• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Dual Screen

So... I've been looking for a competitive "dual screener" (for double battles ofc) and the most common answers I got were Klefki and Uxie.
    Are they really worth it? I mean, are they really the best dual screen Pokémon or you guys have a better idea?
    Thanks in advance. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    So... I've been looking for a competitive "dual screener" (for double battles ofc) and the most common answers I got were Klefki and Uxie.
    Are they really worth it? I mean, are they really the best dual screen Pokémon or you guys have a better idea?
    Thanks in advance. :)

Klefki is the go-to dual screener because of Prankster and a good defensive typing:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Thunder Wave/Safeguard
    -Foul Play
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/64 Def/192 SDef
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Prankster

Years
    Hello! I'm pretty new to all of this and was wondering what set would be good for this Zorua.

Pokemon: Zorua
    Nature: Timid
    IV: 31/31/x/31/31/31
    Item: Undecided
    EV: Undecided
    Ability: Illusion

Thanks in advance!

Years
    Hello! I'm pretty new to all of this and was wondering what set would be good for this Zorua.

Thanks in advance!

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    I was planning on using a Ninjask to do swords dance and baton pass with a focus sash. What other moves should I put on it?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I was planning on using a Ninjask to do swords dance and baton pass with a focus sash. What other moves should I put on it?

Scolipede does Attack and Speed passing better because it's not as weak to Stealth Rock and as frail as Ninjask is. The only items for Ninjask to consider are Leftovers (for passive recovery to potentially make more Substitutes) or Mental Herb (to shrug off Taunt once, given how susceptible to Taunt Ninjask is):
    -Substitute
    -Protect
    -Baton Pass
    -Swords Dance/X-Scissor
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 248 HP/220 Def/36 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Mental Herb
    Ability: Speed Boost

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    Got it. But I don't have access to a scolipede/Know where to find it outside of Unova.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I could use some help for Cobalion on a Fighting type mono. This is my set now

Cobalion @ Life Orb
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 4 SpA / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Iron Head
    - Volt Switch
    - Stealth Rock

Cobalion should be using Close Combat as a hard-hitting Fighting STAB:
    -Iron Head
    -Close Combat
    -Volt Switch
    -Taunt/Stealth Rock
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 140 HP/112 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

Got it. But I don't have access to a scolipede/Know where to find it outside of Unova.

Normally, they're found in Kalos Route 6's bushes randomly, but those have Swarm and Poison Point. If you want Speed Boost Whirlipede, go ask someone who has its Friend Safari to add your Friend Code.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Just asking, Cobalion is worthy for a fighting mono?, I have Toxicroak too. But, I have nothing to set up rocks or resisting Flying type.
    No Fighting type is going to ever resist Flying, but Terrakion can set up rocks and is neutral to Flying.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering, if Gengar is the best ghost type pokemon and if not what would be the best one? Could you guys also let me know what the top five ghost type pokemon are? Thank you! :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering, if Gengar is the best ghost type pokemon and if not what would be the best one? Could you guys also let me know what the top five ghost type pokemon are? Thank you! :)

Gengar is generally the best Ghost Pokemon to use because of its good Special Attack and Speed. Though its stats may not seem like the part for utility sets, given Gengar's frailty, it does pull them off pretty well, since it forces switches a lot. Here are the common sets it runs:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb
    -Focus Blast
    -Destiny Bond/Taunt/Substitute
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash/Black Sludge

or
    -Substitute
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Taunt/Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave/Disable
    EVs: 28 HP/148 SAtk/80 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge

or
    -Hex
    -Taunt
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb/Substitute
    EVs: 8 HP/248 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge

The other good Ghost Pokemon to use are Aegislash (only if you play Ubers or in just for fun matches), Giratina (both forms, Ubers only) Mega Sableye, Chandelure and Cofagrigus.

Yeah, I thought on it too. The thing is, I just can't make room for it. :/

Edit: Terrakion is a good lead for OU?

Terrakion does make a good lead, yes:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Stone Edge
    -Close Combat
    -Taunt
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash

Taunt lets Terrakion stop opposing leads from getting their status moves up. Its great offensive presence also forces switches, which gives it enough time to set up Stealth Rock.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2015
    Corsola singles moveset

Corsola has always been one of my favorite Pokemon but it's Stats arent very good. What moveset do you recommend for Corsola in singles? I've tought of this moveset but Im not sure if it's good enough:

Corsola @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Regenerator
    Level: 50
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Amnesia
    - Recover
    - Scald

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Corsola has always been one of my favorite Pokemon but it's Stats arent very good. What moveset do you recommend for Corsola in singles? I've tought of this moveset but Im not sure if it's good enough:

Corsola @ Sitrus Berry
    Level: 50
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Amnesia
    - Recover
    - Scald
    That Corsola is easily crippled with status, has little chance of sweeping due to poor stats, and will likely have problems setting up due its weaknesses (notably Grass). Pokemon like Mega Slowbro and Suicune pull off the CM + One Attack moveset more efficiently. A more wall-oriented moveset would be better suited for Corsola:

Corsola @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Power Gem
    - Recover
    - Stealth Rock / Toxic

Switch in a lot on Normal- and Flying-types like Talonflame and abuse Regenerator. Spam Scald for burns like no tomorrow. Even then, Slowbro, Rotom-Wash, and friends are still much better.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

Thanks in advance!
    Forgot about this, but here are ideal special Zoroark sets:
    -Nasty Plot
    -Dark Pulse
    -Flamethrower/Grass Knot
    -Focus Blast
    Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash

or
    -Dark Pulse/Night Daze
    -Flamethrower/Grass Knot
    -Focus Blast
    -Trick
    Item: Choice Specs

Zaiato

Captain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    For regular Sableye should I have 252 Evs into HP and Def with 4 in Special Def or have more of a mix between HP Def and Special Def?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back