• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My art, yesyes?

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Hey I've noticed some big improvement!

I was just curious.. what sort of program are you using to paint your stuff? It might be hindering you a little bit with your technique.. so I was curious and wanted to give some tips with painting for you!

I've improved? Thank you!
    Well for my digi art I actually use paint tool SAI. My tablet came with Corel but I'm not quite as good with it yet.
    Any tips you give would be greatly appreciated and I'll most likely follow them to the best of my ability. :)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I've improved? Thank you!
    Well for my digi art I actually use paint tool SAI. My tablet came with Corel but I'm not quite as good with it yet.
    Any tips you give would be greatly appreciated and I'll most likely follow them to the best of my ability. :)

Well I have a mac so I can't use paint tool sai.. and I don't have corel but what I notice with your stuff is that you almost overlay your colour on top and you don't tend to define your edges which.. although it makes a lot of your stuff have a nice graphic quality to it... it also makes a lot of elements in your work fall a little flat.

I recommend trying a different type of colouring technique to try.. maybe try something with more definition to practice? Does paint tool sai have layers? Perhaps you should experiment with those! :33
    Then after you've done that.. you'll be pretty surprised with yourself coming back to this sorta style of painting.. cause you'll find that you're able to lie down colours and shadows much more easliy. Couldn't hurt to give it a shot!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Well I have a mac so I can't use paint tool sai.. and I don't have corel but what I notice with your stuff is that you almost overlay your colour on top and you don't tend to define your edges which.. although it makes a lot of your stuff have a nice graphic quality to it... it also makes a lot of elements in your work fall a little flat.

I recommend trying a different type of colouring technique to try.. maybe try something with more definition to practice? Does paint tool sai have layers? Perhaps you should experiment with those! :33
    Then after you've done that.. you'll be pretty surprised with yourself coming back to this sorta style of painting.. cause you'll find that you're able to lie down colours and shadows much more easliy. Couldn't hurt to give it a shot!

Never thought about that. /shot for stating the obvious
    Sai and corel both have layers... And I do use them, but I guess not as well as I should. Hehe
    Definition coloring technique? Any reccomendations?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Never thought about that. /shot for stating the obvious
    Sai and corel both have layers... And I do use them, but I guess not as well as I should. Hehe
    Definition coloring technique? Any reccomendations?

Hmm.. Well there are a lot of styles out there but why not try something like the art in your signature. It's really linework heavy.. so it might be a good challenge for you. I see you really like to block things in with shapes of colour but trying something that's more linework or inking heavy might help you out!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Hmm.. Well there are a lot of styles out there but why not try something like the art in your signature. It's really linework heavy.. so it might be a good challenge for you. I see you really like to block things in with shapes of colour but trying something that's more linework or inking heavy might help you out!

So more linework oriented? I could try that out. :3
    Wouldn't kill me.
    Thanks for all the advice Kura.

Gun Gear Alpha

pink Is awsome
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2010
    Dang school computers >-<. I wish I could see your drawings. Another Program is gimp, I rarely use it now. I dont know if the lastest version has layers though.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Dang school computers >-<. I wish I could see your drawings. Another Program is gimp, I rarely use it now. I dont know if the lastest version has layers though.

Awww sadness. :C
    I wish you could see them.
    Gimp huh? I have a friend that uses that...

Back