• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My art, yesyes?

Agent Clank

Bye PC
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Like I told you in VM's, I love your art.
    Its just so great, and you have your own unique drawing style, that I like.
    Keep up the good work, thats all I have to say.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Very unique drawings!

What tends to bother me is how they always seem to be in the same stance. I'm not sure if you prefer it that way or if its just random.

But otherwise, this is true potential. You make the colours flow easily and you seem to have quite a knowledge of a variety of styles.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Very unique drawings!

What tends to bother me is how they always seem to be in the same stance. I'm not sure if you prefer it that way or if its just random.

But otherwise, this is true potential. You make the colours flow easily and you seem to have quite a knowledge of a variety of styles.

Oh my god... i never noticed that. ._.
    Note to self: work on more poses. aha

Thanks for the compliments though. Haha

metronome

dinosaurs are cool
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2011
    Try using more varied colours in your digital stuff, rather than just adjusting the value scale and making colours darker. Right now, the colours are a bit unrealistic; they are much too saturated, with no presence of the duller colours that come with shadows. This works in some of the works that have that cartoony, bright style (Baby lion w/ pokeplushies), but on your more realistic lion and tiger pictures, it falls short.

Your traditionals are better; but I would suggest that you keep looking at and drawing different textures in order to get a more realistic look.

They're good. Keep drawing. :D

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I can see you really like drawing big cats/ dogs/ animals realistically.. But I can't stress enough that in order to make them realistically BELIEVEABLE you need to reference. You're on the right track and your drawing is impressive but you need to pay more attention to proportion and forshortening.

I hope you don't mind that I gave you a critique:
    Remember that even with running poses that your character needs to have BALANCE study how a real animal moves and then try tackling this piece again!

Untitled-1-5.jpg

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I can see you really like drawing big cats/ dogs/ animals realistically.. But I can't stress enough that in order to make them realistically BELIEVEABLE you need to reference. You're on the right track and your drawing is impressive but you need to pay more attention to proportion and forshortening.

I hope you don't mind that I gave you a critique:
    Remember that even with running poses that your character needs to have BALANCE study how a real animal moves and then try tackling this piece again!

Untitled-1-5.jpg

Actually I'm rather glad you critiqued me. I don't really have the resources at my own house to study these things.... and I'm too spacey when I'm around them. I could study my own cats but that doesn't seem like enough.

Thanks for the redline too. It's really gonna help.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Actually I'm rather glad you critiqued me. I don't really have the resources at my own house to study these things.... and I'm too spacey when I'm around them. I could study my own cats but that doesn't seem like enough.

Thanks for the redline too. It's really gonna help.

Life is always best, but it's not bad to look at pictures once in a while too! OR video. People forget to practice their memory-drawing too. Try looking at videos of tigers/ big cats and try drawing from your imagination but also using some of the information you see online.. cause when something's moving, you get to see it in 3D space and understand it better.

Just give it a shot. You have the potential. Keep drawing! Your stuff is already great but you want to take it to the next level so just keep drawing and you'll get it!

Good luck!

Also make it a point to differentiate your animals. A cheetah looks very different from a panther for example. Try to analyze it and see if you can spot the differences in face SHAPE (not colour, etc) but just silhouette or profile of the animal. It'll help. (even I have a tough time too and I've been doing it for a while!)

help2.jpg

Just keep going with it but never forget about structure!

Last edited:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Life is always best, but it's not bad to look at pictures once in a while too! OR video. People forget to practice their memory-drawing too. Try looking at videos of tigers/ big cats and try drawing from your imagination but also using some of the information you see online.. cause when something's moving, you get to see it in 3D space and understand it better.

Just give it a shot. You have the potential. Keep drawing! Your stuff is already great but you want to take it to the next level so just keep drawing and you'll get it!

Good luck!

Also make it a point to differentiate your animals. A cheetah looks very different from a panther for example. Try to analyze it and see if you can spot the differences in face SHAPE (not colour, etc) but just silhouette or profile of the animal. It'll help. (even I have a tough time too and I've been doing it for a while!)

help2.jpg

Just keep going with it but never forget about structure!

Oh my god... You are like... the most awesome fatasmical help ever. and I love you for that. XD

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Haha no problem. I was even thinking of starting a help thread but I don't know if many people want drawovers.. haha.. I'm no master but I'm glad I could help.

Well you're much better than me. :)
    If you did I'd probably like... stalk it or something. XD

That looks great :D you have good style I look forward to seeing more :D

Thanks. :3
    I'll put up my latest soon enough. Hehe

Last edited:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Another updaaaaate!!
    not like anyone cares but still XD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Hey I've noticed some big improvement!

I was just curious.. what sort of program are you using to paint your stuff? It might be hindering you a little bit with your technique.. so I was curious and wanted to give some tips with painting for you!

Back