• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I may sound biased but Gallade works, make sure it has Psycho Cut though

I actually have a Gallade, but it always falls to a Gengar (let alone a Mega Gengar). Gallade is weak to Ghost Moves, so one Shadow Ball would take Gallade to the trip of it's life. I am a Gallade fan too BTW.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    I actually have a Gallade, but it always falls to a Gengar (let alone a Mega Gengar). Gallade is weak to Ghost Moves, so one Shadow Ball would take Gallade to the trip of it's life. I am a Gallade fan too BTW.

Does your Gallade have Max.SpD coupled with a plus SpD nature o.o cuz mine works

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    The fact that it has blistering speed + shadow tag makes countering Mega Gengar almost impossible. Your best bet of beating it is to revenge kill with a Pursuit user like Tyranitar or Bisharp because once Mega Gengar switches into something it can KO, it will be KO'd.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Does your Gallade have Max.SpD coupled with a plus SpD nature o.o cuz mine works

My Gallade is a speed build who sweeps lower speed Pokemon like Kangaskhan. Plus it finishes off weakened opponent with Shadow Sneak. I should try a SpD wall Gallade to see how well that works.

DJTiki

Years
    The fact that it has blistering speed + shadow tag makes countering Mega Gengar almost impossible. Your best bet of beating it is to revenge kill with a Pursuit user like Tyranitar or Bisharp because once Mega Gengar switches into something it can KO, it will be KO'd.

Yeah I was actually thinking regular Gengar. But Mega Gengar is best taken on by Bisharp, or Umbreon since it csn get Foul Play.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    My Gallade is a speed build who sweeps lower speed Pokemon like Kangaskhan. Plus it finishes off weakened opponent with Shadow Sneak. I should try a SpD wall Gallade to see how well that works.
    Keep in mind that a Gallade without attack investment fails to OHKO Mega Gengar without stealth rock.

Yeah I was actually thinking regular Gengar. But Mega Gengar is best taken on by Bisharp, or Umbreon since it csn get Foul Play.
    No sane person would switch a Mega Gengar into an Umbreon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

Correction: Mega Kangaskhan (100 Speed) and regular Kangaskhan (90 Speed) are both faster than Gallade. Gallade's Adamant Shadow Sneak 2HKOs Mega Gengar, which is a problem if Mega Gengar was healthy to begin with. You could hit it on the switch with Psycho Cut or Zen Headbutt, but that takes prediction.

DJTiki

Years
    Keep in mind that a Gallade without attack investment fails to OHKO Mega Gengar without stealth rock.

No sane person would switch a Mega Gengar into an Umbreon.

Well I'm a little insane. But I get where you are going with that.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What's the EV spread for Geomancy Xerneas? I was looking at mine the other day, and the current spread is 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP, and I don't think that's quite right....

And about the Mega Gengar thing: Dark types may not be the safest thing against Mega Gengar. Don't they usually run Focus Blast?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    What's the EV spread for Geomancy Xerneas? I was looking at mine the other day, and the current spread is 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP, and I don't think that's quite right....

The spread is 108 HP/28 Def/252 SAtk/120 Spe. This gives Genesect a Special Attack boost via Download (which Xerneas can then sponge with +2 Special Defense) and still lets Xerneas outspeed Mewtwo at +1 Speed in the unlikely event that it gets hit by Sticky Web before Geomancy.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    Heavy Df/Sp. Df team?

I want my team to be heavy on Df and Sp. Df, yet still have alright At and Sp. Attack. I'm doing alright so far, but any tips? I know to use Training Bags, fight Pokemon with heavy Df stats such as Roggenrola, stuff like that. (Although I'm not familiar with Gen VI.) I want tips that are new to X and Y.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I want my team to be heavy on Df and Sp. Df, yet still have alright At and Sp. Attack. I'm doing alright so far, but any tips? I know to use Training Bags, fight Pokemon with heavy Df stats such as Roggenrola, stuff like that. (Although I'm not familiar with Gen VI.) I want tips that are new to X and Y.

A stall team may be what you're looking for here: Read up on this to find out more about the play style in Gen VI.

Anyway, commonly found Pokemon on stall teams are Chansey, Quagsire, Mega Venusaur, Clefable and Heatran.

