• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    Guys I have a question. The name of the abilities are ok, but for example, with overgrow, starts raining. Any solution?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2018
    Have any of these been fixed in 1.5a or not? The changelog indicates the Day Care bug has been fixed, but what about the others? Are the offsets still correct? I'm hesitant to poke at anything just yet.

EDIT: I am so glad I remembered this bug was here. I could not get the Day Care script to work properly, and I thought A-Map had corrupted my ROM until I remembered I never fixed it. The Day Care bug apparently needs to be fixed still if you've patched with 1.5a.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2024
    Hi, I've just noticed a bug with the ability Tinted Lens.

Rather than altering the type matchup against the opponent's type combination, it affects the matchups against the opponent's types individually. For example, when using a bug-type move against a grass/poison type it would normally do normal damage as bug is strong against grass but resisted by poison. Since the matchup overall is neutral, it should not be affected by Tinted Lens. However, bug-type moves are actually super effective against this particular combo. This would also mean that 4x resisted moves would do neutral damage, making the ability way OP. I feel kinda dirty for using Venomoth, so could you please take note of this glitch? Thanks :)

Also, a minor nitpick but the decap isn't entirely perfect. For instance, "RunNING SHOES". I know this isn't an issue for those making a ROM hack for a completely new game, but for side projects of FireRed like the one I'm working on myself it is rather annoying.

Blazing Rud

This is Blazingly Awsome!!! - Pokemon Blazing Fire
    Years
  • I have not read upper threads and i dont know if others have posted this bug but when i give gemancy to a balbasaur and start game and when battle with rival gemancy goes on forever and to test out ew moves I gave sucker punch to charmender which means chanmender can never deal damage to my balbasaur because of never ending geomacy og geomancy whatever who cares for spelling. But do someone know how do i fix it???

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • I am seeing a lot of bugs at the final page
    makes me wonder if its worth it to use this patch as base for a hack i am planning my self?

Years
  • Hey, great work!
    Two questions: What msut be in the .ini to run the rom in G3HS without problems?
    What about bugs? Are there any or are they all fixed?

Years
  • Hi, When I try to use Pokemon Game Editor PGE 3.7 with this, using the new 3.6 ini that gamer2020 posted (as there isnt a new one for 3.7 i don't think) I get an error in the errors.txt: Error! CryTable2 is missing for ROM BPRE!

Checking the ini I find CryTable=48C914

but no CryTable2 entry. Can anyone tell me the hex for this so I can add it?

Edit: If I make the seemingly dirty quick fix of just saying CryTable2=48C914 also, I then get another error: Error! DexSizeTrainerSprite is missing for ROM BPRE!
    I can only assume there are a bunch of errors waiting to be detected, and that I have done something basic completely wrong. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi, When I try to use Pokemon Game Editor PGE 3.7 with this, using the new 3.6 ini that gamer2020 posted (as there isnt a new one for 3.7 i don't think) I get an error in the errors.txt: Error! CryTable2 is missing for ROM BPRE!

Checking the ini I find CryTable=48C914

but no CryTable2 entry. Can anyone tell me the hex for this so I can add it?

Edit: If I make the seemingly dirty quick fix of just saying CryTable2=48C914 also, I then get another error: Error! DexSizeTrainerSprite is missing for ROM BPRE!
    I can only assume there are a bunch of errors waiting to be detected, and that I have done something basic completely wrong. What am I doing wrong?

Open your roms.ini (PGE)
    Go to [BPRE] section
    Check at the bottom and copy whatever you need to your MrDollSteak ini (from TradeData in my case)

Years
  • Open your roms.ini (PGE)
    Go to [BPRE] section
    Check at the bottom and copy whatever you need to your MrDollSteak ini (from TradeData in my case)

Brilliant thank you.

I have fixed the problems with the PGE pokemon editor but I get an error still with the PGE trade editor: InvalidArgument-Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'
    Parameter name: SelectedIndex

Can't find any .ini entries called SelectedIndex so I don't know what to do here. Does the trade editor just not work for this rombase?

Years
  • Brilliant thank you.

I have fixed the problems with the PGE pokemon editor but I get an error still with the PGE trade editor: InvalidArgument-Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'
    Parameter name: SelectedIndex

Can't find any .ini entries called SelectedIndex so I don't know what to do here. Does the trade editor just not work for this rombase?

Use the attached ini. Also take in count this:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9213057&postcount=15

Attachments

• MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase 1.5a.ini
      4.8 KB · Views: 120
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I'm heaving trouble, I've patched the 1.0 rom of firered, but how do you add fairy types exactly? I am very lost at this part, can someone help?

KingJay

That Guy
    Years
  • I applied the patch to a clean Fire Red Rom, and replaced the .ini file in G3HS with the one provided. When I try to open the rom in G3HS though it works fine at first, but when I load up a Pokemon I get this error message:

"Moves have not been fully loaded because there was an error. Either not enough moves were loaded due to a bad number in the ini or the learned move data offset is bad/corrupted. The error occurred trying to read move #x(changes with each pokemon). The correct number of moves is: 354."

Years
  • seeing i have problems with various tools with this patch i plan to use your advice, but i dont fully understand what gamer2020 meant in the link you send
    could you by any chance explain in a bit more dept for me?

The advice is only for PGE. That means you can make a custom ini for each base you use without modify or swapping the original ini. For other tools you need to use the provided ini in the download and follow the instructions on the first post (those about G3HS compatibility).

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    I applied the patch to a clean Fire Red Rom, and replaced the .ini file in G3HS with the one provided. When I try to open the rom in G3HS though it works fine at first, but when I load up a Pokemon I get this error message:

"Moves have not been fully loaded because there was an error. Either not enough moves were loaded due to a bad number in the ini or the learned move data offset is bad/corrupted. The error occurred trying to read move #x(changes with each pokemon). The correct number of moves is: 354."

After you replace the ini file in G3HS open the ini file find [MrDS] and change that to [0000] and it should work fine.

^That's also for everyone else who wants to use G3HS on the rombase.

Last edited:

KingJay

That Guy
    Years
  • After you replace the ini file in G3HS open the ini file find [MrDS] and change that to [0000] and it should work fine.

^That's also for everyone else who wants to use G3HS on the rombase.

Thank you so much! I was just about ready to give up ^^

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • ok i placed the ini in pge that Icco shared
    no change...

and i dont get much of an what the problem is report either
    opening pokemon editor

[qoute]
    unhandled exception has occurred in your applocation. if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. ifyou click quit, the application wil close immediately

conversion from string "" to type 'double' is not valid[/qoute]

Back