• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naruto Shippuden Dub

What do you think about the new series?

• Looks Great! Can't wait to watch it.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Looks okay. I might watch it.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Voices suck again, never watching it.

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
  • I don't even know what's happening anymore because when they had all those fillers and the english version came out (Belive it!), it sort of ruined it for me, sadly. I really enjoyed it but simply felt satisifaction in watching the Japanese version. Now I don't even know what the heck happened to Sasuke. I heard he killed Itachi (what is this impossibility!?) and is getting his own gang together? No sure...

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    what? have they already started airing Shippuuden in english, when? I wanna see it.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    also, I heard it's airing on the 15th, which is tomorrow, what time at night are they showing it

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
    Years
  • Maybe I'm just having a slow day, but I don't see a trailer for the Shippuuden dub anywhere on that site. All I really see are a bunch (well, if you consider the first 16 episode "a bunch") of subbed episodes.

I don't really know much about the English dub, since I've only watched a few episodes of it, but I believe all of the voice actors in the Japanese version are the same for both the original and Shippuuden series; they just altered their voices so the characters would sound older.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Maybe I'm just having a slow day, but I don't see a trailer for the Shippuuden dub anywhere on that site. All I really see are a bunch (well, if you consider the first 16 episode "a bunch") of subbed episodes.

I don't really know much about the English dub, since I've only watched a few episodes of it, but I believe all of the voice actors in the Japanese version are the same for both the original and Shippuuden series; they just altered their voices so the characters would sound older.

The Japanese ones, I think, are the same. But we were worried the English voices would change, which it doesn't look like they have, just the same thing as you said with them altering their voices.

I didn't hear anything about it airing on the 15th?...you mean like on CN?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah I think right now they only have the sub versions up. I think I heard to watch them for free you have to wait a week. But I think it is only for the sub versions. I really don't know when they going to start the dub version. And they are working on it. They did a few episodes already. Just need the conformation of when it will start showing on tv. Cartoon Network better get into gear and finish the fillers of Part 1. They are taking their sweet time. ><

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Yeah I think right now they only have the sub versions up. I think I heard to watch them for free you have to wait a week. But I think it is only for the sub versions. I really don't know when they going to start the dub version. And they are working on it. They did a few episodes already. Just need the conformation of when it will start showing on tv. Cartoon Network better get into gear and finish the fillers of Part 1. They are taking their sweet time. ><

Uggggh those fillers were the worst, haha. My friends and I actually skipped most of the latter fillers because it was getting ridiculous. I mean let me know if I missed an epic mini-battle, but otherwise I'm not missing them.

I can't think of any other network but CN that would take up the dubs..so hopefully they hurry up with that, because I think a lot of the humor will be way better in English (yet the serious battle phrases are better with subs, heh.)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So did it air on the 15th? o-o

I haven't heard anything about the Shippuden at all, until just now. xD

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah it did, but it is only the sub version. And they are showing the latest episodes. Like Episode 91 and on. And you have to wait for a week if you want to watch them for free. I think TV Tokyo is airing the latest episodes online, but you have to pay for them(using Crunchyroll or Hulu as their video streaming sites). And Viz is airing them a week later for free(using Hulu). I think that is how I am understanding it.

So far though, there isn't a dub in sight. I think Viz showed sneek previews of how they dub is going to be. There isn't any conformation when the dub is going to start. Hopefully really soon!

Volkner's Apprentice said:
    Uggggh those fillers were the worst, haha. My friends and I actually skipped most of the latter fillers because it was getting ridiculous. I mean let me know if I missed an epic mini-battle, but otherwise I'm not missing them.

I can't think of any other network but CN that would take up the dubs..so hopefully they hurry up with that, because I think a lot of the humor will be way better in English (yet the serious battle phrases are better with subs, heh.)
    Yeah a lot of people didn't like the fillers in Part 1. I could understand everyone's frustration. I think the fillers are alright, they had good arcs to watch. But now I really want to watch Shippudden from the beginning. This time though with the dub voices. But it seems CN is taking their sweet time and airing one episode of Naruto instead of airing two episodes like they did last time. *sigh* There is something going on, and I am going to find out what it is.

Yeah it seems the dub makes everything better. The humor makes a lot more sense in English than in Japanese. But there are some things I do like a bit better in Japanese. That is just me.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I dont think there is going to be a dub guys, the "commercial" just had a few english voices at the end prolly so the the Americans dont get confused or something. The site says "FRESH From JAPAN Every Week" I didnt read anything about a Dub.

And besides Wikipedia nor the Naruto Wikipedia have nothing about any American Dub. And the Shippuden Anime looks like it has awhile before getting close to ending. So i dont think we will see a dub for a year or two.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • When I saw the Dub previews and I saw the slogan "FRESH FROM JAPAN EVERY WEEK", I assumed that they were Dub instead of Sub and as I have a British IP address, I can't watch anything streamed with Hulu.

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
  • The english dub of Naruto Shippuden most likely/probably won't be airing until Spring 2009 or Summer 2009, or somewhere in between.

This is assuming of course that Cartoon Network stops slowly airing the rest of the episodes of first series, and that they air Naruto Shippuden immediately after they finish the first series.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2012
    Viz is realeasing a certain amount of subbed episodes every week until they are caught up with tv tokyo in japan. I think they then are providing a new episode a week or something after it has been aired in japan. As for a subbed version of shippuuden on Cartoon Network I think you'll be waiting for a while. I would say sometime during spring 2009 maybe early summer 2009. Personally I couldn't stand the dubbed naruto on Cartoon Network, i think the japanese voice actors are much better. But thats just my opinion haha.

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
  • As for an english dubbed version of naruto Shippuuden on Cartoon Network I think you'll be waiting for a while. I would say sometime during spring 2009 maybe early summer 2009. Personally I couldn't stand the dubbed naruto on Cartoon Network, i think the japanese voice actors are much better. But thats just my opinion haha.

I can wait. Even if it doesn't air until winter 2009. It won't take that long though.

Back