• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music

Do you play with music off or on?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    I usually turn it on but I turn it to really less sound.
    I turn it on really loud when I like the music, and I turn it off only when the music sucks or if my dad tells me to turn it off.

eNz

Stealthy.
    Years
    Usually I will listen to my iPod while I play, but sometimes I forget it and am forced too >.>

I NEVER play silent.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Moving to General Pokemon Gaming as this question isn't HGSS specific.

I normally listen to the in-game music actually, but it does depend on the game to a degree... HGSS it's definately me listening to the ingame music. Thanks nostalgia. XD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Playing any video game without music is like watching a movie without the soundtrack. How could you play it like that? D:

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Playing any video game without music is like watching a movie without the soundtrack. How could you play it like that? D:
    I'd like to do that actually, just out of interest to see how much epic value POTC or LOTR loses...

Anyway, as I said recently in a thread in Other Entertainment, I probably would turn the music off in most games and therefore including Pokemon, but there's no environmental sound, so it'd just be horribly empty to play that way. Turning the music off and playing my own is something I only tend to do in Advance Wars, since hearing the same two CO themes interchange each turn for a hundred turns can become grating. Even then, I'm a head/earphone user, so can only listen to one device at a time; for me no music generally means no sound effects either. :(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The only music in the games I care for are the ones for important battles (crime bosses, Elite Four, Gym Leaders) and the themes that play as you're battling the evil team. The rest of the time, I typically have the game music off and play some of my MP3's.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    Usually I'll play it with the in-game music but if I'm playing it late at night or if I'm bored of the game music I'll listen to my iPod. The only music from the Pokémon games I avoid listening to is the Lavender town music from Pokémon Blue, it just creeps me out. xD

The Red Chain

I usually play with it off unless there's a soundtrack on the game that I know I'll like.
    Or there is a huge event coming up and I wanna listen to the music to get the feeling of the game.. like the battle with Red in HGSS.
    I spoil myself usually by listening to most of Pokemon's new game's soundtracks before the game is even released. </3

Back