• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
  • I really want to teach my Mewtwo Ice beam and I don't know what move to replace. Right now his moveset is: Psystrike, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Aura sphere. I was thinking of either getting rid of Psystrike or Psychic but I'm not sure. Help please.
    I would personally get rid of Psychic. Psystrike gives Mewtwo that valuable ability to hit the opponent's defense physically as well as specially.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I really want to teach my Mewtwo Ice beam and I don't know what move to replace. Right now his moveset is: Psystrike, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Aura sphere. I was thinking of either getting rid of Psystrike or Psychic but I'm not sure. Help please.

To fully answer the question, here's what Mewtwo should look like:
    -Psystrike
    -Fire Blast/Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
    -Focus Blast/Aura Sphere/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
    -Calm Mind/Taunt
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Mewtwonite Y

And I agree with the above two posters; Mewtwo has literally no reason to use Psychic, as Psystrike packs more power. Any physical walls can be dealt with using the appropriate coverage move.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Has anyone used Growth Venusaur-M? Or better yet, how good does Growth Venusaur-M fare in the current metagame?

Friend Code: 0619-3088-1076
    Years
  • Competitive Victini Moveset and EV help needed

I have just got a Victini from a trade and its nature is adamant
    (not so great for Sp. atk moves but good for moves like V-create and Fusion Bolt)

Just wondering how i should EV train it, what item it should hold and a good move set

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Move it already has to keep
    -V-create/Fire/180 Physical/95 Acc.
    -Fusion Bolt/Electric/100 Physical/ 100 Acc.

Other moves it has now:
    -Fusion Flare/Fire/100 Sp.Atk/100 Acc.
    -Searing Shot/Fire/100 Sp.Atk/100 Acc.

Thanks

Years
  • I have just got a Victini from a trade and its nature is adamant
    (not so great for Sp. atk moves but good for moves like V-create and Fusion Bolt)

Just wondering how i should EV train it, what item it should hold and a good move set

Other moves it has now:

Thanks
    Go with CB, and V-Create, Fusion Bolt, U-turn and something else idk (probably Zen Headbutt, though I ran Grass Knot to hit Swampert and Rhyp in BW UU).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have just got a Victini from a trade and its nature is adamant

Other moves it has now:

Thanks
    To expand, Adamant is an ideal nature for Victini to have, given the physical nature of V-Create. To condense what Moxieinfinite said, here's Choice Band Victini with an EV spread:
    -V-Create
    -Bolt Strike
    -U-turn
    -Brick Break
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band

Choice Scarf is also viable if Adamant isn't enough for you:
    -V-Create
    -Bolt Strike/Trick
    -Final Gambit/Zen Headbutt
    -U-turn
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

Years
  • [Team Help] Escalavier

Hi I'm running escalavier on my VGC trick room team. I'm wondering if I should run the ability Swarm or Shell armor. Shell armor makes him not abled to be crit, but Swarm gives x1.5 for bug type moves when he is at 1/3 health. I'm kind of leaning on Shell armor, but I see why I should do Swarm.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • Hi I'm running escalavier on my VGC trick room team. I'm wondering if I should run the ability Swarm or Shell armor. Shell armor makes him not abled to be crit, but Swarm gives x1.5 for bug type moves when he is at 1/3 health. I'm kind of leaning on Shell armor, but I see why I should do Swarm.
    Is it offensive or defensive? If it is defensive, use shell armor, and if it is offensive, use swarm.

dethklok8

Shiny_Charizard
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    It really depends on what your team needs. If you need someone to sweep then go offensive. If you want someone to stall then go defensive. Where you've already put EVs in Atk instead of Def and SpD, it might be best to go offensive on him, but it all depends on what your team needs support in.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hi I'm running escalavier on my VGC trick room team. I'm wondering if I should run the ability Swarm or Shell armor. Shell armor makes him not abled to be crit, but Swarm gives x1.5 for bug type moves when he is at 1/3 health. I'm kind of leaning on Shell armor, but I see why I should do Swarm.
    IMO, either ability doesn't matter on Escavalier. It all depends on what you need. On one hand, Swarm can make Megahorn hit like a nuke when Escavalier is in a pinch. On the other, Shell Armor prevents an untimely critical hit from potentially taking out Escavalier.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Competitive movesets, natures, EVs, IVs and Items for Greninja needed.
    Please Help
    Typically, for a Greninja you want to max out its Speed and Special Attack with both EVs and IVs. Get a Timid nature one with its hidden ability Protean.

