• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen My quest for a shiny starter (Fennekin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Update: After 7477 resets. Its finally happened. October 16th - 10th November. That took a long time, but god i am so happy.

shinyyes.jpg

Thanks for sticking with me guys.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had Pokemon Y for 2 days and i haven't got the shiny just yet. 712 resets. It doesnt help that it takes ages to get to the pokemon screen.
    I'm kind of dying to play it but i do this with every pokemon game. Start off with a shiny.

Just to make sure im not doing it wrong; I saved just before sitting down with the group of friends, and ive been waiting until i can open my menu. Thats the correct point to see if its shiny right? Or is it when you choose out of three of them.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've had Pokemon Y for 2 days and i haven't got the shiny just yet. 712 resets. It doesnt help that it takes ages to get to the pokemon screen.
    I'm kind of dying to play it but i do this with every pokemon game. Start off with a shiny.

Just to make sure im not doing it wrong; I saved just before sitting down with the group of friends, and ive been waiting until i can open my menu. Thats the correct point to see if its shiny right? Or is it when you choose out of three of them.

I dought that they would make them shiny on the choosing screen... So either way you're probably doing to right!

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    I dought that they would make them shiny on the choosing screen... So either way you're probably doing to right!

I agree, it doesnt look like its on that screen. I remember there was one game that you could see if they were shiny on the choosing screen, so you basically had 3 chances instead of one.

I can't remember which game though.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Heart gold and Soul Silver had them show as being shiny when you could look through all 3 of them. However in X/Y you have to pick one of them first before you will know if they are shiny or not. Wish they kept old style though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    better way to do this get a ditto and put them both in the pokemon day care center

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • I wish you luck! I remember SR'ing for a Shiny Totodile in Soul Silver a while back... definitely didn't have the patience that you have. You'll have to let us know how things go!

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • In X and Y you have to do battle with your starter to see if its shiny. I got my shiny Froakie in Y and it didn't show up shiny on the choosing screen. As an alternative you could always do the Matsuda Method to breed an shiny.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    In X and Y you have to do battle with your starter to see if its shiny. I got my shiny Froakie in Y and it didn't show up shiny on the choosing screen. As an alternative you could always do the Matsuda Method to breed an shiny.

Wait, after you get out of your chair you can press menu to check your pokemon. Wouldnt it show shiny there?

I haven't even gotten to the battle part yet.

Reactions: Sun

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    I feel your pain :/ I mean, I've actually played through almost the whole game, but I'm at the last gym leader and suddenly began MM'ing for a shiny pumpkaboo. I'm at 100+ eggs and two days of not playing through the actual game or training my team :/ it's quite agonising.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I think I was actually at about 700 for Torchic in Sapphire when I gave up. Probably about 2000 when my Moltres appeared. Good luck to you sir.

I feel your pain :/ I mean, I've actually played through almost the whole game, but I'm at the last gym leader and suddenly began MM'ing for a shiny pumpkaboo. I'm at 100+ eggs and two days of not playing through the actual game or training my team :/ it's quite agonising.

Dude I feel ya. Running through the grass for shiny Pumpkaboo. Haven't played for real in days. Race ya.

Years
  • I'm soft resetting for Fennekin too! As you might be able to tell from my siggy I'm used to not playing the game so that I can find shinies lol
    Would you like to race??

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2016
    I'm in the same boat but for a Chespin. I'm at around 1200 resets though. A couple nights on my late shift alone in a store allows for a lot of SRing time at one in the morning.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    I'm soft resetting for Fennekin too! As you might be able to tell from my siggy I'm used to not playing the game so that I can find shinies lol
    Would you like to race??

Oh hells yeah i would. Up to about 1200 SRs right now.

first to post a picture of their shiny fennekin?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back