• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm thinking of breeding for a sweeper-ish Lopunny(yeah lol) something like this

Lopunny@Life Orb/Choice Band
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
-Return
-Fake Out/Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Drain Punch

Is it an A-okay set?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm thinking of breeding for a sweeper-ish Lopunny(yeah lol) something like this

Lopunny@Life Orb/Choice Band
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
-Return
-Fake Out/Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Drain Punch

Is it an A-okay set?

No. Lopunny is too offensively weak to take advantage of its wide offensive movepool. Also, Fake Out + Choice Band is bad, as you have to switch after using Fake Out, since it only works the first turn Lopunny is in battle. Lopunny is better off using Switcheroo in conjunction with a hindering item (Klutz prevents Lopunny from using items and this is good if it's holding a hindering item to Trick into the opponent):
-Switcheroo
-Encore
-Healing Wish
-Baton Pass/Thunder Wave
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Klutz

Years
Currently, I got a Hasty Misdreavus that I plan to evolve into a Mismagius. Defense is already crap so I plan to take advantage of its boosted Speed. It's level 74 so it's already learned all of the moves it could by leveling up. I was thinking about giving it Thunder Wave, Perish Song, Pain Split, and Heal Bell to run a support/trolling variant, but I wanted to see if there are better ways on using it even with a hindering Nature like Hasty?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Currently, I got a Hasty Misdreavus that I plan to evolve into a Mismagius. Defense is already crap so I plan to take advantage of its boosted Speed. It's level 74 so it's already learned all of the moves it could by leveling up. I was thinking about giving it Thunder Wave, Perish Song, Pain Split, and Heal Bell to run a support/defensive variant, but I wanted to see if there are better ways on using it even with a hindering Nature like Hasty?

Offensive Mismagius are better off using setup moves to enhance their power. Hasty makes defensive/support sets useless:
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers

or
-Nasty Plot
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Thunderbolt/Taunt
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

Years
Offensive Mismagius are better off using setup moves to enhance their power. Hasty makes defensive/support sets useless:
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
Item: Leftovers

or
-Nasty Plot
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Thunderbolt/Taunt
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

Nasty Plot variant sounds like the best one, only downside of it being an Egg Move. Better breed it with my Spiritomb, then. Thanks!

RayDX

The 8)
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 2, 2017
Are Mega Evolutions Banned in Wi-Fi Battles?

In anyway are the mega evo's Banned? if so? How? (Specific Rule? Or like legendarys?)

RayDX

The 8)
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 2, 2017
Help with choices for my pokemon team.(Pokemon X)

Hey, I recently got into Pokemon X and I want to start doing Wifi, But Theres 7 Pokemon that I like, but im only aloud 6....

So, The pokemon I want to use are

Venusaur
Blaziken
Azumarill
Ferret
Greninja
Raichu
Aurorous

Which one's should I use? and why? Im looking for a Bulky team that can also Hit Hard

:D Thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Can Dragon Tail activate the Poison Touch ability, thus poisoning the target as it's switched out? Or does the switch occur before the abiltiy is checked?
(If you're wondering, it's Dragalge that can have both these things.)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hey, I recently got into Pokemon X and I want to start doing Wifi, But Theres 7 Pokemon that I like, but im only aloud 6....

So, The pokemon I want to use are

Venusaur
Blaziken
Azumarill
Ferret
Greninja
Raichu
Aurorous

Which one's should I use? and why? Im looking for a Bulky team that can also Hit Hard

:D Thanks in advance
Use everyone but Furret. It's honestly not that good.

Everyone else is A-okay, though you can only use one Mega Evo in a team; you'll have to decide between Blaziken or Venusaur for the Mega Evo slot. Also, exercise extreme caution when using Aurorus, as its defensive typing is outright terrible.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
Just started making a team for wifi battles, I've snagged 4 so far, but I don't have a clue what to fill the last two slots with.
Currently I'm hosting:
Mega-Alakazam
Psyshock
Hidden Power: Fire
Focus Blast
Thinking Substitute

Klefki(suicidal opener)
Spikes
Imprison
Toxic
Foul Play

Ditto(all IVs over 27, neutral nature, imposter),

Aegislash(Adamant)
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword
Sword Dance
King's Shield

