• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    best rom hack. still playing today. I recommend it to my friends when they get the itch to play pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2020
    Hello,

Where do I see for example; when Clefairy learns Moonblast?

G3T doesn't show me that, not even the attack itself.

Thanks for your time.

Have a great day!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2023
    Yes, I have an expanded version of G3T that can make moves that type.

Hello,

Where do I see for example; when Clefairy learns Moonblast?

G3T doesn't show me that, not even the attack itself.

Thanks for your time.

Have a great day!

You need to edit moves editor.ini in G3T

[TYPES]
    00=Normal
    01=Fighting
    02=Flying
    03=Poison
    04=Ground
    05=Rock
    06=Bug
    07=Ghost
    08=Steel
    09=???
    0A=Fire
    0B=Water
    0C=Grass
    0D=Electric
    0E=Psychic
    0F=Ice
    10=Dragon
    11=Dark

You should find something like this. Now I can't be of much help since I am a dumbass when rom hacking but you need some magic number. I would say 17 might be it since many rom hacks seem to use that for a new typing. so like 17=Fairy but also it may be 23 so 23=Fairy. Sorry if its not much help but doing one of those may make it work.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2020
    I want to use this base for a hack I want to make, but I've run into some problems.

Basically, patching the rom was successful, and I tested it out in an emulator and all the changes work properly.
    But none of the ini files provided by MrDollSteak seem to work.
    After patching the rom and adding the ini to PGE, I get an error if I try to do anything in PGE. (the same thing happens with other editors using the ini files he provided.)

I looked through this thread and saw MrDollSteak tell someone that the ini files work, and if they don't, the person did something wrong and should follow the instructions.
    ... But where can i find the instructions? I might be blind, but I couldn't see any instructions in the Readme file, or in the original post of this thread, so I had to make wild google searches to figure out how to apply this patch.

What are the steps to apply this rom base correctly, and getting the ini files to work?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    @Mornedill
    This is an outdated ROM Base. If you want to use a ROM base for binary hacking I've heard Leon's & UltimaSoul's ROM base is much better.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2020
    @Mornedill
    This is an outdated ROM Base. If you want to use a ROM base for binary hacking I've heard Leon's & UltimaSoul's ROM base is much better.

I saw their ROM base, but it seemed like it had way too many features that I don't want, which is what made me download this one.
    The main thing I cared about was the Attack/Special split, and the fairy type was a nice addition too.

I appreciate the suggestion tho! I'll go back and take a closer look at it.

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
    Years
  • Hi, I am using your rombase, and the types are messed up. For instance, Fire type is listed as Ass. I have expanded the Pokemon to account for almost all of the Kanto and Jhoto add-on evolutions from Shinoh, and the evolutions to 8 as I have also included a spot for Sylveon, but I tested a freshly patched rom with no mods, and it still produced the same thing. Here's an image for reference, https://imgur.com/ouf04I6 Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
    Years
  • Just thought I'd bring to your attention of a minor Moonblast problem. It works just fine when the foe uses it when playing on Visual Boy Advanced, however, if you play it on the 3DS (by converting the game to a .cia and injecting it as a virtual console title a la the ambassador exclusive GBA games like Mario Kart Super Circuit), and the foe uses it, the game freezes up. The music still plays normally, it just gets stuck on "Sylveon used Moonblast" (the Pokemon which is trying to use the move). The bad part is this is happening in the Elite 4 with Gary, but a temporary fix is just a Hopeless Trainer Editor away (by changing Moonblast to something else). I would appreciate it if someone has a more permanent solution to this problem. I should note that this is not a one time problem. Sylveon just tried to use Moonblast (in a second run through), and the game froze again, and is still frozen.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    What a thing! :D

If, say I used this patch (since it has basically all the features I'm after; PSS, new moves slots etc... i.e. it'll save me a heap of time), where do I access the type chart icons to change Fairy to become my own custom type? - never mind, had a play and made it do what I was after... Woot!

I've managed to add my own type manually on a clean ROM before but I looked in the same places (in NSE) to change the icon and such with this ROM base, but they aren't there.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance... Gameboy Advance ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2020
    This is exactly what I've been looking for, however there seems to be a little problem. After applying the 1.5a patch to a clean US 1.1 version some of the game's text is all messed up and it straight up freezes when entering the first rival battle or checking the Pokémon's summary. The prompts from the "Are you a boy or a girl?" textbox for example read as "kémonIRL" and "nIRL" respectivly. Any idea what I've been doing wrong?
    I would provide screenshots but I just made this account so there's that.

Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen today
    @Cosmonster

You should use Fire Red 1.0 as base ROM. It's the standard for Fire Red that's used for binary hacking in the community.

Besides that, don't use this base. It's known to be buggy. Even Mr.Dollsteak himself recommends not to use it.
    Use the CFRU instead, or Leon and Ultimasoul's ROM base if you want to use a patch.

SleepySwampert

-def +spdef
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2021
    This is so exciting! I know it happened like 6 years ago but it's new to me. I wanted to make a rom hack with many of these features, if I can start off with them I can focus on other things. Setting it up is really confusing though and I keep getting errors when I launch it in PGE

SleepySwampert

-def +spdef
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2021
    How do I get this working in PGE?
    I'm probably talking into space right now but I can't figure it out. I open it up in PGE and try to edit the attacks but it gives me an Unhandled Exception error and all the moves are blank. My only clue is that it says Argument 'RecordNumber' is not a value but I don't know what that means. I'm searching other threads and nothing works. Can someone teach how to edit the attacks in PGE?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2022
    It looks great so far, but when I applied it, all the moves and abilities got corrupted. What did I do wrong?

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2021
    Hi there, been playing on this hack for a while. Just noticed that Natural Cure isn't working. Is there a patch for this? I noticed in the "Bugs" section of the introduction of this hack, there was link to a another post on how to fix this but i have absolutely no idea how to do what it suggests so was hoping there would be an easier way. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen today
    @Jaygore

This is a ROM base which could be used as a starting point of your own ROM hack ages ago. It's not meant as a playable game.

This ROM base has several bugs that have never been fixed. It is not in active development anymore and even Mr. Dollsteak himself doesn't recommend using it. It has been surpassed by other resources of which the CFRU is the best/most recent.

In short, don't use Mr. Dollsteak's ROM Base.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2021
    Hey guys, been a while. Next update is coming along nicely. Most of the bugs are in the process of being fixed. For those of you that don't want to wait, fair enough, so here is one of the more annoying bugs fixed:

Natural Cure Fix

Spoiler:

Had to rewrite the routine slightly, and repoint another function.

Hi there, I did this and its not working. Natural Cure still isn't healing the status aliments? Was i supposed to use a hex editor? I honestly have no idea what im doing so would really appreciate some help :)

Thanks.

Back