• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Ok, so Ive been a fan of pokemon for quite a few years now, and ive been getting better on battling competitively and such, but I still have a few questions, and im gonna ask one of them now,

My Mamoswine has a EV spread in attack 252, and I split the rest of them to its defenses, (more to specail defense because its lower, and I wanted it to have even defenses. But then I found a question, I wanted to make Mamaswine take both specail hits and defensive hits well, and since it had lot of HP, I just guessed it would be better to EV the defenses, but now im wondering, what would be more effiecent for Mamoswine to take hits? 252 Ev in HP, or split it in its defenses?

Speed is the better option for Mamoswine. Naive/Jolly are preferred.

For pure physical Mamoswine, Jolly with 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe is preferred to get the jump ahead of walls.

For Mamoswine with Freeze-Dry, Naive with 244 Atk/12 SAtk/252 Spe is ideal to 2HKO Wash Rotom with said move after Stealth Rock.

Jarachie

Shocking, isn't it?
    Years
  • Speed is the better option for Mamoswine. Naive/Jolly are preferred.

For pure physical Mamoswine, Jolly with 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe is preferred to get the jump ahead of walls.

For Mamoswine with Freeze-Dry, Naive with 244 Atk/12 SAtk/252 Spe is ideal to 2HKO Wash Rotom with said move after Stealth Rock.

Thanks, I know about how EV speed mamaoswine is recommended but I just want to know if 252HP spread is more effiecient or, halve it between the defenses, for Mamoswine in particular.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Thanks, I know about how EV speed mamaoswine is recommended but I just want to know if 252HP spread is more effiecient or, halve it between the defenses, for Mamoswine in particular.

Neither is really efficient. While Speed isn't Mamoswine's strong suit, it's necessary to let it get the jump ahead of slower walls.

Jarachie

Shocking, isn't it?
    Years
  • Ok, another question, what does more damage, ice beam or frost breath? For 6th gen of coarse, and I ask this because frost breath got buffed, but I heard that critical hits were nuked to do 33% added power now, so Im wondering with frost breaths new 60 base power what would do more.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ok, another question, what does more damage, ice beam or frost breath? For 6th gen of coarse, and I ask this because frost breath got buffed, but I heard that critical hits were nuked to do 33% added power now, so Im wondering with frost breaths new 60 base power what would do more.
    They do the same amount of damage, actually. Critical hits in Gen 6 do 1.5x the damage instead of 2x the damage like they used to. So:

Frost Breath: 60 base power X 1.5 crit bonus = 90
    Ice Beam: 90 base power

Damage is still the same with STAB.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Chesnaught:
    -Leech Seed
    -Spiky Shield
    -Hammer Arm
    -Spikes/Wood Hammer
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Bulletproof
    About this...would it be a good idea to move a few of the points from Defense or HP to SpecialDefense? Or do we wanna maximize its Defense potential?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Maximizing Chesnaught's physical bulk is best for it. Its special bulk isn't that good, really.
    I know its Special Defense is pretty low/average, but it has weakness to both Psychic and Fire moves, both of which have a lot of Special moves. So I was wondering if I put maybe 60 EVs out of HP and into Special Defense to help cover up its Special weakness to bring its EVs to 172HP/252Def/60SpDef if this would be a big help to Chesnaught or if the difference would be barely noticeable and I should just stick with 252HP/252Def/4SpDef.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I know its Special Defense is pretty low/average, but it has weakness to both Psychic and Fire moves, both of which have a lot of Special moves. So I was wondering if I put maybe 60 EVs out of HP and into Special Defense to help cover up its Special weakness to bring its EVs to 172HP/252Def/60SpDef if this would be a big help to Chesnaught or if the difference would be barely noticeable and I should just stick with 252HP/252Def/4SpDef.

That still won't help. Even with specially defensive investment, Chesnaught still falls to powerful Fire and Psychic attacks.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Okay. What's the next best item for Chesnaught other than Leftovers? Is Rocky Helmet any good?

Theoretically, yes. It won't activate when Chesnaught uses Spiky Shield and succeeds, but it still punishes (contact) physical attackers outside of said move.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm back, good moveset for skill link chinchino? (+IVs)

Here it is. 31 IVs would be preferred in Attack and Speed, though:
    -Tail Slap
    -Bullet Seed
    -Rock Blast
    -U-turn/Knock Off
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band/Life Orb/King's Rock
    Ability: Skill Link

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2015
    Anything i should change about this?

Infernape
    Item: Life Orb or Expert Belt(or anyting else)
    Ability: Iron Fist
    Nature:Naive
    EVs: 176 Atk 80 SpA 252 Spe

Overheat
    Close Combat
    Thunder Punch
    Mach Punch

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Anything i should change about this?

Infernape
    Item: Life Orb or Expert Belt(or anyting else)
    Ability: Iron Fist
    Nature:Naive
    EVs: 176 Atk 80 SpA 252 Spe

Overheat
    Close Combat
    Thunder Punch
    Mach Punch

168 Attack EVs are enough to guarantee the OHKO on Heatran. The 8 EVs can be moved to Special Attack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back