• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mystery Dungeon Memorable Moments

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
  • Hey spin-off fans, especially the ones that love the mystery dungeon series! I noticed that we lack of threads to talk about the mystery dungeon, from red/blue, to time/darkness/sky, and infinity. This thread is to talk about those moments in mystery dungeon that made you cry, laugh, smile, glum, or anything else that stuck to the heart. You can also make a tribute to the pokemon that helped you out, from your partner pokemon to recruiters to even your own avatar. Okay, ready, set, and dedicate!

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Yes, I thought I abandoned my partner for good in the end and was bawling to stay with my partner... So sad and conveying... Mystery Dungeon endings always make me cry, even when I replay it. Nintendo knows how to make us cry. But that quote from red/blue in the end got to the heart. Such depressing moments...

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
    Years
  • My fav was indeed Time/Darkness/Sky. The moment of nostalgia when restarting the game and being part of the guild again and the ending with Grovylee leaving..

inksplashed-heart

mimikyu stan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I wept when my PC was disappearing on the walk down after fixing the time gears. Like, literally bawling. I mean, remember the PC's partner is walking ahead and doesn't notice that the PC is disappearing bit by bit? Then suddenly the partner notices and the PC has to tell them that fixing time will make the PC disappear. It's just so heartbreaking.

"Parting hurts...but the rest is in your hands!" Something like that, when Grovyle wrestled Dusknoir into the time hole/warp/whatever it's called. I cried there, too.

Years
  • Asides from the obvious moments like Grovyle's sacrifice and your character fading, a standout for me was the very end of the 'Into the Dark Future' episode in Explorers of Sky. I won't spoil it for those who haven't played it, but it was another moment that really stuck with me.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Well the most parts of my games were funny moments, annoying moments and sad moments...

The annoyiest of my game blue rescue team was the 99 floors dungeons...
    On explorers of Sky was Darkrai!

Funny moments...

On Blue rescue team was that i was on sky tower and i destroyed a scizor with a flamethrower and the dealed damage was 791 damage... The most funny that my charizard was level 36 and scizor like 29!

On Explorers of sky was the parts when you talked with Wiglytuff...

There is also a funny moment at Blue rescue team... I killed Rayquaza in 3 trys!
    And only with Absol, my starter and my partner!

Sad Moments...

Well i can say that is the ending (on the both) that is the saddiest and the 2nd special episode with igglybuff at ending and Grovyle's special episode (the entire episode but i can say that was also intresting)

Furstrating moments...

Well at sky its also Darkrai... im still trying to beat that guy!

At bluue rescue team was mt.blaze boss... Moltres!

And at Gates to infinity... was when my demo was over... ;_;

Anyway all the gameplays were good that its what matters here!

Years
  • I'd have to say that the most memorable moment of each game were these.
    In red/blue rescue team, it would be the time that Gengar had convinced the whole town that you were the cause of the natural calamities. It was kinda scary at first and really got me wondering how I could've countered that argument if given the option.
    In Mystery Dungeon Time/Explorers/Sky, it would have to be when you went to the future. It was bleak, scary and heartrendering, plus the setting of the game's biggest plot twists.
    In Gates to Infinity, it would be when you were running away from Munna's crew. Seriously. It was so intense, and although it dragged along a little bit, the cutscene at the Scorching desert was bar none the single most intense moment of the game.

Years
  • In red/blue rescue team, it would be the time that Gengar had convinced the whole town that you were the cause of the natural calamities. It was kinda scary at first and really got me wondering how I could've countered that argument if given the option.

I was really caught off guard when me and my partner had to run from other Pokemon. I fainted quite a lot, especially when fighting Articuno. Powder Snow is so cheap.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    if i had a penny for all the times i have cried while playing mystery dungeon, i would have a lot of pennies :P

i have so many memorable moments playing these games its not even funny. the most memorable as of right now... it would have to be back when i was first completing red rescue. i had beaten Rayquaza and had appeared back with the towns people in that rocky area (great canyon or maybe? id have to check). since i had just seen the cut seen with the asteroid and whatnot i was so scared that the extra Pokemon on my team were dead that started to bawl my eyes out. i am so glad that the game stated that they were safe, because if they didn't the credits would have been torture...

that is how i remember it anyway, its been so long :(

Last edited:
    Back