• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moving out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'd be most excited to just have a place I could call my own. Though I'm probably going to move into an apartment with a friend or two to save costs. Like everyone else, the independence and freedom is what I'm looking forward to the most. I guess in a way I have that here, though. I can come and go as I please and do really whatever I want to do, but it does get very annoying when I'm asked to do something.

Moving out scares me a little, though, because I don't make that great amount of money to move out on my own around this area or any nearby areas so I'd worry if I had enough money to pay rent, utilities, food, etc.

Years
    I moved out nearly 5 years ago and I do miss my parents home. It is always nice to be there, but I have grown up and love being independent. I will always love going home to see my parents and staying there for a bit, but I couldn't move back home.​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Using the Microwave and Dishes that are currently in my room just waiting to be used one day.

But besides those (which was pretty mundane) I guess the independence is always a plus. I won't have to get nagged to do anything, but at the same time since I'm still getting nagged I have the feeling that other than not being able to support myself yet I don't have the responsibility to live on my own. It's kind of bad considering my age, but no one said that the truth was nice.

Years
    I still live at home, I go to a community college so I haven't been on my own yet really. But, I am looking forward to the freedom and independence as many others have said here. It's something I've been looking forward to a lot lately, I am most likely moving out next year!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm afraid to move out tbh. Minimum wage is impossible to survive alone on unless you roommate with someone, and then you still aren't technically alone and it's still difficult... I remember hearing a statistic that an individual needs to make a minimum of $12/hr to live semi-comfortably.

That's not going to happen anytime soon as I'm still in college and don't plan on doing dorms.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I will never, ever move out. Ha, just kiddin'. I hate my current house. It's too small, cramped, and all that chiz. If we move, I'm looking forward to see the new place I'll be moving in. Excited.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I live away from home for university, since it's about an hour and a half away from my parents' house. (Commuting is possible but I don't have my driver's license and it wouldn't make sense for me due to health issues anyway.) It's close enough that I can visit enough and I don't feel all that independent all the time but it's a start.

Aside from family, which is the obvious answer, I miss the food. T_T; I loooove going home because the meals are so much nicer than what I eat on a daily basis away from home. My parents go out of their way to make nice meals when I visit, but even simple meals when I'm there for an extended time are above and beyond what I'm willing/able to make on my own, haha.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    All my relatives moved out when they got married. I'm not getting married anytime soon XD

I'm under no pressure to leave. I'm still in school and that's 20 minutes away by car. Wouldn't be able to afford living on my own anyway till I get a better, more sustainable job.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Well, I recently moved out, so I guess the thing I miss most is being able to watch cable TV since it's not included in my rent xD Honestly, a great number of my "conversations" with my family were arguments so I don't miss that at all. I do kinda miss having my meals made for me but since I was easing into making mine myself even before I moved out, it wasn't that big a transition. I guess I don't like having to go to the laundromat and sitting there for an hour either.

The freedom and actually living in close proximity to, well, stuff are probably the biggest perks. Hopefully by next summer I'll move again and I can add "better weather" and "being close to my old college buddies" to that list.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i'm nervous to move out with me having anxiety and depression. the one thing i feel like i would be happy about would be me being able to be independent.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
    For those of you who are still living at home: What do you look forward to most about moving out of home?

A personal goal of mine is to move into my own home by the age of 25-26. I'm making a decent about of money now so, I rather use some of it to help out my mother just as she's helped me and save up on the side to have enough for a reasonable down payment.

But, I'm definitely looking forward to achieving that "American Dream" of owning a home. Idk, mowing the lawn? Haha, I don't come from a family of privilege so I already know I'm looking forward to the idea as a whole.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    A bot bumped this inactive thread, sorry folks. Feel free to remake it if you'd like. :)

Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back