• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Never Forget 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akita

Returned
    Years
    A part of America didn't die that day. We got stronger, as a country.

I remember exactly where I was and what was going on, despite being rather young. My father, baby brother, and I were watching the news waiting for the traffic report. Then, we saw the footage live. When the second plane flew into the World Trade Center, he turned off the TV and told me to go play outside. I thought I understood what was going on, and I was not happy.

My respects to the victims of the attack...

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Oh, I remember this day...T__T I think I was 10 or 11. I was watching it on the news with my mom, and we were just shocked. We thought at first that it was accidental, and that they just hit the antenna or something, but then when the Pentagon was hit, I remember my mom freaking out (understandably so...) It was such a sad day... :(

God bless the victims, the families, and everyone else who was severely affected by this tragedy.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I remember that day. We were told to evacuate.

RIP the people that lost their lives. I don't know how terrorists could do that to innocent people....

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Never Forget 9/11

Kinda puts things in perspective :\ What a sad day it must have been. I vaguely remember it though.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    9/11 Was a day that affected and changed me for the rest of my life. I was in third grade, and on the way home I saw the smoke from the two towers. I had no idea what it was at the time, but when I got home my mom told me what happened. Let the souls of the deceased rest in peace, and may justice find the heartless monsters that played a role in it.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I remember I was in... 7th grade, I think? Pretty sure. In my reading class, when we heard the news. I think they announced it over the loudspeaker. I remember we all were watching the live coverage (it was after the second tower fell, so no real action). But then, my grandmother came to the school and pulled me out, thinking America was under attack, or what have you.

Personally, I believe this day should be more about the avocation of world piece instead of mourning. We have a very bad habit of nearly forcefully reliving tragic events because it's "patriotic", and I don't believe in patriotism. And patriotism tends to fuel wars, and sometimes even start them. It's when you start labeling people that we fight, because labels create difference, and difference creates bigotry, and bigotry creates hate.

All in all, I don't consider myself an "American" as much as I consider myself a "Human". And we're all Humans. Why don't we ever celebrate that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    I remember that I was in fourth grade, and our principal told all the teachers to turn off their TVs, so we couldn't see it. Both of my parents and my aunt came to pick me up that day, and I had no idea what was going on, therefore had no idea why everyone was making such a big fuss.

R.I.P to all the victims, and God bless all their families.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I really did not know any of this happend until a few years back. i now know that this was a tragidy, im sorry for all the familys that lost someone, and yea.
    God bless america~
    in class were watching the "live" footage of inside tower 1. wow

ShinyZoruaGirl

Crazy Rowdyruff Boys Fangirl!
    Years
    I was only..two when 9/11 happened..I still understood back then though, my whole family was gasping and stuff..

Let us pray that all of the people are resting in peace..and let us also forgive the muslims..

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I was coming home from 2nd grade, and my mom is all "Turn on the TV!!!" being so young, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, it was a real tragedy, considering we hadn't done anything to deserve it. God bless everyone who died and their families and friends in the untimely attack.
    I just noticed that was my 911th post 0_0

Last edited:
    Years
    I give my condolences to all the unlucky innocent people that were killed that day. I pray nothing like this ever happens again. I really hate it when people make 9/11 jokes. When it actually happened, I didn't realize how serious it was.

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years
    I remember the day perfectly...

RIP to all those who lost their lives in the attacks, and RIP to the heroes that died trying to save others. Let's also not forget the soldiers who are fighting right now.

badalcristiano

_,.-~;:*'`WINNING`'*:;~-.,_
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2012
    As much as I admire the United States of America for what they've done as a nation. I feel its in my utmost responsibility to say this:
    "Today we mourn the deaths of many. Many young and bright, many old and knowledgable. All thanks to a unskpeakably bad act. 9/11. A day most of the world mourns these deaths, I mourn the loss of a great nation. The day we saw the beggining of the fall of a great nation- United States of America"
    - Badal

I do not mean this as a bad thing to USA. But anyone who reads the book "The Reluctant Fundamentalist" would know how much things have changed for us Indians/Pakistanis/Nepalis/South east asians since then.

But again ,I shall pay tribute to those heroes who died for what they believe in and pledge to "Never Forget."

And I whole heartily hope that nothing such as this ever happens again, whether it be in USA or anywhere else

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I was in 3rd grade when this happened, we watched the news as it was occurring. None of us understood, but the look of horror on our teacher's face expressed the message well enough, even if we didn't understand what truly happened.

RIP All 9/11 victims.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I remember this day very clearly, I was in 6th grade when our principal came on over the PA system and said the president had declared a national emergency. I had no perspective at the time since I was so young, but I've grown to realize what an important and tragic day 9/11 was. RIP to all of the victims and peace be with them and all their families.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back