The most common moveset for Greninja is Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Extrasensory and Dark Pulse. Though Dark Pulse can easily be substituted for Grass Knot or U-Turn, depending on your needs.

Common items include Life Orb and Wise Glasses.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Typically, for a Greninja you want to max out its Speed and Special Attack with both EVs and IVs. Get a Timid nature one with its hidden ability Protean.

The most common moveset for Greninja is Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Extrasensory and Dark Pulse. Though Dark Pulse can easily be substituted for Grass Knot or U-Turn, depending on your needs.

Common items include Life Orb and Wise Glasses.

Wise Glasses doesn't give Greninja much of an offensive boost. 10% to Special Attack isn't enough. "Scouting" can be done with Team Preview, making U-turn on Greninja kind of pointless. Greninja also opts for Spikes occasionally, since it forces a lot of switches. HP Fire also is used to nail Ferrothorn and Scizor, while HP Grass is used for hitting Wash Rotom harder than Grass Knot:
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Extrasensory
    -Dark Pulse/Hidden Power (Fire/Grass)/Grass Knot/Spikes
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Ability: Protean

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    Help with Heracross Moveset

Alright.

So I've been playing pokemon for a long time now, and I want to start with getting the perfect moveset for my favorite pokemon, heracross. He gets a sick mega, and I want to take advantage of it.

The moveset I want to get is:
    Arm thrust
    Bullet seed
    Pin missile
    Rock blast

I'm a total nub when it comes to breeding, so please give it to me as simply as possible. I don't care about IVs or whatever, I just want to get this going. If it means anything, I'm playing X right now.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Alright.

So I've been playing pokemon for a long time now, and I want to start with getting the perfect moveset for my favorite pokemon, heracross. He gets a sick mega, and I want to take advantage of it.

Arm thrust
    Bullet seed
    Pin missile
    Rock blast

I'm a total nub when it comes to breeding, so please give it to me as simply as possible. I don't care about IVs or whatever, I just want to get this going. If it means anything, I'm playing X right now.
    Heracross can learn Arm Thrust and Bullet Seed at level 1, or by giving Heart Scales to the Move Relearner in Dendemille Town. It also learns Pin Missile at level 31. But if you want Rock Blast, you should breed a female Heracross with a male Shuckle that knows Rock Blast.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    thanks so much, ive always thought that it would sometimes just get the moves, but now i can just learn them. glad i have a ton of heart scales!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Alright.

Arm thrust
    Bullet seed
    Pin missile
    Rock blast

Heracross can learn Arm Thrust and Bullet Seed at level 1, or by giving Heart Scales to the Move Relearner in Dendemille Town. It also learns Pin Missile at level 31. But if you want Rock Blast, you should breed a female Heracross with a male Shuckle that knows Rock Blast.
    Arm Thrust isn't worth using over Close Combat because of these reasons:
    1. the power drop is noticeable (5-hit Arm Thrust is 75 base power compared to Close Combat's 120)
    2. triggering Iron Barbs and/or Rocky Helmet 5 times in a row isn't cool.

Bullet Seed isn't useful unless you're afraid of Wash Rotom, Hippowdon and Azumarill, who already take quite a lot from Pin Missile and Rock Blast, respectively. Shuckle can't learn Rock Blast outside of breeding. The Pokemon you may be looking for is Dwebble or Crustle, who conveniently learn the move by level-up.

In the end, the best Mega Heracross set is this:
    -Pin Missile
    -Close Combat
    -Rock Blast
    -Earthquake/Swords Dance
    EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spe
    Item: Heracronite
    Ability: Guts/Moxie

Friend Code: 0619-3088-1076
    Years
  • Need EVs and move set for Espeon with magic bounce
    Please Help

I need the move wish to heal my team so keep that in mind.
    Maybe a baton passer+healer? Or a Sp.Atk+Healer?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back