• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Musical instruments?

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
  • How have I not found this thread before? I'm actually a music student at a university, studying to be a music teacher. Specifically, my goal is to be a band director, but I intend to teach all kinds of classes and ensembles at various levels.

My primary instrument is percussion - drums, keyboard percussion, etc. I've also played piano since I was 6 years old, and that's really where I got my start to where I am today. As a Music Education student, I take classes where I learn to play pretty much all instruments (got to learn something before you can teach it!); so far, I can play trombone, tuba, baritone/euphonium, flute, clarinet, and saxophone. I also sing a little. So yeah . . . don't mean to brag or anything, but that's me! :P

I had the exact same feeling when I came across this thread, hahah. I'm also studying to be a music teacher, and I had absolutely no idea there were so many musicians here! I don't feel like being a band director, but I would love to teach music to smaller children, teaching them different rhythms, playing together and just let them be creative. Stuff like that. :D

I've been studying music theory on my own for a long time, and I play self-taught piano, drums, harmonica and bass guitar. My main instrument is the guitar, which is also mostly self-taught. I've now been studying Music for one and a half year at a Danish Gymnasium, and I'm learning much more rapidly now! I wouldn't say I'm a wonderchild or a masterly, musical genius or anything, but I'm definitely skilled, (hahah) and I'll keep practicing 'til I die.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Played the recorder from 1-6th grade because it was mandatory for music class, and I played the guitar for 4 years (3rd-7th) before quitting music instruments altogether.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    → Are there any musical instruments you guys played before?
    Yes, and I have been since I was 7 years old.

→ Is there any you are playing currently?
    I currently just like playing the piano, and have continued since when I've first started. Though I like singing all the time as well, but that's not an instrument, just my talent. ;)

→ Is there any you would like to play?
    I definitely want to learn how to play the guitar. However I couldn't spend time practicing on one nor learning the chords and whatnot, when I don't even own one at the moment. :(

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • Always had the interest for the drums and the piano, but never got around to doing anything.

I think that guitars are also cool, but I won't think about playing it. >_<

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I learned to play the guitar when I was 7, and even now I'll take it out and play it, though I haven't been able to lately.

My main (and favorite) instrument is the Cello. I learned to play it in the fifth grade and still play it to this day.

As for insturments I want to learn, I'd say the Piano. My parents have this nice one that my dad inherited and I've always wanted to be able to play it.

Schmutz

Franatic
    Years
  • I don't know how anyone can play a viola, with that freaky alto clef you have to learn to read.

My two main instruments are piano and clarinet. I've been playing piano for seven years and clarinet for six. I also can play guitar well, but I haven't picked one up for a long time. I would LOVE to play the violin, but I kinda need to get one first... :l

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Play the Piano/Keyboard. Would love to learnt to play the Acoustic Guitar or Drums :)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • /and after watching 11 episodes of an anime about musical instruments I finally notice this thread

I currently play trombone, and have been doing so since fourth grade :3 I don't plan on stopping, even in college. Heck, if all else fails regarding what I want to major in, I'm considering getting some kind of music degree.

I have also played a little bit of recorder, and I self-taught myself some ocarina and piano, the latter using my trombone music to do so. Next year I hope to take a Piano class so I can further my studies in piano.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I can't play any instruments, but I would absolutely love to be able to play the keyboard. I have a keyboard program for my computer, but I can't find the actual keyboard to go with it, just the disks.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I play guitar and bass but I've been too busy to play either recently and my skills are probably lacking because of that.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I play Viola. Next year I'm hoping to switch to the Violin because they get all the good parts. I would also like to play Cello some time in my life. Guitar is awesome too. We have a piano so I'm thinking about learning that.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • I'm currently trying to learn guitar, but it's kinda annoying as my fingers are too big for the fretboard. I'd love to try and learn the drums as I've messed about with them before, and I find them pretty easy, but we don't have the money for a drumkit. >:

Years
  • I'm currently trying to learn guitar, but it's kinda annoying as my fingers are too big for the fretboard. I'd love to try and learn the drums as I've messed about with them before, and I find them pretty easy, but we don't have the money for a drumkit. >:

Dude, if you want to get good at drums I'd really recommend getting a second-hand kit on eBay or whatever trading site you use in America. They don't sound amazing, but they do the job and they're great to practice on. My friend managed to score one for $180. Unless you're going to be playing gigs as a drummer (and you can't just use the drum kit of one of the bands you're playing with) then not having a great sounding drum kit isn't a big deal.

Aurora01

Goodbye
    Years
  • I can play guitar and I recently started playing piano.
    It's going good, but my progress is slow... -_-;

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I play Bass Clari. Yeah, Syd!
    It's pretty awesome. XD
    I also play a bit of guitar, but I wish I could spend more time on it.
    I also dabble in piano a bit, but I'm not very good.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • I have played the piano for seven years, the trumpet for four years, and the guitar for half a year.
    I want to learn these instruments (in order): french horn, cello, trombone, bassoon, saxophone and tuba.
    Yes I know I'm a band freak.

Back