• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen My quest for a shiny starter (Fennekin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I guess I just don't have the patience to hunt for Shiny starters. Not a huge deal for me. :) That said, I have a few random Shinies.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm interested in how you're keeping track. Are you sitting there with a calculator repeating Ans+1?

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Lol I feel so bad for you two actually resetting for those. Not because of the time but because Froakie is the best starter by a landslide. Also plenty of Shiny starters have been bred. I've seen a few myself, from friends.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2013
    I was actually trying to go for all 3 since people said the odds changed... I'm starting to regret it, seems it's not that way, and agreed, Froakie is the best starter in my opinion :P

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I was actually trying to go for all 3 since people said the odds changed... I'm starting to regret it, seems it's not that way, and agreed, Froakie is the best starter in my opinion :P

I prefer to breed personally, especially now that I can get starters in different balls.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2013
    I prefer to breed personally, especially now that I can get starters in different balls.

If I don't get anything by Friday I'll just breed em as you say haha
    Also how can you get them in different balls? That's new to me lol

Years
  • I have to say I admire your endeavor, still being at it for so long after launch date.
    I would have given up after 5 resets because I got excited about playing the game.

So, kudos to you guys, and best of luck. ^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2013
    I have to say I admire your endeavor, still being at it for so long after launch date.
    I would have given up after 5 resets because I got excited about playing the game.

So, kudos to you guys, and best of luck. ^^

Thank you :3 will stop soon though, patience is fading haha

Years
  • Lol I feel so bad for you two actually resetting for those. Not because of the time but because Froakie is the best starter by a landslide. Also plenty of Shiny starters have been bred. I've seen a few myself, from friends.

Not sure if that was aimed at me XD
    I wanted to get Froakie too but Fennekin is just a better shiny. That's really all it comes down to when you hunt shinies - whatever one looks better.
    And sure, plenty have been bred, but that's not nearly as big an accomplishment as SRing a starter! I have bred shinies before, but I've also reset shinies before, so it would be boring to just hatch everything xD

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    If I don't get anything by Friday I'll just breed em as you say haha
    Also how can you get them in different balls? That's new to me lol

Now when you breed the baby Pokemon will hatch in the same kind of ball that the female has. You can catch all the Gen 1 and Gen 6 starters in the Friend Safari. All you need to do is run into a female and catch it with whatever ball is your favorite. Breed with a foreign male and you can Masudo for a Shiny with all your babies in your favorite ball.

EDIT: I'm a perfectionist, this generation I am completely restarting on my living Pokedex purely for the reason to have my entire Dex in Premier Balls. Now that I can chain breed and get anything breedable in my favorite ball I can't resist. Before I stuck with the normal Pokeball due to the fact all babies were born in it. Considering my living Dex consists of females for breeding purposes I need to restart.

Now I'm breeding to complete my living Dex consisting of Shiny, Flawless IV, Hidden Ability females in Premier Balls. A lot of hours ahead of me......lots of babies to Wonder Trade!! Oh and can't forget they have to have the proper Nature!! Whatever it keeps me entertained lol.

Last edited:

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    My god, i new the quest for shiney's could get a little crazy, but to reset the game over 2500 times!? You might be stepping into the insanity section.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back