122, while Mega-Gengar's is 130.

You're quick. I made a mistake and read the stats wrong. I thought Mega Gengar has 110 Speed, but I discovered that is the speed of Normal Gengar not Mega Gengar.

Last edited:

DJTiki

Years
    You're quick. I made a mistake and read the stats wrong. I thought Mega Gengar has 110 Speed, but I discovered that is the speed of Normal Gengar not Mega Gengar.

Your welcome. Just here to help. Yeah I honestly do that sometimes too.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    New question then:

If Mega Gengar is that fast, how do you beat it? All I can think of is Mega Alazkazam or Choice scarfed Dark Pokemon.

DJTiki

Years
    New question then:

If Mega Gengar is that fast, how do you beat it? All I can think of is Mega Alazkazam or Choice scarfed Dark Pokemon.

Well there is alot of things thst can easily stop this:
    Special walls are good to handle them. Now becuase of Gengar's relatively lower Defense coupled with low HP. I'd advise a Pokémon who is both specially bulky and an attacking monster. I may sound biased but Gallade works, make sure it has Psycho Cut though

Also sound moves go through subs, so a sashed Exploud with Scrappy works too. Also Gengar's run thunderbolt. So Claydol, Lunatone, and Solrock, can work. If used right. Of course, your ideas work too.

EDIT: Solrock doesnt work. Try Umbreon

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back