• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Sprites

Dhjona

Spriter
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Well, the hand looks really akward in that position, I was unable to make out the thumb till I copied your image in paint and zoomed it. Maybe try to stick with the clenched fist should make it look better?

I allready thought of that solution, but thought that isn't really original. ^^ but i will make 2 improved versions, one with the fixed hand and one with the clenched fist. ;)

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • I rwally like your Treemar idea, I just think it really needs a new name. Like find the japanese name for earth land, or tree and mix it with something. *Sorry if you hate this post*

-Okami

Omega Sableye

<- Pwnage
    Years
  • sorry, but im gonna disagree with people here

i don't like these at all

here are the most obvious things i should crit:

Treemar - The exact same pose as Magmortars. it is actualy just a grass type magmortar really. you need a new pose. also, the normal arm has no shading whatsoever. try adding some in

Bunneggi - It doesn't even look like a Pokemon! It's just a sprite of a rabbit wearing clothes

Scogon - Looks exactly the same as one of the neopets. try changing some of it, i dunno how. just make it look a bit different

Dragonice - First of all, it's names made up of the names of it's types. Around the belly area, the outline is very straight, try curving it. The outline on the whole sprite looks very odd. i just can't think of the right word to describe it

and there are probably a lot of other things i could crit, but im low on time

peace

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    sorry, but im gonna disagree with people here

i don't like these at all

here are the most obvious things i should crit:

Treemar - The exact same pose as Magmortars. it is actualy just a grass type magmortar really. you need a new pose. also, the normal arm has no shading whatsoever. try adding some in
    Yeah i know. *sigh* I made that sprite before i knew the platinum sprite has exact that pose. So, it's coincidence that's exactly the same. So i'm not gonna change it, maybe later though, but not now.

Bunneggi - It doesn't even look like a Pokemon! It's just a sprite of a rabbit wearing clothes
    *sigh again* I know. This one is.. or gonna be removed or will be totally revamped. It is an very old sprite of mine (my 3rd i think), which i made all ready a year ago.

Scogon - Looks exactly the same as one of the neopets. try changing some of it, i dunno how. just make it look a bit different
    Yeah it based on the neopet, but an old sprite of mine. Probably gonna be revamped. ^^

Dragonice - First of all, it's names made up of the names of it's types. Around the belly area, the outline is very straight, try curving it. The outline on the whole sprite looks very odd. i just can't think of the right word to describe it
    Your completely right. But this one was my second scratched sprite. So, yeah, there's a lot wrong with it. ^^ But don't worry he's gonna be revamped and he gets an other name (this scratch i made 2 years ago, thats why he is so bad and has that crappy name). ^^;)

and there are probably a lot of other things i could crit, but im low on time

peace

see the bold above. ;)

@Okami Chi: thanks. i would see if i get a better name.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    well, just something i made for a contest. you had to make 2 pokémon in love with each other.
    My Sprites

i got lazy at the end, and didn't add details.

the improved squark comes tonight.

Years
  • This looks like someone made a sprite, resized their working space to 64x64 and then discovered it was too big and was too lazy to manually resize it so they went Ctrl + W and skewed the horizontal angle on Paint. Right?

The choppy compressment (that a word?) not withstanding, this sprite still displays flaws (I presume that this is meant to be a Pokémon sprite, forgive me if I'm wrong). It seems that you began to shade the outline for the tail, but gave up, five pixels later. The fire clashes with the sprite's colours, looks out-of-place and is obviously copied-and-pasted from an official Nintendo sprite. From a non-artistic point of view, the design of this Pokémon comes across as a Flareon rip-off, with the same "fluffy" tail and "mane"-thing. I mean, come on, it's even a fire type. If it wasn't for those out-of-place, badly-positioned flames, I would've instantly thought of it to be a Flareon re-type; normal type. The contrast between the shades is so small that it seems to be a one-shade sprite, with a small splash of shading and highlighting, here and there. Try and differenciate the shades a bit more, or just use an official Pokémon's palette. I suggest Wigglytuff, as it is a very similar colour to that, but with more definite shades.
    Hm, it seems King Kong was transformed into an Infernape. Seriously, this sprite, especially in comparison to it's official counterpart, is gigantic. It's tail seems to merge into it's (for us, the left one) right leg (o.O), and it's done so very well. Which isn't a good thing. It's outline is pretty choppy in places, and I swear 50% of the sprite has been copied-and-pasted from the official version of the sprite (possibly enlarged, but the point still stands). For us, the left arm looks very unrealistically positioned, as if there's an invisible person, giving him a Chinese Twist and forcing his knuckles to the ground. The shaidng there could be better, too.
    Just out of curiosity, is the competition for spriting abilities, or creativity/concept abilities. Creativity-wise, it's pretty good, but spriting-wise, it's just a load of different sprites from a few Pokémon games, plastered onto Paint - I see Torterra's trees in the background, Torkoal's smoke, reshaped, on the Numel's back, Attract's hearts on the female Numel's eye, a rock from Mystery Dungeon (I think it's from there), and some other things too. The only real 'spriting' evident here is the reshaping of the Torkoal's smoke, and the ground, which, by the way, is very choppy; it's just four or five rectangles of ugly green.

