• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen N -- The best enemy?

Dandaman955

The not-so new guy anymore =(
Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2019
    Spoiler:

Here's how you do it [spoiler.][./spoiler] (remove the full stops.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I have all 8 badges now... I'm about the battle the Elite Four. I love the plot of this game more than any previous games

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I think he's great.

The scene on the Ferris Wheel was the most powerful story moment in any Pokémon game. That doesn't say much, I know, but it was also really cool compared to other games.

Spoiler:

You expect this kind of depth in story telling from games like Mass Effect or Elder Scrolls, but it's so much better when it happens in Pokémon, where the story never really has powerful moments like that.

So yeah, long ramble about one scene, but I just loved it. Go N!

JaydenTheDragonTamer

RPG Fanatic.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2022
    He Is actually quite unquie and interesting unlike the other BORING generic childhood rivals and plays a big part in the overall story.

OH YEAH AND DID I ALSO MENTION THAT HE IS AWESOME! xD

Years
  • N is definitely one of my favorite characters in the series now. I really hope we see him again in future games.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I love N. I think I like him, because he had more of a reason than other evil leaders. He thought he was doing the right thing for Pokemon, thanks to Ghetsis. N had lots of strong points about why he was right during the adventure, and I believe that N persuaded people to join Team Plasma because of that. I believe there was a person, who says they were in Team Plasma, but after realizing he he was hurting pokemon, he quit. I hope he makes a reappearance in Gen VI.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    I dont think N or plasma are evil theorectically. They have good morals in mind. They just approach them the wrong way. Like what happened to communism in soviet union. its a perfect system but it was approached the wrong way and led to the collapse of it.
    no N was the only one with good intentions the other guy who raised him just wanted to take over the world so what you said isnt true and communism perfect?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • N was awesome. He did have good ideas for PKMN, but he did them wrongly.
    I'm quite suprised that Game Freak managed to make an "evil team" that was completely different from the games before, where it was always like "I wantz to rulez da worldz" crap.
    Instead, they wanted to save PKMN for the good of all.

The unique idea that Game Freak made is one of the reasons I like N.

One thing that I don't really understand is, if N is the king of Team Plasma,
    why did he have weaker PKMN that the grunts at the beginning?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Without reading every single reply in this so far (pardon, if I sound like I'm repeating what's been said by others). I find N to be an awesome enemy, because I think he's a really good character overall. He seems to be more complex than most of the characters in any of previous games, and they made him an 'enemy' of sorts, without really.. making him an enemy. xD; Thus far, I haven't really looked at him as a 'bad guy' at all, because it's easy to get where he's coming from, and level with him in a way.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Nothing like a sympathetic villain. N's definitely on my "favorite antagonists" list. Had I not spoiled myself before the US release (curse you, internet), I think the Ferris wheel scene would have been a jaw-dropper. The way his entire upbringing was twisted up led to him being quite the oddball. Gentle, concerned about other people and Pokemon, childlike and chivalrous, and he's the head of an organization that's bringing all this highly visible grief to others. His subordinates are public enemies and despised by all these otherwise peaceful people, and he just goes on ahead with his own stuff.

Why is my brain comparing him to Giygas? o.O Victim of circumstance, I guess.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • Meh, I thought their intentions were good until they started kicking Pokemon... >.>

N's cool though. :p

i agree i couldnt believe people who claim to think of pokemons rights and try to free them from humans could be so cruel to them

but anyway N is my all time favorite villain in the pokemon games, he has good beliefs even if he goes about it wrong. plus he is really hot. lol

Years
  • I don't really like N, but I do have to admit his battles are always tough and make me really think. So I would agree with him being the best enemy thus far.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • I dont think N or plasma are evil theorectically. They have good morals in mind. They just approach them the wrong way. Like what happened to communism in soviet union. its a perfect system but it was approached the wrong way and led to the collapse of it.

N has had the misfortune to be misled by his father Ghetsis.
    And Team Plasma thought they were doing something right...

But Ghetsis, when you finally get through the story, you learn he is a fowl, evil, dark-hearted person who deserves no less than being locked up for his ideas, let alone the misleading of his son and what could be almost considered a cult in the formation of Team Plasma.

Ghetsis is EVIL, the rest were just misled.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    SPOILER AHEAD:

Yeah Ghetsis wanted everyone to release their Pokemon so he could be the only person with Pokemon and rule over everybody... but N only ever saw the way Team Plasma treated Pokemon which is why he thought that all people treat their Pokemon badly

masterfun101

Bow down, noobs.
    Years
  • I dont think N or plasma are evil theorectically. They have good morals in mind. They just approach them the wrong way. Like what happened to communism in soviet union. its a perfect system but it was approached the wrong way and led to the collapse of it.

Team Plasma and N were corrupted by Ghetsis...Ghetsis was evil and wanted all the Pokemon to himself so he could rule the world. He didn't actually care about the Pokemon.

Happy Fun Cat

The Most Adorable
    Years
  • N is by far one of the better characters they have brought into the games. But I really do not see him as an enemy or even bed, just mislead. I do really enjoy the last fight with N, that by far was one of the most epic fights in all of the pokemon games.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Who would name their son N.

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    I have to agree with all of you about N.

Of course, when I saw that N said he was the king of Team Plasma, I was like, "WHAT!?"

It saddened me to find out that he was mislead by Ghetis;N was such a nice guy, even before the Elite Four. The talk between you and N at the end of the game was also very good.

I have to say, the plot in Pokemon B/W is by far the best I've seen in my days of playing Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Back