• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Username And What It Means (The Killers, Fox Trot, Beer Run) [Daily Bloggity Entry #16]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • picture.php

Date: 09 March 2014
    Time: 1:16 AM ET
    Mood: Don't want to go to work in a few hours ;__;

Editor's Note: Aren't I so artistic with paint?

Hey everyone! This is just a quick blog entry that I'm making that is in regards to my username here on PokeCommunity. A lot of people have been asking me what exactly it means or more importantly, how exactly do you even enunciate it, so this is just an entry dedicated to what exactly my username means and how exactly I came across making it.

Daily Music - "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers
    Spoiler:
    elheroeoscuro, or el-heroe-oscuro (el-er-oh-ay-os-cure-oh), is a Spanish word that when translated into English means "The Dark Hero." I first came up with the username in 2007 when I was an active member on the website gaiaonline.com. My brother, whom at the time's username was Etch-E-Sketch, had shown me to the site and recommended that I joined it to interact with people whom I shared musical interests with. Excitedly, I pondered the depths of my creativity for a creative username but nothing really came to mind. However, I was able to find my username through some books I was reading at the time: The Chronicles of Mismantle and the Redwall series. In those series of books - I honestly can't remember which one - there were protagonists who were vilified as a villain but in the end still came out as a hero in the world in which they were constructed. Thus, I came up with the concept of "The Dark Hero." I loved the way that the two words were basically contradictions - essentially oil and water which normally are not paired together.

Daily Comic - "E Rated Games" by Bill Amend of Fox Trot
    Spoiler:
    However, I wasn't satisfied with just "The Dark Hero." To be honest I thought it was too bland, and for my first username I wanted it to be creative and unique. Thus, I started to look at it in different languages. My initial plan was to make it Italian, as then I could make a connection with my background as I am mainly Italian. However, after translating it, "Il Heroe Scuro" just didn't really roll off the tongue that well. So I turned to Spanish and boom, presto! a username was created. In no way, shape, or form am I the least bit Spanish, but it just rolled off the tongue a lot better. I questioned whether or not I wanted to space it out, but in my opinion I thought "elheroeoscuro" looked more appealing than "El Heroe Oscuro." To this day, I use elheroeoscuro for most of my usernames on sites, including my Xbox Live gamertag as well as my Steam ID.

Daily Video - "Beer Run" by animators Cyanide & Happiness
    Spoiler:
    I don't think I'll ever change my username. It's sort of become a part of me at this point, and although some other usernames may appeal to me I don't believe they'll have the same aestheticism that elheroeoscuro contains. So that leaves me to ask y'all: is there any specific or special significance behind your usernames? Think you'll ever change them? Comment below as I'd love to hear some of your answers!

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- elheroeoscuro

Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Always wondered what it meant myself. Now I know. Cool read! And Etch-E? Lmfao, ecchi. Or perverted manga/anime haha.

The username Ive used here most is Derozio. Most people here call me dero as a result. Found the name in my history textbook. Looked and sounded cool so voila. :p Ill switch back to it next. And not change it. I think Ive had enough name changes for a year or two.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • What exactly does Derozio mean? Or more over, what is it in reference too? And oh my god, you just ruined my brother's username for me forever; I never thought of it that way haha o____o"

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Haha thanks, I'll tell him you said that (:

For some reason though I think it was in reference to that 90s toy, although he ended up tweaking it a little bit.

derozio

Years
  • I honestly thought 'ecchi' as soon as I read it lol.

And Derozio is actually a name. Not sure if it really means anything in any language. Henry Louis vivian Derozio was a philosopher during the days when India was under British rule. My textbook didn't have more than one sentence on him though lol

derozio

Years
  • Oh, he's actually a slightly well known poet of his time. Couldnt find meaning, tho

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Man, you could say that was a real shot in the dark then haha. Dante is a cooler username, although you're kindove restricted if you want to make your avatar iconic to the games (unless you opt to make it about Dante Alighieri :P)

derozio

Years
  • Shot in the dark. Lol so appropriate.
    Dante is cooler, sure, but Ive stuck with Derozio for years now haha. It is basically a part of who I am now. Ill keep dante as an alternate account though lol

Years
  • Hikari + Mijumaru

That's what you put together to make my username. I often get called "Hikari" here by some people (probably because of my former username) while Mijumaru is the Japanese name of Oshawott, my fave Pokemon. It pretty much all fits now doesn't it?

Back