So, the quick questions:
What is this team lacking?
How does Mega-Alakazam handle a choice-scarf revenge killing pursuit user?
Lastly: What EVs should Ditto have? So far I've been aiming for well-rounded, so it can adapt to whatever the team needs..but now I'm thinking 252 speed, and mixed SPA/Atk. Do they matter when transformed anyways?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Just started making a team for wifi battles, I've snagged 4 so far, but I don't have a clue what to fill the last two slots with.
Currently I'm hosting:
Mega-Alakazam
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Thinking Substitute

Klefki(suicidal opener)
Spikes
Imprison
Toxic
Foul Play

Aegislash(Adamant)
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword
Sword Dance
King's Shield

So, the quick questions:
Lastly: What EVs should Ditto have? So far I've been aiming for well-rounded, so it can adapt to whatever the team needs..but now I'm thinking 252 speed, and mixed SPA/Atk. Do they matter when transformed anyways?
EVs apart from HP (and Special Defense should Imposter fail against opposing Zoroark) don't matter on Ditto:
-Transform
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter

Substitute, though it eats at Mega Alakazam's health with no way of getting it back, helps against Pursuit users.

Years
Mawile Nature

Mawile has long been a favorite Pokemon of mine, but I have always been torn between adamant nature and impish nature. Which do you prefer and why? I have a Lvl. 1 impish Mawile in my BOX right now, but do not want to EV train him if there is no reason.

Thanks, to those who respond.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
Currently I'm hosting:
Mega-Alakazam
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Thinking Substitute

Skarmory Sturdy, @Focus Sash
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Brave Bird
Taunt

Ditto(imposter) @Choice Scarf

Aegislash(Adamant) @Muscle Band
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword
Sword Dance
King's Shield

Blissey @Leftovers
Wish
Aromatherapy
T-Wave
Seismic Toss

Togekiss - Timid, Speed/HP EVs, @Metrenome
Roost
Air Slash
Lovely Kiss
T-wave

How's this for a no duplicate item OU team? :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Currently I'm hosting:
Mega-Alakazam
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Thinking Substitute

Klefki(suicidal opener)
Spikes
Imprison
Toxic
Foul Play

Aegislash(Adamant)
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword
Sword Dance
King's Shield

So, the quick questions:

Ghost-type Pokémon could be a major threat to your team, as your Aegislash and Alakazam are both weak to them. To counter ghost-types, I suggest having a dark-type Pokémon on your team. In my opinion, Hydreigon would be a good choice. It may be four-times weak to fairy, but its offensive stats are quite high, which allows it to take out almost any Pokémon with only a single hit. A good moveset for it would have to be Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Focus Blast, and Dragon Pulse. You could replace Draco Meteor with Dragon Pulse if you like, but that's totally up to you. Its held item could be Choice Specs. If you don't want to have it locked onto one move though, then you may switch it up with either Life Orb or Expert Belt.

Your team has a weakness to ground-types as well—Aegislash and Klefki are both super-effective to it. The best way to take down ground-types would be by using grass Pokémon. One of the best grass-types out there is Breloom. It's got access to Spore, which could make your opponent fall asleep in an instant. And after it gets its Attack boosted by Swords Dance, it could start wreaking havoc immediately. d:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Mawile has long been a favorite Pokemon of mine, but I have always been torn between adamant nature and impish nature. Which do you prefer and why? I have a Lvl. 1 impish Mawile in my BOX right now, but do not want to EV train him if there is no reason.

Thanks, to those who respond.

Adamant is Mawile's preferred nature. It allows it to hit a lot harder right off the bat while it's in its Mega form. Even with an Impish nature, Huge Power still makes up for the lack of Attack investment, but it won't hit as hard.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 9, 2014
Starting off my team...

Just got into competitive pokemon...I'm not exactly sure what playstyle I want to play right now, but I would like to incorporate a Metagross in there as I have already started training it. It's adamant with 252 attack / 230 special def / ? 3rd stat. Moveset- Earthquake, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, and Protect.

What playstyles do you suggest I could play with a metagross in my team. And could you link me to some guides of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back