• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MySims!

Do u like MySims?

• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Lyra.

Usagi Small Lady Serenity
    Years
    am i the only 1 in the world a fan of MySims? (Both Nintendo DS & Wii!)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I have never heard anything good about this game. What exactly do you find good about it?

Personally I think it is just a waste of time.

Lyra.

Years
    OK OK jeesh!! cut a girl some slack, huh? everybody has their own opinions, SO LEAVE ME ALONE!! (jk jk) i'm just joking!!

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Mysims is like the worst game. It is nothing like The Sims which I used to play on the PC. It's just a cheap copy of Animal Crossing for me. I thought it would be good but it's a let down.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I think it is very slow paced and there is nothing that makes you want to play on with it.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Well I think it's good. True, it's not the Sims, in fact it's more like "My First Sims" than anything. But I enjoy building houses and making my own furniture. ^_^

I own the Wii version because, from what I've heard, the DS verison is (for a lack of a gentler word) a ripoff of Animal Crossing.

Lyra.

Years
    FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO HATE MYSIMS: all i wanted to no is wat people thought of MySims, ok? if people hated so much, & a person likes it (take ME for instance), at least cut he/she some slack. EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN OPINION ON THINGS & THIS HAPPENS TO BE MY OPINION THAT I LIKE MYSIMS!!!!!!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Eh, I should have done my research before dropping the money on this game for the DS. I was hoping for a cuter version of The Sims, something with the same game style but less realistic in the look. Instead, I got a bizarre mix of Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon. I like those games, but when I pick up a game with "Sims" in the title, I want my ability to control people, build my way up the career ladder, and make real money.

I'm already bored with the game, and I just got it today. I really wish that I had known more about this game. And I really should have just gotten The Sims 2 when I had the chance.

And since the Wii version looks to be the same idea, only you get to build the town, I'm not holding much hope for a cuter version of The Sims. I like telling people to eat, to sleep, to do anything they need to do to survive. That's what I expect out of a Sims game, especially one where you are a person. (Since I did clock hours upon hours in SimCity and SimCity 2000, so it's not the rebuilding of the town.)

I guess the main missing part of this game that makes me dislike it so much is the lack of a goal to achieve. Sure, the town needs to be rebuilt, but it's not as if the Sims will die if I don't do anything. I just like having some concrete goal to work towards: the next promotion, getting a new family friend, finally owning a Fuzzy Logic Dishwasher. Even in the SimCity games, there are the goals of apartment buildings, new taxes, and keeping the city clean before Godzilla strikes the town. There's just nothing bad happening in this game that makes me worry for my pixel-people. It's too happy fun-sunshine.

I'll wait to buy a Wii for The Sims 2, since that's the game I want the most now from EA games. My Sims, however, will just fall into my box of lost electronics to never be touched again. In the meanwhile, I do have The Sims for the GameCube to keep me entertained.

Back