• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My girlfriend FINALLY started playing Pokémon!!!

hever

猿も木から落ちる
Years
  • Congratulations?

No. I started playing pokemon all by myself. Quite proud of that accomplishment, actually.

PokeTrader

A.K.A. Panda
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    I don't think she'll be your girlfriend for long O_o unless she's a complete Poke-freak, but I doubt she is since she just started. Pokemans isn't really something chicks like from experience.

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • Haha, congrats xD

I wish I could find a boyfriend that plays Pokemon o_o nobody around where I live seems to play it any more.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Haha, congrats xD

I wish I could find a boyfriend that plays Pokemon o_o nobody around where I live seems to play it any more.

Gee, Me too! You're not alone, Most people in my country (Indonesia) isn't like Pokemon much than me. Well, to brownkidd, Congratulation. Having a girlfriend love Pokemon is the greatest thing you could have ever find. I guess I'm gonna Love Pokemon forever. Even no one of my friend likes it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Mine already likes Pokemon and his favourite generation was generation 2, like me, so all's good. :3

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I sort of got my girlfriend into Pokemon. She really likes the contests in RSE, and I was actually really proud of how much effort she put into it (she went online and did research to find good combos, and then caught Pokemon with the proper natures, etc. But, she's not that into beating the actual game. She's sort of cooled down for a bit, which is dangerous, but she wants a DS for her birthday, and since its close to Christmas, I might just get her a DS and Soul Silver.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Haha, congrats xD

Same I know what you mean. I am the loner in my class who still plays Pokemon (And I go to an all girls school so haha bad luck finding one)

My mom told me the other day to teach her how to play Sonic riders on my PS2 - it was kinda creepy. Something tells me the next thing she'll ask to play is Pokemon

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    You have an account on a pokemon forum AND a girlfriend?

Someone give this guy a medal.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • My boyfriend was always making fun of me when I was playing pokemon and he freaked out every time when I started to talk about the game and how it works (he was mad because he didn't understand a thing about it).

But recently he watched me play SS again and then a miracle happened. He wanted to play it. So I suggested him to restart my game and try it.

Then hours later I barely got my game back -_- Sadly he just liked the battles and gave pokemon stupid nicknames like "Sheep" (Mareep), unlike myself, who prefers to read all of the stuff that the NPCs tell you... But whatever, it was fun watching him play for the first time. He was so excited when his character talked to his starter Cindaquil <3

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I don't think I've ever got anyone into Pokemon. I've told my friends to start playing it again, and they did, for about a month or so and they just gave up. I figure if they want to play, they'll pick the game up themselves and there's no point in forcing them. Although, it would be nice to find someone to talk to about Pokemon - that understands it in a deeper view and meaning.

As for how I found out about Pokemon, I think I got into it through the video games when a friend of mine sold me Pokemon Blue form £5 as he was "bored of catching the same things over and over again." I didn't agree with that mentality after playing it myself. Best purchase I've done because it got me into Pokemon.

AmusedRaccoon

Dilettante
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Playing HG and SS side-by-side was totally worth buying my boyfriend a DS. Maybe.

Also, not to be all sappy or anything, but our relationship was interstate until around the time HGSS came out, and we even trained up teams on Red/Blue and Silver/Crystal (I don't know how his Silver cartridge still functions, because neither my games do) so we could battle it old school when we finally got the chance. It was like a bottom-tier relationship-defining thing for a while, and it was pretty nice.

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
  • We've been together 8 whole years, all of which I've been consistently playing each new Pokémon game. I've tried getting her to play a gazillion times, but she can never get past the beginning. She's not familiar with RPGs and didn't like the random battles.

Well, we're going to the NY Comic Con/Anime Fest this year and she's cosplaying as Dawn, so she figures she should play the games. So tonight she picked up a copy of Platinum!!!

She's liking it so far, and I have a feeling she'll like it a lot more once the game opens up and she has more to do. She's a HUGE animal crossing fan and loved trying to get EVERY item in the game, so I think she'll have fun trying to catch 'em all and decorating her secret base.

She says if she likes it, she'll get Silver or Gold next. I'm the happiest dude alive right now!!!

Anybody else try getting their significant others to get into Pokémon? Did it work?

Wow!! Congratulations!! I wish mine liked (or at least understood) any of the things I like!

Haha, congrats xD

Marry me!

Mewtwo152

nomnomnomnonmnom
    Years
  • Nah, I've never had a thing where I forced it on a significant other, but all my friends play it, except one, who the rest of us managed to get back to it. Funny thing was, the only reason any one of us found this out was because my Pokewalker wouldn't shut up, because I'd forgotten to shut off the sound.

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
  • Congrats :D too bad most guys here are either afraid to admit that they are still into Pokemon, but I always run into girls who are like all out with it so I join in with them when I can xD I don't think I was able to actually get someone into the game, but I did come close to making my best guy pal a Pokefreak when he got ruby...unfortunately he lost it ._. but his inspiration was inspired when my friend brought in her emerald and diamond one day in gym xD talk about he wanted to steal that thing lol. Now he seriously wants a DS so he can buy platinum...if only I had an extra copy I'd give it to him so I could have a Pokebuddy :3

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • Hell I've never told any of my girlfriends that I like Pokemon!
    No one around my area plays it, anyone who even thought about it would get the p*ss ripped out of him. (or her)
    If I could find a girl that liked Pokemon as much as me then I'd probably marry her on the spot haha

Back