• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Never Forget 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    3rd grade, in math class. An announcement came over the school speaker, though I wasn't fully able to grasp the entire situation until I had went home, and actually saw the footage on the television. I was horrified.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    I was in the 7th grade and really I could've cared less about what was going on, who knew that it would someday be a day to go down in infamy. I can't believe I forgot today was 9/11, proof I live in a cave...

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I always remember 9/11 til the day I die. It was a shocker when I seen what happened that day. I was at school when it happen. I want to honor the survivors and victims of the attack. I hope we will find peace in this world someday.

Years
    While we must always remember the tragic events of 9/11, we must also remember why it came to pass and the reasons behind it...

And I still remember it happening vividly, My Auntie in the Philipines calling us in the Middle of the night with me studying for school to turn on the Cable to CNN...it happened just before the South Tower got hit...And with the turbulent EDSA 2 happening only a few months before...it was quite the historic time for me.

Last edited:
    Years
    I was only about 7 or so when the incident happened and was living in Asia when this happened. When the evening news came and I saw the footage of what happened, I was shocked to a degree that hasn't been matched since. Politics aside, this is a date that no one must ever forget. Condolences to the victims and their close ones.

Years
    I pretty much live under a rock, so I didnt find out about this until a while after it happened. I was really young at the time anyway so I don't really remember anyway...It scares me to watch what happened so I know the people that witnessed it were terrified. May the ones who died that day rest in peace.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    Safe to say, the whole world was affected.

America =/= whole world. The whole world was not affected by 9/11 and the whole world most definitely does not mourn on this day. In fact, most of the world couldn't care less. I'm sorry, I understand this is not the time or place, but this statement is a major innaccuracy and needs to be fixed. Wake up and smell the coffee.

The Rwanda genocide (yes, genocide) happened a few years before it, and the world kept on spinning and few people gave a damn, and mostly every year nobody cares to remember the suffering of these people, because, hey, WTF is Rwanda anyway, and who the hell cares about Africa? So, no, please, get your facts straight: on 9/11 I saw the news at 8pm, opened my journal, wrote a sad poem, and MOVED ON. That night I had my dinner like every night, and I went to sleep like every night, and I slept like a baby. I don't mourn 9/11 and I can assure you most of the rest of the world doesn't either (including my country, Cuba) because we're too damn busy dealing with our political corruptions, our poverty, and our 1001 diseases under the Sun to care or remember than on this day a handful of people in NYC lost their lives. Death happens. Mass death happens. Genocide happens. The world doesn't stop spinning, nor is it affected wholy.

Now if anyone would like to accuse me of starting a flamewar simply because I DISAGREE, then by all means do so. It wouldn't be the first time the USA cannot handle a disagreement and guns down the opposition because of it. I'm sorry for all the lives that were lost, for all the people whom this affected, and for the families who cannot ever stop mourning on this day, but 9/11 didn't affect me and therefore I have no reason to mourn it; this is true for most of the world too. Or at least, as far as I'm concerned, that's how it is. If you'd like to continue to believe that the whole world was affected and the whole world mourns 9/11, then by all means continue to do so, but trust me when I say that that statement couldn't be more inaccurate if it tried.

Last edited:

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
    Years
    I Was to young to understand and only two years ago when i visited new york did i understand what 9/11 was i saw the construction going on and i asked what used to be there when someone came up and said, do you want this guide to 9/11? and such only then did i start to under stand surprisingly my younger sibling 10 new all about this and we visited a memorial building and i watched a video and learned all about it from then on i researched and then, i actually cried i felt so sad for everyone that died and there family's. R.I.P those families children men and women and i feel sorry for those that miss there relatives cause of that day. i pledge to never forget that day.

The Amazing Scizor

The Traveller
    Years
    I think it might be important to remember WHY al-Qaeda attacked the US. They said why. It wasn't that they hated our "freedom". It was because the US backs the Israeli genocide of Palestinians.

Of course, I guess it'd be unpopular to say that in the mainstream media . . .

If we're remember 9/11, we should also remember the 1973 coup that ousted Salvador Allende and created a horrible dictatorship.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I was little, so I didn't care. But my friend was in New York City at the time, In Preschool. And she was the planes coming and she was scared, so her teacher said "Thos are just teensy-weensy little airplanes" I wouldn't believe that.

StyxFTW

Be reckless
    Years
    I was 5 at the time. I wasn't at school don't remember why. I live in New York but I didn't understand what was going on. RIP to the people who died on that day. I just hope the stereotypes stop against the Muslims :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    I was in the 4 grade when it happened. AS i remembered that teachers turn on the T.Vs and put it on the News. I was wondering what the heck is going on then then a second plane hit the other tower. That was the biggies thing that ever happened in the USA. I will not forget.

Last edited:

Whater

Unhatchable Egg
    Years
    I remember watching the tragedy on the news and was shocked instantly. It's just so disappointing looking at our country and others and realize how many people hate us. R.I.P. fellow firefighters :)

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
    You know...I wasn't even aware anything had happened; my family rarely watched the news, you see.

...Which probably explains why I was completely oblivious about it for at least a year. Of course, at the time, I was really young, and I had no relatives in New York.

Still, I realize it was a fairly traumatic event for all of America; even now, the repercussions are probably being felt. It's my hope that eventually we'll be able to move on and get along.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    I was 12 at the time, I remember when they literally let everybody out of class to watch the news. It went on for like a week.

I liked it, had no school for a week!

Though it was a pretty scary event, hopefully we won't be going into ww3..hope they find and kill bid loden on the spot. I wouldn't hesitate at all. Even IF he took his own men as a guard I'd still fire.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    9 years, and America still feels the impact of this very event. How could it be forgotten? To those who don't believe it affected the world, they couldn't be more wrong. It started a war. For those who love peace, they mourn 9/11 because it shattered the peace of the world. Wars were started, economies were affected, and relations between countries strained as America seeks to bring the terrorists to justice.

But not just what I described above happened. Muslims ended up with egg on their faces, even the honest Muslims who would do nothing to harm a fly ended up taking the blame from the bigoted people. Their extremists had done a horrible thing, so I think every sane Muslim in the world would mourn on this day, because they were horrified at what was done. I know that their scripture calls people to fight for their faith, but I'm certain that most of their non-extremist religious leaders felt that America was not any threat to the faith at all, even a year before the attacks.

The world was affected indirectly in many ways. Even people in the UK were affected in the years that follow, there were terrorist attacks in England, just to name one of many countries affected.

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I remember my big brother rushing in, telling us the news. Back then, I was only four, so I didn't understand what was happening.
    Bless the souls of everyone who died on 9/11, as well as the family members and friends of those people. Although I didn't understand what was happening, I do now, and I promise to never forget what happened on that day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back