• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My art, yesyes?

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    This is mostly just a gallery for my stuff, but feel free to critique. I know some of you have an opinion.

Go ahead and critique me how you will. Even if I react negatively at first, I'll probably end up taking your advice in the end. harsh criticisms are the best... Especially those that emphasize the little details that ruin the big picture... I try to find them but sometimes they slip by. :\

I'll add more as I can... And until my Tablet is reordered it'll just be pencil drawings or mouse doodles. But yeah... Critique how you see fit. :)

Colored Pencil Eagle
    Spoiler:

Dragon
    Spoiler:

Wolf
    Spoiler:

Latias with Vulpix Plushie
    Spoiler:

Lion-bird-snake chimaera of sorts
    Spoiler:

Realistic Wargle
    Spoiler:

Realistic Jolteon (WIP)
    Spoiler:

Colorful bird
    Spoiler:

Lion and Tiger
    Spoiler:

Minato Namikaze Lion
    Spoiler:

Just Let Me Dream
    Spoiler:

Tiger drawing - poor pencil shading

Spoiler:

Red fox with fail background.
    Spoiler:

Shadow sketch
    Spoiler:

Baby lion with pokeplushies (digital)
    Spoiler:

Blur abuse Lion
    Spoiler:

Kogura (Creature for my NaNoWriMo story)
    Spoiler:

Another fail realistic wargle
    Spoiler:

Wolf and tiger
    Spoiler:

Lion and tiger - in battle-ish
    Spoiler:

Reply how you will. :)
    I'll add more art as it comes up.

Last edited:

The Fire Hazard

Littly Baby Tododile
    Years
  • I'm diggin' the two birds :D They're the best, in my opinion. One thing i would say you might have to work on is digital art, but then again it's harder than drawing with a pencil or pen.

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Your art is well detailed and awesome. :P
    I like them all. Good job with those.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • You're good. ^^ I especially liked the eagle. The only thing I'd suggest is focusing more on the smaller details, i.e. the eagle's feathers. I also think you could spend a little more time on your pencil sketches. They're very well laid-out but your strokes seem a bit rushed and chaotic. Otherwise it looks like you're developing a very nice sense of anatomy, and for what it's worth, you work better with a mouse than I ever could. xD

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I'm diggin' the two birds :D They're the best, in my opinion. One thing i would say you might have to work on is digital art, but then again it's harder than drawing with a pencil or pen.

Yes. Yes it is. I usually did it with a mouse so I felt I had to miss a few details to save my appendages due to my obsession over it. Haha

Once I get my own tablet, however, I will improve. I was honestly just playing with it.

Your art is well detailed and awesome. :P
    I like them all. Good job with those.

Thank you! I hope to improve.... Because we all know I have a lot of room to.

You're good. ^^ I especially liked the eagle. The only thing I'd suggest is focusing more on the smaller details, i.e. the eagle's feathers. I also think you could spend a little more time on your pencil sketches. They're very well laid-out but your strokes seem a bit rushed and chaotic. Otherwise it looks like you're developing a very nice sense of anatomy, and for what it's worth, you work better with a mouse than I ever could. xD

Yeah. The eagle was colored pencil practice. I think if I did it again I'd add feathers but I just wanted a graphite free drawing,. haha

And yes. I tend to get very chaotic with my pencil strokes. It's a habit I want to break myself of, but it's harder than I thought it would be, ya know? Old habits die hard after all.

Going to update with a major pencil shading fail to emphasize the afore-mentioned stroke problem.

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
    Years
  • I'm most charmed by the Chimaera, the skill of which you can etch things with the black and white looks fantastic!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I'm most charmed by the Chimaera, the skill of which you can etch things with the black and white looks fantastic!

Thank you! I did that on scratchboard. But I over scratched a few spots.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I don;t think so, I can still clearly see what it is, and I ilke your way of showing value.

Thanks. but I did over do a few spots. The white started crumbling in those spots. It does still look good though

Years
  • The eagle drawn in colored pencil is really excellent. My favorite out of these art is the wolf, possible due to my abnormal love towards wolves. :). Your detail is very good.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Some of the colored-pencil drawings seemed a bit messy with the coloring in, but other than that I liked them. I tend to color things in with colored pencil the same way. :S

I especially like the Lion and Tiger ones you did with the DAMuro thing and the tablet. (b'-')b

And do you purposely draw animals from the left side of their faces, or is that a coincidence? Just wondering, I notice weird things like that..... :S

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Some of the colored-pencil drawings seemed a bit messy with the coloring in, but other than that I liked them. I tend to color things in with colored pencil the same way. :S

I especially like the Lion and Tiger ones you did with the DAMuro thing and the tablet. (b'-')b

And do you purposely draw animals from the left side of their faces, or is that a coincidence? Just wondering, I notice weird things like that..... :S

Umm that's always been easier for me. The right side view tends to be harder for me. So it turns out funky. (I noticed it too. Haha)

I'm told it's because I'm right handed but I don't believe that hunk of malarky for a second.

Thanks for the compliments though. c:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Updated with a fox picture!!!
    Though it looks more wolf-ish now that I look at it. Hahaha.

SIN1488

Years
  • I think the fox was really good actually, the background doesn't really matter but it looks better than just white paper. :D

And speaking of the background, you can see some indented things right above the fox's body, probably from when you drew something on the papers above it. XD

If you do backgrounds in the future, you should probably make sure you are using individual pieces of paper, that way they don't leave indents onto each other. (b'-')b

And on the cat one, it seems like it was kind of rushed, imo.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I think the fox was really good actually, the background doesn't really matter but it looks better than just white paper. :D

And speaking of the background, you can see some indented things right above the fox's body, probably from when you drew something on the papers above it. XD

If you do backgrounds in the future, you should probably make sure you are using individual pieces of paper, that way they don't leave indents onto each other. (b'-')b

And on the cat one, it seems like it was kind of rushed, imo.

Indeed. But the indents were because on the sketchbook page before it I was fighting with pens. I had to add a lot of pressure so that showed through on the next page and I didn't notice until it was too late. Haha.

And the cat WAS rushed. Good eye. After all, my cat is a living thing and won't stay in one position forever. I wanted to finish it before she left the room.

SIN1488

Years
  • Ah, I didn't read that part, so I didn't know it was a live subject, :P

That's different then, and if you want some inspiration on pencil drawings of cats, here's something:
    Spoiler:

Look up "Paul Lung pencil art" if you want to see more of his stuff. :D

And keep up the good work. :D

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    wow you have such amazing art, I love the way you shade your drawings, they look like sketches back in the day when people didn't have cameras :)

Why thank you. :)
    Didn't realize I had that quality. Haha

Updated with two new pictures!
    I have a tablet now guys!

Last edited:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Multiple posting to notify of yet another update.

Concepts of my own unique creature.... Hopefully unique. I dunno really. ._.

Back