Also, for some of the sprites you've got on the first sprite:

Buneggi looks like a traceover of some Easter Rabbit from a cBeebies programme or something, and doesn't exactly scream "Pokémon!" to me. At all. Oh, and the outline seems like it's got no shading, however the opposite of that fire starter up there; it has no black (12,14,12 RGB, not 0,0,0 RGB!).

That tree Pokémon near the start of the fakédex (I've forgotten the name) just looks like a Magmortar, gone grass-type, to be honest, by the way.

Well, I think I've done enough crit on this thread for the day. Happy spriting.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    @Spherical Ice: I will reply to your crit, but not now. (yesterday i was replying your crit and then suddenly the power shut down.)

A new fake, it is a bit front, but i'm not in the mooth to change it now. ^^
    My Sprites

Credits to Tyshea for the concept.

rates?

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • thank you both. ^^

I made an unreqonizable mix. Here it is.
    My Sprites

rates or people who want guess which pokemon are in it? ^^
    I will take a shot....mamoswine Mr. mime, absol, slowbro or king, (the 6 legs creep me out) Blaziken's mouth, err...the body is on the tip of my toung but i cant get it out...

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    I will take a shot....mamoswine Mr. mime, absol, slowbro or king, (the 6 legs creep me out) Blaziken's mouth, err...the body is on the tip of my toung but i cant get it out...

Mamoswine, Mr. Mime and Slowking are right. Here's is the WIP of it.
    My Sprites

C&C on the Panda-pokemon please.

Years
  • Nice Fakemon. I like you work. Can I use your fakemon. Can you make me some. I you want please pm me. I will give creadite for fakemon. I realy need some for my hack.
    Why dont you make their Back script {Shiny}.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Nice Fakemon. I like you work. Can I use your fakemon. Can you make me some. I you want please pm me. I will give creadite for fakemon. I realy need some for my hack.
    Why dont you make their Back script {Shiny}.

It depends on how your hack looks and how your progress is. And I think you mean Credit. ^^ And maybe later I will make their back sprites.

Here is the evo of the panda pokémon.
    My Sprites

And a Tropius in his origin form.
    My Sprites

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • Why does your fakemon called Syphonia, look like a recolour of scarf's fakemon?
    My Sprites

It looks like you just recoloured it, and changed a few tiny details.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Why does your fakemon called Syphonia, look like a recolour of scarf's fakemon?
    My Sprites

It looks like you just recoloured it, and changed a few tiny details.
    Ben. It's just a coincidence. The pose itself is the only thing that looks similar, but the details...are far away from 'similar'. If you watch at Syphonia closely, you will look that there are certain pixels where the body bends somehow, which alone explains that it was in no way pixeled over from Scarf' sprite.

Anyway...

I'm going to take your sprites one by one and comment on the stuff that DOESN'T have to do with splicing (because a big portion of your sprites are more or less good splices):

Afrontree~
    The shading is great for the most part, but the mouth is using a very smooth colour.
    The outline is okay, on the lower part of the body, but I guess that's because of the splicing.
    The upper body, and especially the hand-branches have too light of an outline.

Treemar~
    Much better than the previous, but the mouth remains the same.
    Also, the part of the main body where the stomach is entangled needs some shading, which is missing.

Sypha~
    I don't really get what this thing on its face is. Is it a blue mask? It's somehow laced weird, as it goes off on the left. The outlines and shading are okay, though.

Syphone~
    This would be my favourite among your sprites.
    Great shading, coordination, concept and outlines (maybe the upper wings might need work), but overall, it's beautiful.

Syphonia~
    Even if this looks mighty at first glance, I would say that it's pretty crappy. It has proportion errors, first of all.
    One wing is much bigger than the other, the torso scales (the yellow ones) spin in a weird way as they come closer to the head and there seems to be a 'bump' on its belly.
    Also, some outlines are bright, while they are at the same side as your dark outlines.
    The only cool thing about it is the concept and shading.
    Finally, as others have said before, try being more creative about names, that also counts for some of the rest of your sprites.

Peakid~
    The palette chosen for this sprite is a great combination.
    However, there is one large buggy proportion error: the head. It's too big, even bigger than its evo's.
    Shading-wise, it's cool. Be careful on the blurry outlines on the torso and right wing.

Peawk~
    It's pretty good, but it also has one proportional error that comes in and breaks the silence: the right wing is wide. It shouldn't go past the tail by the much.
    Also, why did t he feet grow a brighter outline? O_O

Bunneggi~
    It's so cuuuuute! :3
    But I'll have to agree with this person here.