Chansey:
    -Soft-Boiled
    -Heal Bell/Aromatherapy/Stealth Rock
    -Toxic/Thunder Wave/Stealth Rock
    -Seismic Toss
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Eviolite
    Ability: Natural Cure

or
    -Wish
    -Soft-Boiled
    -Seismic Toss
    -Toxic
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Eviolite
    Ability: Natural Cure

Quagsire:
    -Scald
    -Earthquake
    -Toxic
    -Recover
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Unaware

Mega Venusaur:
    -Giga Drain
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Leech Seed/Earthquake/Knock Off
    -Synthesis
    Nature: Bold/Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe
    Item: Venusaurite

Heatran:
    -Lava Plume
    -Protect
    -Taunt/Roar/Stealth Rock
    -Toxic/Will-o-Wisp
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/220 Def/40 Spe

Clefable:
    -Calm Mind
    -Moonblast
    -Soft-Boiled/Moonlight
    -Stored Power/Flamethrower
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard

or
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Moonblast
    -Thunder Wave/Heal Bell/Aromatherapy
    EVs; 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Ability: Unaware/Magic Guard

or
    -Stealth Rock
    -Moonblast
    -Flamethrower
    -Soft-Boiled/Moonlight

or
    -Moonblast
    -Fire Blast
    -Thunder Wave
    -Soft-Boiled/Moonlight
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
    Item: Life Orb

This isn't a full team I gave you, so I'd recommend checking out the analyses here for more Pokemon for you to use.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I was in a battle today, and I somehow lost because of Destiny bond. My opponent's Gengar used Destiny bond (and I knew he was going to do it). So I use a move that would guarantee to miss (earthquake). On the NEXT turn, I used metal claw and Destiny bond activated ANYWAY knocking out my own Pokemon along with my opponent.

How did this happen? And NO, my opponent did not use Destiny bond twice in a row.

I did my homework, and this is what the description says about Destiny bond:

Destiny Bond only works if it is used immediately prior to fainting: If the user takes another turn (including 'inactive' turns such as such as those spent sleeping or flinching), the effect disappears. Destiny Bond is not an increased priority move -- if the user is faster than the opponent (or otherwise moves first), Destiny Bond only lasts for the current turn; conversely, if the user moves last, it takes effect during the next turn.

My opponent used Destiny bond before I used earthquake Since it did nothing, Destiny bond should have disappeared. The next turn, I went first and used Metal Claw. Somehow, the Destiny Bond from the last turn still activated. How? Did missing my opponent on purpose kept Destiny bond an extra turn? The description claims that it only lasts the turn as long as Destiny bond was used first. Can somebody please explain to me what might have happened.

I have no video of this battle. Sorry.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I was in a battle today, and I somehow lost because of Destiny bond. My opponent's Gengar used Destiny bond (and I knew he was going to do it). So I use a move that would guarantee to miss (earthquake). On the NEXT turn, I used metal claw and Destiny bond activated ANYWAY knocking out my own Pokemon along with my opponent.
    What Pokemon were you using? Gengar is naturally fast but you outsped it on the second turn. Somehow, your description doesn't all add up to make sense. Unless you were using a useless Quick Claw or something.

However, since you outsped Gengar on the second turn, it's also possible that you have outsped it on the prior turn. When Destiny Bond is used last in a turn, it takes effect on the next turn.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I used a Mega Lucario. Mega Lucario and normal non mega Gengar have VERY similar speed rates.

Mega Lucario: 112 Speed rate
    Gengar: 110 Speed rate

Since both Pokemon have equal speed, the game basically randomly chooses who goes first. My opponent got the lucky draw the first time around, while I got lucky the second time.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I used a Mega Lucario. Mega Lucario and normal non mega Gengar have VERY similar speed rates.

Mega Lucario: 112 Speed rate
    Gengar: 110 Speed rate

Since both Pokemon have equal speed, the game basically randomly chooses who goes first. My opponent got the lucky draw the first time around, while I got lucky the second time.

Actually, Mega Lucario is still faster in this case.

At level 100, Mega Lucario's absolute max Speed is 355; Gengar's is 350. At level 50, Mega Lucario maxes out at 180, Gengar at 178. Your Mega Luke only had a Speed IV of 27 or 28, which caused the Speed tie. This pretty much emphasizes the importance of perfect Speed IVs on offensive Pokemon.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    No, if both Pokemon have similar speed EVs and both has a +speed nature, Mega Lucario will surely outspeed. Assuming 31 speed IVs, of course.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Speed is not important in this case. We still need to figure out why did Destiny Bond last 2 turns. (The description CLEARLY states that it should only last 1 turn assuming if it went first, and it did.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back