• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Brother - Prayers needed!

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
  • I'm not a religious person, but I will keep your brother in my thoughts. I hope for his swift recovery. ^^

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    ... I hope he recovers soon. I will pray for him, even though I'm not that religious.

Years
  • I don't know how to pray, never done it, so instead I will just say that I wish your brother all the best for a quick and smooth recovery. Hope all goes well and that he's up and about soon.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • well, that sucks.
    hard.

I really feel sorry for you.
    It must be hard to go through not knowing if your sibling is going to live or die ><"

But the smoker thing, um... I would have to go out of my way to be a ass and say that perhaps this could've been prevented.

You got my hope, though.
    I hope everything is going to hbe fine for your brother.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    This is exactly the reason why you shouldn't smoke, no offence but it's really his own fault & unfortunately now a bit too late as effects of emphysema are irreversible.

I hope he improves anyway - collapsed lungs are treatable though difficult to live with. Also he should stop smoking (as should the rest of your family before it's too late) give them some nicotine patches or something.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • I wish your brother, you, and the rest of your family the very best in the coming days. I hate seeing people in pain.

So don't be. You'll all be fine.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I've got some really bad news - my little brother's in the hospital for a collasped lung. The doctor said something about emphasema too. (everyone but me in my family are smokers - my grandpa just died from emphasema a few weeks ago too. But he's only 18!) Guys, I'm really worried and I could REALLY use your prayers. Thanks.
    Well like some others here I'm not one to be religious, but I hope that it means something when I say I will pray for you, your brother, and your family. Try not to lose hope during this time, because that is where you gain strength from.

And sorry if this is offensive because it's meant as a joke, but at first i thought you were saying your grandpa was 18 form the way you phrased it, and I was kinda like how does that work...?:embarrass

Well, I am sure your little brother will come out fine, I know what it feels like to have a family member in hospital, my mum is in their for breast cancer, and she could die!
    That also sucks man, I'll keep you and your mum in my prayers as well... I lost my mom from the same thing at your age, so I know what you must be going through and hope to god you won't have to experience what I have.

Good luck to the both of you. Remember that life is hard, but as long as you have hope, you'll be able to persevere through the good times and the bad. (A little corny I know, but do take it to heart from someone who has lost people who were close to him).

N-XIGE

Ascension: Success Story
    Years
  • I sympathize with you, I lost my aunt to breast cancer...it was bad...but I guess we just lacked the right faith...

I'll pray for your brother when I pray, and now too...and also for your mother Darkmaster.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I sympathize with you, I lost my aunt to breast cancer...it was bad...but I guess we just lacked the right faith...
    I don't think you can blame your faith for what happened, you shouldn't. No one should. In this world we shouldn't blame things on that which is out of our hands, because essentially we end up blaming our own selves (i didn't pray enough, didn't go to church enough, I was a horrible child thus god is punishing me). There might be a lot of could of, should of, would ofs, but the past has already occurred, and we can't go back and change that. What happens happens, you have to hold strong no matter what the outcome is.

Assolute-Amore

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
    Years
  • I'm not a very religious person, but I know how that is.. my oldest sister had the same type of thing happen before, because she's a smoker AND has asthma, but even after that, she still won't stop smoking.. it's really scary

I hope everything's ok!

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2009
    Thank you all very much - I just got an update this morning. They removed the chest tube last night and it didn't close his lung up, so now he'll have to think about surgery around monday, but for the moment he's fine. Ha ha, he was cursing at his video game when I called (my mom brought his ps3 up there so he wouldn't get too bored) My brother's a game freak - but come to think of it, so am I. ^_^

OMGosh! I will certainly keep her in my prayers, *Dark* Master. I had an aunt that had it and survived, so I have complete faith that your family member will too - heck, they have to be close to a vaccine anyways, you know, with what they're always saying on the news. I will keep your mom in my prayers.

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
  • Thank you all very much - I just got an update this morning. They removed the chest tube last night and it didn't close his lung up, so now he'll have to think about surgery around monday, but for the moment he's fine. Ha ha, he was cursing at his video game when I called (my mom brought his ps3 up there so he wouldn't get too bored) My brother's a game freak - but come to think of it, so am I. ^_^

OMGosh! I will certainly keep her in my prayers, *Dark* Master. I had an aunt that had it and survived, so I have complete faith that your family member will too - heck, they have to be close to a vaccine anyways, you know, with what they're always saying on the news. I will keep your mom in my prayers.

Good to hear that he is doing better! ^_^
    I will continue praying for his good health.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • wow, usually i wouldn't do this, but a lot of my family and friends smoke............i really hope he gets better. tell him everyone here at Pokecommunity is praying for him :)

Back