Emfeon~
    The pose and concept is so cool. Still, the palette you chose has a dull selection of hues. Maybe you should change it.
    Shading and outlines are fine (some outline fixes on the tail?).

Ferrex~
    Okay, this goes beyond the left-out splice discussion. It just screams 'Aggron' to me. :/
    The whole body is boring, and with that of a big pile of meat, you should at least play around with shades or outlines a bit more.
    You should add stuff on it, and the two legs are awfully close on each other.
    Probably your worse sprite here. don't worry though. :P

Scogon~
    The shading on its tummy makes it looks fat.
    Also, if it's looking the the lower left, the head should at least cover a bit of its right eye. It's just too big.
    The rest is okay. Too bad the concept is not original.

Dragonice~
    This sprite, although it's a nice concept, it shows inexperience. ~It must have been one of the first ones you made on that sheet~
    It has a lot of proportion errors on the body, the head was probably spliced, the shading is dull, and the ice plates on its chest are just making it look worse.
    Yeah, I guess it's an early sprite, that needs improvement. =]

Panthigris~
    Probably your second best sprite. Great in terms of shading and outlining, but there are errors on the body.
    The left back leg is fat, don't you think? Also, why does the tail sqirl so much? it's not growling 'hub-huba'... =D
    The red eye seems a bit off. And it's looking towards the sky 0_0
    Finally, the mouth hole should be black, not gray, just for a distinguishment.

That's about it. I'll do other comments about your updates later on. I'm looking forward to your new sprites. Take care!

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • Ben. It's just a coincidence. The pose itself is the only thing that looks similar, but the details...are far away from 'similar'. If you watch at Syphonia closely, you will look that there are certain pixels where the body bends somehow, which alone explains that it was in no way pixeled over from Scarf' sprite.
    Sorry for that, my mistake.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    @NiKaNoRoU: thank you for your comment. I will do something with it. ;) And Dragonice was one of my first fakemon indeed, it was my 2nd.

@Ben: It doesn't matter. ^^

the evo of the panda.
    My Sprites

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • A Tropius in his origin form.
    My Sprites
    Wait, why did the bananas become tentacles and the whole body into worm-alade? This seems like a very different form, other than 'origin'. Anyway.

The tail is folding in a stiff way, maybe you should give it more of a round swirl. The outlines need work, especially on the lower-right corner, where they could be darker.
    Also, your shading on the tail makes it look like it's a flat spaggheti, instead of a round tail. Still, the concept is unique.
    =]

@NiKaNoRoU: thank you for your comment. I will do something with it. ;) And Dragonice was one of my first fakemon indeed, it was my 2nd.

the evo of the panda.
    My Sprites
    I see (it wasn't just a comment though, more like a sprite-reviewing parade).

Well, it seems like you've outdone yourself, the sprite is great as in concept, outline and palette-wise. The shading is also pretty good, though a bit blunt on the white colors on the body. One thing that makes the sprite look weird, I think you should make the head overlap a part of the bamboo on the left, as it makes me think like those are on its head. I love the branch chewing part. Pretty nifty.

Let's see what else you got!

Last edited:

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Wait, why did the bananas become tentacles and the whole body into worm-alade? This seems like a very different form, other than 'origin'. Anyway.
    It's the same form Giritina has in his own world. So if Tropius would go there he would look like this. And the bananas became tentacles because he is in his orgin form and Giritina's ''wings'' are tentacles/wisps in his orgin form .

The tail is folding in a stiff way, maybe you should give it more of a round swirl. The outlines need work, especially on the lower-right corner, where they could be darker.
    Also, your shading on the tail makes it look like it's a flat spaggheti, instead of a round tail. Still, the concept is unique. =]

I see (it wasn't just a comment though, more like a sprite-reviewing parade).

Well, it seems like you've outdone yourself, the sprite is great as in concept, outline and palette-wise. The shading is also pretty good, though a bit blunt on the white colors on the body. One thing that makes the sprite look weird, I think you should make the head overlap a part of the bamboo on the left, as it makes me think like those are on its head. I love the branch chewing part. Pretty nifty.

Thnx. I tried to fix the things you mentioned and i made 2 versions. I prefer the left one.
    My Sprites

Let's see what else you got!
    I will. ^^ Currently working on the evo of Squark.

see the bold above. Please let me now if the improved version is better and which one is better.

thnx in advance.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • see the bold above. Please let me now if the improved version is better and which one is better.

thnx in advance.
    Although you didn't fix a lot of stuff, the shading on the right picture is great now. You're using the perfect grey hue, which is different than the lighter, white hue.

What I said about the Tropius is that, compared to Giratina, its form is altered a lot, if you exclude the head, it almost looks like a completely different pokemon.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see the rest of your upcoming sprites.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    thank you. And your right about the Tropius.

You all have to wait for the evo of squark because i'm sick right now and tommorow is my birthday (becoming 18 :Dyay!^^).

Back