• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Moving Pictures" Episode Discussion

Years
  • Here is where you can discuss the return of Todd (or Snap, depending on your preference) in "Moving Pictures."

My review to come forthwith.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Not much to say here I think. I mean Todd is a coolies person but really it just felt a bit random I guess to see him again. Maybe it won't be so random if Todd appeared in Hoenn or Sinnoh but it seems like he just was forgotten again.

Teeheehee Really I think I don't really remember this episode too well. I think that somebody should have gone to the Shadow Realm during this episode or the next but it didn't happen. Teeheehee

One thing that I do want to metion is that was the idea of an arc. Is it just me or did the writers try to do more arcs once they enter the third part of the Johto Saga?

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
  • Yes, the writers seemed to have the idea of creating more arcs, something that would have been cool...

I don't think Todd appear again, but may be they put him based on his appearence in Pokemon Special.. Maybe he could appear in an special episode. I don't see it imposible, but unlikely to happen.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I can't remember this episode too well. It has too much Johto on it. I think they see Articuno around this time. I hated the kid though.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    OH! It was about Articuno! I'm remembering...I remember they were on cliffs! Searching for Articuno...and Todd wanted a photo! That was the whole thing, Snap wanted a photo but ended up deciding it was too beautiful to look good as a photo? If that's what the actual episode was about, I'm amazed at my memory, being able to remmeber some random episode I saw when I was about 12 XD I must've liked the episode, then...hmm. Was the episode good?

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • Ah, this one is the frozen Sunkern one.

This episode made me lol. Todd almost gets hit by a frozen Sunkern. They seek help for the Sunkern, and stop at Random Old Lady's house. Random Old Lady tells a dramatic story about her life and her husband's death, only for her husband himself to come in tell them it was a lie. She likes lieing making interesting love stories.

-Ash: "If you can't trust an old lady, who can you trust?" XD

Here's the problem: Every year, the old couple take an anniversary photo with the Sunflora that gather around this time. But you see, no Sunflora have come this year at all. They go to someplace where they usually take the picture, get attacked by Team Rocket and blah. Aww....There are still no Sunflora.....But wait! We still have an unfrozen Sunkern! Ash uses his Sun Stone(got in some previous episode) to evolve the now un-frozen Sunkern into a Sunflora for the old couple's 50th anniversary photo. For no apparent reason, it does some sort of chant and all these Sunflora come out of nowhere! OMG! Say "cheeze"!

The deed is done, and Todd decides he wants to go find an Arcticuno. Ash and friends go too.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Ah, why don't I remember this episode...

I remember that there was an arc about Todd Snap ("Toodles" to me) trying to take a picture of Articuno, but I never knew about the frozen Sunkern until I checked in Bulbapedia. I know about Articuno, and I remember Ash and Toodles fell off a cliff after TR attacked them or something, and Articuno saved them, and then Toodles took a picture of it, then Toodles said he'll stay on the mountain, but I forgot what reason... Was it that he wants to stay there to take more pictures of Articuno, or did Toodles want to stay there to PROTECT Articuno?

Either reason, Toodles is forever gone. :'( Bye, Toodles, we'll remember you and the camera...

It's not my fault, I watched this when I was... six. Whoopie, I'm lucky I actually remember that part after seven frigging years. Be thankful I remembered that much. That image is STILL etched in my mind. :) :) Bye-ni~

Last edited:

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Well I remember that this episode started the Todd and Articuno arc but I so didn't know that the episode was about sunkern. Su.

Well it was a nice and cute episode but clearly was another one of the Johto Cookie Cutter Fillars. All I can say is that I so forgot that Ash had that Sun Stone from way back then until the last five minutes of this episode. Teeheehee

Years
  • Well I remember that this episode started the Todd and Articuno arc but I so didn't know that the episode was about sunkern. Su.

Same. I actually forgot how the episode fleshed out, so I decided to do the official discussion synopsis with the big return of Todd. Frankly, it was the real draw of the episode, really. It happens, right?

Back